Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2020, 10:09 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,400,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
“Well, I must say, even though I’m regarded as pessimistic, I was never pessimistic enough to think that things would degenerate to the point where they are now, where adult human beings are talking about getting rid of the police, where they’re talking about reducing the number of police, reducing the resources put into police work at a time when murder rates have been skyrocketing over what they were just a year ago in 2019,” Sowell responded.

“I never dreamed we’d come to this point,” Sowell continued. “It just seems such utter madness, and what is frightening is how many people in responsible positions are caving in to every demand that is made, repeating any kind of nonsense that you’re supposed to repeat.”
https://www.dailywire.com/news/thoma...ike-propaganda

I share his sentiments. Hard to fathom that we are where we are now. These current events are as shocking to me as was the fall of the Soviet Union in the early nineties. It's just insane.

Last edited by Absolom; 07-16-2020 at 11:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2020, 10:13 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,864,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
https://www.dailywire.com/news/thoma...ike-propaganda

I share his sentiments. Hard to fathom that we are where we are now. These current events are as shocking to me as was the fall of the Soviet Union in the early nineties. It's just insane.
He is effing brilliant. I wish he were president!
#nogoodchoicesin2020

Why do the truly brilliant and worthy never become leaders??

Old 07-16-2020, 10:17 AM

52,212 posts, read 33,980,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post
#nogoodchoicesin2020

no doubt. he's speaking for millions:

“It just seems such utter madness, and what is frightening is how many people in responsible positions are caving in to every demand that is made, repeating any kind of nonsense that you’re supposed to repeat.”

Old 07-16-2020, 10:17 AM

51,588 posts, read 25,539,833 times
Insane? I should say.

Police openly murdering unarmed citizens in cold blood.

Government forces in military gear attacking peaceful citizens exercising their Constitutional right to assemble and protest.

Old 07-16-2020, 10:26 AM

51,588 posts, read 25,539,833 times
I never thought I'd live to see the day that people chanting Nazi slogans and waving Nazi flags would march down our streets and attack peaceful citizens.

Old 07-16-2020, 10:27 AM

45,314 posts, read 26,829,168 times
Caving?

I say these local officials are either friendly or they have been bought.

I also say - God's judgment (in that he leaves us to ourselves to destroy ourselves)... but that's for another discussion.

Old 07-16-2020, 10:39 AM

24,300 posts, read 16,970,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Insane? I should say.

Police openly murdering unarmed citizens in cold blood.

Government forces in military gear attacking peaceful citizens exercising their Constitutional right to assemble and protest.

Seriously??

I blame George Floyd for his tragic end. Floyd had choices every step of the way. Why were the Police called, why didn't he cooperate, why did he resist arrest? What happened up to the point that he was finally subdued, cuffed, face down on the ground was his choice. What is not his fault is that the knee on his neck belonged to a sadistic cop that wanted to make him suffer. There was no way that cop wanted to murder Floyd and end his own life but he certainly wanted to cause him pain and that is wrong.

The cop and those that didn't step in are now facing murder charges. They will face justice.

What happened in the aftermath was far from "peaceful" and what is happening now where certain politicians are going right along with the demands from the terrorist group BLM is not going to end well for America.

Sowell is correct. The nation stepped back from the precipice when Hillary was denied but now we are once again standing on that edge, one foot on a banana peel and the anarchist have their hands on our shoulders.

Old 07-16-2020, 10:39 AM

77,798 posts, read 59,953,151 times
Quote:
#nogoodchoicesin2020

They generally have a conscience and aren't smooth liars...two pretty big requirements for the job.

That and they don't want to have to face a litany of claims from people they may not even remember or even met from 30+ years ago claiming racism, sexism, rape or whatnot.

Old 07-16-2020, 10:40 AM

18,515 posts, read 7,273,065 times
Quote:
#nogoodchoicesin2020

Hans-Hermann Hoppe can explain it to you.

Old 07-16-2020, 10:44 AM

17,640 posts, read 13,474,475 times
He's a 90 year old dude who is saying what 90 year old dudes say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies