Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2020, 09:53 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Not an issue for me......
Same here. Only like their shakes and nuggets and Chick-fil-A's are better on both are better anyway... Sonic has better shakes too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2020, 10:47 AM

41,958 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
THE LOCKDOWN HAS TURNED FEAR INTO A VIRTUE.
Indeed it has. Those who are refusing to wear masks because "muh rights!" and "freedumb!" believe that they are better than people who wear masks out of concern for other people.

LMAO ... Try to find the logic in that. No doubt you'll try to twist anti-masking somehow and make it a ... virtue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
Nope. The law is can't wear a mask AND carry a weapon at same time.
Guess you have some decisions to make if you want to go grocery shopping, then, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Publix starts mandating masks next Tuesday
That I don't get. Why wait until Tuesday? What's wrong with immediately? It's not like wearing a mask in public is some sudden new idea.

Quote:
I'm glad you live in fear.
So you won't be locking the door to your house when you leave or go to sleep? You can probably get rid of the circuit breaker in your house, all those pointless GFCI outlets, smoke detectors, too. I mean, there's nothing to fear there, right?

And you'll be removing the brakes, headlights, taillights, turn signals, door locks, seat belts, parking brake, bumpers, windshields, etc. from your car, then? You don't happen to have any pepper spray on your key chain, eh? For that matter, why have a key chain at all - just let those babies jingle around in your pocketbook or pocket all loose like. Why take precautions to keep them all in one place? What are you afraid of?

And of course, you won't need that annoying annual health or dental check up anymore. Because ... what is there to be afraid of?

Precaution does not equal fear. I would think that would be perfectly obvious to anyone with the capacity for critical thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
Going shopping for oldest child's school clothes and shoes tomorrow, any store that has mask requirements is not gonna get any of our money.
I'm sure they'll miss you. Not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Well it's all very simple, but probably not simple enough for Trump's devotees to grasp. Wearing a mask is a direct slam against Trump. Since he says that the virus is just a minor thing, that will go away soon, as if by magic, wearing a mask is the same as saying that he is not infallible. It's very obvious who the sheep are in this issue.
Pretty much. If the meaning is that sheep follow without thinking, that describes the anti-maskers moreso than those who do not object to wearing a mask when in public.

Old 07-17-2020, 11:26 AM

37,180 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
We'll eat when MickeyD's closes down. How about you?
I raised three kids on fish, venison, wild hog sausage, rabbits, and vegetables from the garden. As long as they hold out, I'm good.

Old 07-17-2020, 11:47 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
THE LOCKDOWN HAS TURNED FEAR INTO A VIRTUE. Those who are afraid believe they're better people than those who aren't, and will subconsciously look for ways to multiply that fear, because it's their virtue.
You never responded to the point that you recently said you wanted to run over Fauci, even though you were quite horrified by squirrel-tossing.

Rest assured, we noticed.

Old 07-17-2020, 11:56 AM

5,581 posts, read 2,308,300 times
Breaking: Lowes and Home Depot announce mask mandate.

Home Depot start date for masks is Wed July 22, 2020

I can't find anything official from Lowe's online about masks but the TV news mentioned Lowes briefly when announcing Home Depot today.

Last edited by Variable; 07-17-2020 at 12:39 PM..

Old 07-17-2020, 12:22 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Why are Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot, Kroger's, ... now mandating masks?

Old 07-17-2020, 12:33 PM

41,958 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Isn't it obvious? They are communist, Marxist, fascist organizations who want to control the sheeple.

No? Have I forgotten any of the adjectives used to describe mask mandates? It's so hard to keep them all straight. LOL ...

Old 07-17-2020, 12:37 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Do you really need to ask? Most of the country is under largely teethless mask orders and in a number of stores except say Walmart I have seen people not wear masks despite this.

Old 07-17-2020, 06:02 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Back to basics lifestyle?

What a kick that is, to see that scene. It looks just like the place where my father was raised. After dinner, they let the hound dogs in, to lick the plates clean. The door was an elk hide flap. His mother once shot a cougar on the roof, that had heard him crying in his crib and was trying to get inside.

Old 07-17-2020, 06:10 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,433,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Isn't it obvious? They are communist, Marxist, fascist organizations who want to control the sheeple.

No? Have I forgotten any of the adjectives used to describe mask mandates? It's so hard to keep them all straight. LOL ...
We already have a statewide mask mandate for all stores, so none of these are anything new for me. No one seems bothered in the least bit. I find the stances expressed in this forum regarding "You can't make ME wear a mask" hilarious/ludicrous at best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies