Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2020, 07:10 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,766,243 times

Advertisements

White privilege is thinking a mask is tyranny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2020, 07:19 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
https://www.businessinsider.com/list...arbucks-2020-7

They are gonna have a little dictator at each entrance to insure we wee peasants are following their dictatorial policies. This won't end well workers are going to get hurt. I was already irritated with their asinine lines standing in the heat and rain so I rarely went to the store this will insure I WON'T be spending any of my money there. Wife just went this morning to get groceries and she says she won't be going back either. This crap is getting COMPLETELY out of control. Plus easy way around it is you aren't allowed to wear a mask if you are carrying a weapon.

You may soon have trouble finding a grocery store to shop in. Just sayin.

Old 07-15-2020, 07:20 PM

2,707 posts, read 1,032,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
You may soon have trouble finding a grocery store to shop in. Just sayin.
Doubt it. I will figure it out if that happens. I already refuse to enter any store that requires face masks.

Old 07-15-2020, 07:27 PM

17,534 posts, read 13,324,825 times
Quote:

They are gonna have a little dictator at each entrance to insure we wee peasants are following their dictatorial policies. This won't end well workers are going to get hurt. I was already irritated with their asinine lines standing in the heat and rain so I rarely went to the store this will insure I WON'T be spending any of my money there. Wife just went this morning to get groceries and she says she won't be going back either. This crap is getting COMPLETELY out of control. Plus easy way around it is you aren't allowed to wear a mask if you are carrying a weapon.

Give it up!

Can't you see what is happening since everything opened up?

Wear your DAMN masks!!!!!!!!

If not for yourself, WEAR them to PROTECT YOUR NEIGHBORS AND THOSE AROUND YOU!!!!

Old 07-15-2020, 07:30 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,013,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Then follow fearless leader, don't wear one and avoid those stores, that's your choice but don't condemn everyone else for adhering to best practices in hopes of avoiding it or spreading it to others.

You should write your local Law Enforcement and EMTS and tell them that their being stupid for wearing masks I'm sure they will agree with you....
Fearless leader has been wearing one lately.

At this point you’re dumb if you want to keep being stubborn.

At first I didn’t. Now, it’s really not a big deal.

Last edited by LordSquidworth; 07-15-2020 at 07:57 PM..

Old 07-15-2020, 08:23 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
I understand that some people are opposed to mask requirements. But the thread title states that this policy puts workers at risk. How is that the case? As others have stated, you can feel free to shop somewhere that does not have that policy, but I don't understand how the policy endangers workers.
He's basically saying that people like him will beat up employees that ask customers to wear masks.

Why he thinks it's OK to make threats in public, I don't know. Maybe he thinks that if he gives fair warning, he'll be let off the hook in case he does flip out and beat someone up. You'll have to ask him.

Old 07-15-2020, 08:27 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,183,485 times
Yet, countries that listened to their scientists and wore masks (or the rest of the developed world) we have the below graph. Some are re-opening and some never had to close but here in America we have FREEDUMB. Now, we are going to be worse while the OP cries about wearing a mask to WalMart. America is number one!!!

Old 07-15-2020, 08:41 PM

8,204 posts, read 3,479,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Forcing people to wear masks protects people, it doesn't put them at risk.

If we had acted like adults a few months ago, socially distanced, worn masks, and if the federal government had done the logical thing and gave financial support to the middle and lower class to incentivize staying at home, we'd be over this pandemic by now. Instead, we have uneducated, ignorant people refusing to wear masks, and a president who is trying to turn the concept of American citizens dying into a political issue, purely to protect his ego.
A few months ago they told people to not wear masks.

Once everyone is forced to wear them then when will it end? Having to wear a mask every day for the rest of your life is not a world worth living in.

When they closed down it was supposed to be only for a couple of weeks. Turned out to be a lie.

Another few weeks. Lie.

Going into June and it's still not reopen.

They aren't even mentioning when the masks will end. Instead, it's the "new normal" and people will get used to it. So, they intend for it to last.

I guess they wear people down enough with the masks then if a 'vaccine' comes along where you have to have a tattoo on your body that can be scanned to prove you had the vaccine to enter the store then people will be willing to comply more readily.

Old 07-15-2020, 08:46 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,564,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Having to wear a mask every day for the rest of your life is not a world worth living in.
You won't have to worry about doing so if you don't.

Old 07-15-2020, 08:50 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:

Please explain why people should fear the mask more than the virus?

In my town, since last Saturday people have been required to wear masks in stores since Saturday. Most big cities now require doing the same. Tulsa just passed a law requiring mask wear.

I don't mind required mask wear. The alternative could be for the government to go back to shutting down a lot of businesses. That would be far worse. We still can't go see a movie, though. It's odd that people weren't protesting or doing petitions over that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies