Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2020, 05:09 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,751,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerrose View Post
I realize you are probably elderly, but your posts are strangely evocative of
an asthmatic kid who lives in his mother's basement.
I've been on my own since 18 years old. Never had to live in my parents basement. Good Bye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2020, 05:19 PM

6,735 posts, read 4,417,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky Girl View Post
I mean, it’s repulsive. Thing is, the man stole money from needy kids and the military via a fake charity! He stole money from people through a fake university!

Whyyy would someone think he’d make a good president??

Thats not the worst thing he has done. He's all about money.

" Even when it comes to a sick baby in his family, Donald Trump is all business. The megabuilder and his siblings Robert and Maryanne terminated their nephew’s family medical coverage a week after he challenged the will of their father, Fred Trump. “This was so shocking, so disappointing and so vindictive,” said niece Lisa Trump. "

Old 07-17-2020, 09:07 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route39 View Post
20k fewer than Biden
That's a hoax!

There's only 15 and there'll be none by next week.

Old 07-17-2020, 09:28 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,429,771 times
I haven't read into this story so their may be more to their relationship, but it seems kind of opportunistic to market a book targeting your own uncle for money and attention. Maybe that's not her purpose but with so many others coming after him, it appears to be done for reasons that are not noble or justified.

Better to hold your tongue in these positions.

Old 07-17-2020, 09:42 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,914,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
(including Melania after her divorce), and so on.
Trump and Melania live separate lives. She lives in a place in Maryland and joins the Don only for PR events like the 4th of July thing at Rushmore. When she does stay at the WH she sleeps in her own bedroom, sources say, presumably because she is afraid of what she'd catch if she let him touch her after the Stormy Daniels affair.

Melania would be wise to get out now instead of waiting for Trump's loss in Nov. She has to think of Barron's mental health. She's probably worried sick the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Melania Trump Figures It’s Time To Sit Barron Down And Tell Him He Was Bred For His Organs

(disclaimer: this is satire from The Onion)

Old 07-17-2020, 09:48 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,914,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
You mean to tell me there's 950,000 people who still read books????

I think you meant to say, "You mean there's 950,000 American who can read?????

Old 07-17-2020, 09:51 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
and it's apparently 200 whole pages!

Have any of y'all funded poor Mary's ignored inheritance and read anything good beyond what's already hit the rumor mill?

I'd like to see the subset of those who bought both books (and however many other books have been written about Trump in the last 3 years).
Ive read some of it. All the juicy bits everyone knows already, but it still makes for some interesting reading to be honest. The writing is ok, but so far hasn't been great. Neither was boltons. But not as bad as some books I have read.

Old 07-18-2020, 09:10 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,370,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dump1567 View Post
You would think 3 1/2 years of MSM Trump hate would be enough, but I guess people just want more. Who cares? If you don't like him or his politics, don't vote for him. How many "ah ha!" moments can we have with this guy before people get a life?

Now we can here stories for the next 2 weeks of "Trump did this" per this fiction book & have it posted here as fact.
It’s not that kind of book. It is a history of the family from a psychologist’s/family member point of view. It is a fascinating story. I read my copy in 2 days. Once I finished the book, I totally saw why Trump is the way he is. We are all shaped by growing up amid our families. There is quite a bit of sadness in the story, especially about Freddy, Trump’s brother.

It’s too bad more Trump supporters won’t read it. It is extremely well written. I seem to be the only poster on here who has actually read the book.

Old 07-18-2020, 09:52 PM

8,549 posts, read 10,973,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I feel sorrow that your family was so fractured. I knew all my uncles, and most of my grand-uncles, and was very close to 2 of them. And now that I'm an uncle, I'm close to my nephews and nieces.

Almost everyone I know knows their uncles. Some love them, some don't. Either way, they are an important family connection to them all.

Its sad you missed out on so much of any family's life. It must be very lonely and isolating to have such a fractured family.
We weren't fractured at all.
We grew up to be independent thinking people, and though we loved one another, we all were brought up to take care of number one first.
The immediate family unit was close, but distant relatives were just that, distant.
Never missed that 'closeness" with relatives, because it never existed in the first place.
Nothing sad, or dysfunctional about that.

Old 07-18-2020, 10:06 PM

8,549 posts, read 10,973,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Not associating with a relative because they are gay is dysfunctional in most folks book. That is not how functioning families operate. You may think that it is normal but it points to your on dysfunction.
Back then, I'm talking the 50's, being gay was not something that was talked about like today.
It was frowned upon.
If that was dysfunctional, then I guess most families with a gay member were also dysfunctional back then.
I don't feel we ever thought of our family as dysfunctional, just extremely independent of one another.
As kids we were taught responsibility for one's self, all the while knowing should we stumble along the way, the family was there for us.
I , as well as my siblings have had very successful lives because of how we were raised.

None of us in out later years would ever have thought of disparaging one of us, or our relatives as this Mary Trump has done.
Now THAT is dysfunctional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies