Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2020, 12:10 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
https://www.businessinsider.com/list...arbucks-2020-7

They are gonna have a little dictator at each entrance to insure we wee peasants are following their dictatorial policies. This won't end well workers are going to get hurt. I was already irritated with their asinine lines standing in the heat and rain so I rarely went to the store this will insure I WON'T be spending any of my money there. Wife just went this morning to get groceries and she says she won't be going back either. This crap is getting COMPLETELY out of control. Plus easy way around it is you aren't allowed to wear a mask if you are carrying a weapon.
It's about time somebody took leadership on the national stage. If the Trumpenfuhrer won't do it, then it's up to the corporate citizens it seems.

Their property, their rules. Good for them. Guess the new tagline, is "No shoes, no shirt, no mask? No Service"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2020, 12:12 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
unless the cops come and arrest me or the store manager kicks me out, just try to stop me from shopping without one. I'll go to a doctor and get a legal exemption. I can use legal trickery to get out of things too! I'm a survival of the fittest, natural selection guy, that's why I don't wear one. If you don't use your immune system you will weaken it. If we "slow the spread" we'll have to wear masks for years, and I'm NOT wearing a mask for 2-3 years. Better we achieve herd immunity. If there are multiple strains, people are just going to have to deal with it. I am not spending the next 5 years wearing masks and social distancing. Never gonna happen.
Private property. They have the right to refuse entry to anyone for any reason that is not covered under discrimination laws.

P.S. there IS no legal exemption. It's not covered under the ADA.

Old 07-19-2020, 11:39 AM

13,248 posts, read 7,308,440 times
Quote:
unless the cops come and arrest me or the store manager kicks me out, just try to stop me from shopping without one. I'll go to a doctor and get a legal exemption. I can use legal trickery to get out of things too! I'm a survival of the fittest, natural selection guy, that's why I don't wear one. If you don't use your immune system you will weaken it. If we "slow the spread" we'll have to wear masks for years, and I'm NOT wearing a mask for 2-3 years. Better we achieve herd immunity. If there are multiple strains, people are just going to have to deal with it. I am not spending the next 5 years wearing masks and social distancing. Never gonna happen.
The grocery stores here post a security guard he just tells them can't come in without a mask. I bet most of you didn't know assaulting a security guard charge is enhanced in most states to a felony the same charge as assault on a police officer.

I didn't know until a friend told me this story who worked security got sucker punched by a drunk college student at a burger restaurant here called in and out burger. It was a hang out on weekends they had problems with drunks who would get belligerent with the employees.

He went to court testified he felt bad about it because didn't even realize the guy had been charged with a felony thought would be just a misdemeanor. What kind of future would he have no employer going to hire someone with Felony assault convection. He had been a Marine late in the Vietnam war and a MP last year he was in he didn't think much the incident. This took place back in early 2000's he's in his late 60's now retired.

Just a warning anyone wants to get physical with security guard over wearing a mask your entering private property you have no right to be there if they don't want you there.

Old 07-19-2020, 06:55 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
The grocery stores here post a security guard he just tells them can't come in without a mask. I bet most of you didn't know assaulting a security guard charge is enhanced in most states to a felony the same charge as assault on a police officer.

I didn't know until a friend told me this story who worked security got sucker punched by a drunk college student at a burger restaurant here called in and out burger. It was a hang out on weekends they had problems with drunks who would get belligerent with the employees.

He went to court testified he felt bad about it because didn't even realize the guy had been charged with a felony thought would be just a misdemeanor. What kind of future would he have no employer going to hire someone with Felony assault convection. He had been a Marine late in the Vietnam war and a MP last year he was in he didn't think much the incident. This took place back in early 2000's he's in his late 60's now retired.

Just a warning anyone wants to get physical with security guard over wearing a mask your entering private property you have no right to be there if they don't want you there.
Given the amount of anger and hatred towards wearing masks, I think there would be people stupid enough to punch a security guard. People with a deep amount of anger won't think. They'll shoot and ask questions later. Some people are that crazy.

Old 07-19-2020, 07:33 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Given the amount of anger and hatred towards wearing masks, I think there would be people stupid enough to punch a security guard. People with a deep amount of anger won't think. They'll shoot and ask questions later. Some people are that crazy.
yep happens enough at NFL football games...

Old 07-19-2020, 07:41 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,808,426 times
Costco delivery works great. Pick-up at local grocery stores works well too. Worth it to me to tip well and not have to be amongst the loonies or wear a mask. Plus those who need jobs at Instacart or the grocery store make a living.

Old 07-19-2020, 07:59 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
yep happens enough at NFL football games...
Happens with riots too. I shudder in disgust/sadness when I think about what's going on. I think "just wear the freaking mask". But then, I think about why said persons won't. Said persons really don't care.

Old 07-19-2020, 10:35 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundstar View Post
For healthy people, these side effects are temporary and usually not an issue. But if you are severely ill and are continuously wearing an N95 mask for several hours at a time, it can damage the lungs. For a patient in respiratory distress, it can even be life threatening."
I guess you missed the bold part?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
In all of your examples, the thing in question, was either taught and inculcated from early childhood, or is an obvious question of danger.
Are you incapable of learning new things?

Quote:
unless the cops come and arrest me or the store manager kicks me out, just try to stop me from shopping without one. I'll go to a doctor and get a legal exemption. I can use legal trickery to get out of things too! I'm a survival of the fittest, natural selection guy, that's why I don't wear one. If you don't use your immune system you will weaken it. If we "slow the spread" we'll have to wear masks for years, and I'm NOT wearing a mask for 2-3 years.
Ooooh, tough guy. If everyone wore a mask and stayed home as much as possible, we'd be finished with this in a few months. But because of tough guys like you, we're stuck with this pandemic for at least another year. Thanks a bunch.

Old 07-20-2020, 05:52 AM

15,432 posts, read 7,487,193 times
Quote:
The employee at the front door is a representative of the store manager. Failure to follow their request to leave the store means you are trespassing. In Texas, failure to leave after a request from a business representative means you've committed criminal trespass, with a year in jail and large fine as punishments.

You have no clue about herd immunity in this situation. No one does, since the doctors and scientists are still working that out.

Old 07-20-2020, 06:40 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,431,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
Because we are the only nation that made this a political football. This is a health crisis not a political one.
No, the nation didn't make it a political football, our POTUS did that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies