Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2020, 01:06 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,048,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by openroadsnsunshine View Post
Refute just one of the points I raised in the OP. Dems are not doing the things I mentioned? These things are OK with you?
As I don't think you're a real person- or at least not the person you claim to be- why should I waste my time? It's not going to make any difference, is it? Even on the very off chance you are who you say you are, the fact that you so easily have bought into every bit of Republican propaganda suggests I'm not going to have any influence either way.

Am I wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2020, 01:13 PM

3,203 posts, read 2,481,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
In recent weeks, mobs have torn down statues of Christopher Columbus, Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, Frederick Douglas, and have attempted to tear down a statue of Abraham Lincoln.
And, in Portland, OR, a 125 year old statue of an elk.

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/...g-protest.html

Old 07-16-2020, 01:14 PM

11,770 posts, read 5,781,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
As I don't think you're a real person- or at least not the person you claim to be- why should I waste my time? It's not going to make any difference, is it? Even on the very off chance you are who you say you are, the fact that you so easily have bought into every bit of Republican propaganda suggests I'm not going to have any influence either way.

Am I wrong?
This is a discussion board - if you don't care to discuss - why bother being here. You've done nothing to refute what the OP said but have deflected and play the I don't think your real game because you don't actually have any data to refute what the OP said.

You're the one who looks like the loser in this situation.

Old 07-16-2020, 01:16 PM

35,681 posts, read 21,030,020 times
TV and Media- We can see trumpettes act up- see extremist left wing act up, see extremist right wingers act up... but that does not equate to the other 98% of the population. Most be people trying got survive the pandemic and see where they can earn a dollar.
You all got what you wanted... what Mr.T planned-- a total division of the American people along with anger and disgust for the opposing views. Did all help? Yes, push came to shove, and that's where it's at for the moment.
I'd say he accomplished his mission, and will get as many of us killed via virus, before he falls.

Old 07-16-2020, 01:18 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,779,493 times
You know what;s most amusing about these so called 'walk away' threads? The language and arguments are straight out right wing media, like the poster had been consuming it all along. Strange

Old 07-16-2020, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by openroadsnsunshine View Post
...In Democrat run cities
See, this is a perfect example of that Republican propaganda I was talking about. The protests occurred in all 50 states, and the political makeup of the state or city leadership seemed to be no real factor in where they occurred. They happened in places from small, conservative towns to large, liberal cities. Furthermore, the VAST majority of the protests and protesters were peaceful. There were even videos of protesters actively trying to prevent some of the rioting. There were also videos showing members of white, Right-wing groups intentionally instigating violence and damage in order to undermine the protests and start a "new civil war". Apparently, that strategy worked on some people.

The point is that it's not that black and white, so to speak. The reasons for the protests are complex, and they transcend mere Democrat vs. Republican politics.

Old 07-16-2020, 01:22 PM

27 posts, read 7,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
You're disgusted with Trump. Good, so am I.
You're disgusted by the radical left. Good, so am I.

So why not vote for a moderate, sensible "normal" candidate. Someone who doesn't encourage violence by right-wing racists or by leftist antifa hooligans. Someone who takes complaints about the police seriously, but would stop short of "defund". Someone who projects respect for white and black, men and women.

I'm talking about Joe Biden, of course.

I have never heard Biden say "silence is violence". What he DID say:

“Protesting such brutality is right and necessary. It’s an utterly American response. But burning down communities and needless destruction is not. Violence that endangers lives is not. Violence that guts and shutters businesses that serve the community is not.”

“Tonight, I ask all of America to join me – not in denying our pain or covering it over – but using it to compel our nation across this turbulent threshold into the next phase of progress, inclusion, and opportunity for our great democracy,” Mr Biden said. “We are a nation in pain, but we must not allow this pain to destroy us.”
If I were convinced that he could stand up to the radical left, I would.
I'm torn. I realize that any vote for a 3rd party is really a vote for Trump or Biden anyway, it's just a protest vote.

In my opinion Trump has no business being POTUS and is not a real leader. This goes beyond party. I don't think he's loyal to any party, just to himself and stoking his ego.
So we get either 4 more years of no leadership from a man stoking his ego on the world stage while the rest of us cringe and hope that the system of checks and balances of a 3 branch government hold together or we get someone who represents the side that is canceling freedom of speech, erasing history, defunding the police and apologizing or enabling anarchists.

Before the last couple of months, I just wanted Trump out. Now I'm not so sure I'm ready for dems to take power as they are now.

If you are right about Biden, I would vote for him while I still reject the radical left side of the party.
I just have a hard time imagining that the party that has engendered, enabled and apologized for the madness of the radical left will do much to reign it in.

Old 07-16-2020, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
This is a discussion board - if you don't care to discuss - why bother being here. You've done nothing to refute what the OP said but have deflected and play the I don't think your real game because you don't actually have any data to refute what the OP said.

You're the one who looks like the loser in this situation.
This is less of a discussion board and more a place for a bunch of people to high-five their political views with people who just nod in agreement.

But sure, what point would you like me to address that you would like to have a discussion about? More than happy to have one if anyone is actually here for that.

Old 07-16-2020, 01:24 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,312,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
They happened in places from small, conservative towns to large, liberal cities. Furthermore, the VAST majority of the protests and protesters were peaceful. There were even videos of protesters actively trying to prevent some of the rioting. There were also videos showing members of white, Right-wing groups intentionally instigating violence and damage in order to undermine the protests and start a "new civil war".
But the protests that devolved into chaos, riots, and looting happened in Democrat-run cities. That's the point.

Do you have any proof to back up this assertion about right-wing groups instigating violence at protests?

Old 07-16-2020, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Same. I was what I like to be call a 'drive by politics' follower. I would see the MSM and think I knew what was going on. I realize now how I knew so little. I started paying close attention after voting for Obama in 2008 and the longer it goes and the more radical the left becomes the more conservative I become. I realize what total liars they are.
Donald Trump, by himself, has more than 17,000 documented lies during his presidency. So let's not pretend like you all care about honesty. You only care about who is doing the lying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies