Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2020, 12:52 PM

15,705 posts, read 9,423,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
The Unabomber, Ted Kaczyinski, wasn't really on the right politically. He criticized the left for its BS, but much of his rhetoric would be well received by leftists. Major Green Party members actually agreed with much of what Kaczyinski said.
Ironically, my point was that when we try to put someone like the Unabomber or Eric Rudolph into a political category that suits out needs, we're almost always wrong. And then you came along....

Bjut please list the things Kaczynski stood for that the left would get behind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2020, 12:54 PM

15,705 posts, read 9,423,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Left to his own devices, I believe that could well be true. However, Biden does not seem to have enough control of the party or of his own thought processes to avoid the demands of the extreme leftists on the national stage. His recent proposals demonstrate this.
I don't know if you're just not paying attention or if you're paying attention to the wrong people to think that Biden is an extremist. One of the Trump ads showing the rioting makes it appear that Biden is for defunding police forces almost out of existence. Can you show me where Biden ever said that please?

Old 07-16-2020, 01:00 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,399,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
To every sad person that left Dem bc of reasons... You left the Dems to join the party that overwhelmingly still supported serial pedophile Roy Moore.

That's just pathetic AND depraved. If you think Dems approve of rioting, at least it's rioting for a reason. What's your excuse for voting for a pedophile?
So which side of the aisle supports children being fed hormones in order to "transition?" Which side came out in support of an 11 year old dancing in a bar at 3 a.m. while grown men threw money at him?

And what "reason" is there for rioting? The destruction of personal property and businesses that people have worked to build?

Old 07-16-2020, 01:02 PM

18,403 posts, read 7,005,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaflyer View Post
The right in America has completely lost its mind. It consists of either Trumpista radicals or people who may be center right but apologize for or enable Trump.

Is that just as accurate? If not, then...

Welcome to America in 2020. There may be a small minority of people who haven't lost their minds, but everyone else has.

What has Trump actually done..... legislation, or otherwise that you consider "radical"?

Old 07-16-2020, 01:05 PM

16,345 posts, read 17,959,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openroadsnsunshine View Post
I've voted democrat most of my life and I've spent the last 3.5 years being as disgusted with Trump as anyone. These last few months though have taken what seemed like background noise about the radical left and amplified it into a loud, blaring wake-up call. The left in America has completely lost it's mind. It consists of either far left radicals or people who may be center left but apologize or enable far left radicals.

One of the new catchphrases we've been hearing is "Silence is Violence". This is meant to suggest that if you are silent on racism, you are complicit in the violence it causes. The irony of that statement is so ridiculous that it serves as a perfect example of the current leftist insanity!

- Someone who is silent or not vocal enough in denouncing racism is complicit in violence committed by others.
- Meanwhile, people who are LITERALLY engaging in REAL violence, burning cities, attacking and killing people, occupying parts of cities, etc are apologized for and enabled. Their bail is paid for and they are not held to account by the left for their actions.

So in the left's view. If I stay home, pay my taxes, follow the law, act like a responsible citizen and decline to participate in BLM protests or activism, I am more evil and contemptible than someone who is out burning cities, tearing down public statues and assaulting or killing people! Can you see why this is no longer my party?

However, that is not the reason why I brought up "Silence is Violence". I brought it up to turn it around and aim it back at the left. Your silence on what is happening to YOUR party makes YOU complicit as well.

I'm done with the left! I can't vote for Trump but I won't vote Dem either. Actually, as bad as I thought Trump was, the left in the last few months has horrified my more than the 3.5 years we've just suffered through. I never thought the term "defund or abolish" the police would be taken seriously. I never thought I'd see my own countrymen tearing down our statues and defacing our history. I never thought freedom of speech and ideas would erode to the point that it has in our media and universities.

The left champions itself as the party of science yet it will immediately silence and denounce any scientist that might contradict some of the left's sacred cows.
- We've seen it for decades now with climate change where any non-alarmist scientist is shunned and silenced.
- We see it with gender, where DNA no longer determines if you are male or female, your FEELINGS do!
- We see it with statistics on police arrests that show that racism is not the systemic problem it is being made out to be.
- We see it with Covid-19 and denigrating the effictiveness of Hydroxychlorquine simply to spite Trump who had advocated for it.
- We see it with people saying with a straight face, that mass protests and rioting are not a concern for spreading covid after we've just been told mass gatherings were bad and we could not see loved ones in their final moments in the hospital. We could not hold proper funerals but George Floyd had about THREE of them that were fit for a head of state!

Then we have the insanity of Cancel Culture, where you can have your life ruined by something you said 15 years ago.

This is a world where we have leftist professors in our universities saying the most racist, sexist things you can imagine with no shame or apology but if you tweet "blue lives matter" or simply say you approve of the duly elected president of United States as the CEO of Goya did, you deserve to be cancelled, boycotted and shamed.

This is a world where a children's cartoon like Paw Patrol is cancelled as offensive or triggering but the most vile gangster rap is condoned and celebrated.

This is a world where it's absolutely acceptable to be racist as long as it's towards white people. We call unpleasant white women "Karens" without any sense of shame or irony! Can you imagine if we had a represenative African American name for unpleasant black women? Can you imagine the media running article after article about the latest example of a "Shanice" behaving badly?
Can you imagine a bestselling book called Black fragilty or Asian fragility?
Can you imagine workshops to reduce your blackness?

It seems like the radical left wants to tear down the system. What do they plan on replacing it with? We had the opportunity to see this in action with CHOP/CHAZ and it ended as badly as you would expect. We are supposed to want to try this on a national level?

Our system is not perfect and it can be improved but tearing it all down and expecting whatever is cobbled together in place of it to work BETTER is just shear insanity that any thinking, rational adult should reject immediately.
Does anyone actually believe these "personal" stories about supposed long-term right or left voters suddenly switching sides based on obvious propaganda being overblown into a dumb movement? This is about as believable as the whole Walkaway thing. No Democrat/liberal speaks like this. They don't believe every single conservative trope, lie and stereotype about Democrats/liberals. This is not a post from a "Democrat" who is fed up with the left. Come on. At least learn to lie better.

Old 07-16-2020, 01:07 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,816,287 times
"The left" isn't a monolith.

Old 07-16-2020, 01:08 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,606,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Does anyone actually believe these "personal" stories about supposed long-term right or left voters suddenly switching sides based on obvious propaganda being overblown into a dumb movement? This is about as believable as the whole Walkaway thing. No Democrat/liberal speaks like this. They don't believe every single conservative trope, lie and stereotype about Democrats/liberals. This is not a post from a "Democrat" who is fed up with the left. Come on. At least learn to lie better.
No, lol.

It's just more lies to divide us further.

10,681 posts, read 6,072,309 times
So much rambling...

bu2

23,873 posts, read 14,662,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
In recent weeks, mobs have torn down statues of Christopher Columbus, Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, Frederick Douglas, and have attempted to tear down a statue of Abraham Lincoln.
They tore down a statue of a Catholic priest in California who himself was a slave, a prominent abolitionist in Philadelphia, spray painted statues of the 54th Massachusetts (all Black regiment that was the inspiration for the movie Glory), spray painted statues of the Virgin Mary, tore down General Grant-without whom the South would likely have won the Civil War,...

They are trying to remove a statue of Abraham Lincoln in Boston and tried to tear down the one in DC paid for by freed slaves.

Old 07-16-2020, 01:10 PM
bu2

23,873 posts, read 14,662,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Question for everyone, you remember when the Left would talk about right wingers like Eric Rudolph or the Unabomber? The Right would correctly point ot they they were not Republicans. They were too far to the right. I am sure the ones tearing down the statues are not Democrats (or Republicans.) They are far left and most of them are probably anarchists. They just want chaos and disorder which is a far cry from the majority of the actual protestors who just want change and equal rights.

That said, both parties have some extremists in their midst. To deny that would be lunacy. Joe Biden is neither an extremist nor an anarchist.

I also suspect anyone who really is about to #walklaway from the Democratic Party just needed one gentle push to do or or maybe they were never Democrat.
The difference is that the Democratic Party is endorsing the actions of these people and stopping the police from enforcing the law against them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies