Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2020, 02:43 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times

Advertisements

Our criminal justice system requires not only the written declaration of law, but also the enforcement arm through the police and the prison system.

Now if one eliminates the police and one commits a murder:

1. who takes the complaint?
2, if they send out a social worker, why not just kill them too?
3. as social workers have no experience in crime scene investigation, do they just blow that off?
4. what happens to evidence and crime labs?
5. how many social workers do you have to kill before the feds get involved?
6. do citizens arm themselves or are they supposed to hire feudal protection rackets?
7. are speed limits now unlimited in cities?
8. bank robbing? why not?
9. school shootings? Tough kids should be able to handle the shooters.
10. rape? who cares? suck it up
11. zoning? Why not build a meat processing plant in downtown Minneapolis?
12. theft?Why pay for anything from stores anymore?

There is a reason that primitive civilizations formed laws a few thousand years ago. Obviously, they were more astute and sophisticated than the modern liberal, who pines for feudal times of warlords and rule by the sword.

I own an armored personnel carrier, so I guess I'll just use that as my daily driver. No more parking worries, I can just run over cars and crush them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2020, 02:51 PM

24,489 posts, read 17,226,594 times
I don't know how we went from ejecting a few bad cops to defunding them all and laying off the rest?

This has to be the idea of Lefty Loony Liberals that would rather use their feelings than they brains.

The trouble is it seems that the mob can run rough shod over civilization with no repercussions and little fear of reprisal but if a good citizen stands up to them that person risks not only the anger of the mob but also persecution by the Democrat elected?

It will be very interesting to see what happens when Police are replaced with social workers. I wonder how long this social experiment will last?

We really are living in a Bizarro world where certain parts of if is beginning to resemble the movie "The Purge" .

If the virus doesn't get you the rioting looters will.

Old 07-16-2020, 02:55 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I don't know how we went from ejecting a few bad cops to defunding them all and laying off the rest?

This has to be the idea of Lefty Loony Liberals that would rather use their feelings than they brains.

The trouble is it seems that the mob can run rough shod over civilization with no repercussions and little fear of reprisal but if a good citizen stands up to them that person risks not only the anger of the mob but also persecution by the Democrat elected?

It will be very interesting to see what happens when Police are replaced with social workers. I wonder how long this social experiment will last?

We really are living in a Bizarro world where certain parts of if is beginning to resemble the movie "The Purge" .

If the virus doesn't get you the rioting looters will.

Agreed. If there is no police, there is no reason whatsoever to obey the laws. You can drive 120 mph in town and steal everything you want. If someone tries to stop you, just kill them.

I hope everyone has a big supply of ammo and have a full complement of assault weapons or full auto. I don't think handguns will do the trick in such an environment, as you would be grossly out gunned. Full auto and flame throwers will be the way to go.

It may be prudent to simply kill anyone who approaches, as they might be armed with knives or swords. Why take the chance- just kill them.

Old 07-16-2020, 03:28 PM

7,777 posts, read 6,385,415 times
And they wonder why there is an enormous increase in gun sales.

Old 07-16-2020, 03:37 PM

19,630 posts, read 12,222,208 times
Who's laughing at the preppers now?

Old 07-16-2020, 03:51 PM

17,308 posts, read 12,245,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Agreed. If there is no police, there is no reason whatsoever to obey the laws. You can drive 120 mph in town and steal everything you want. If someone tries to stop you, just kill them.

I hope everyone has a big supply of ammo and have a full complement of assault weapons or full auto. I don't think handguns will do the trick in such an environment, as you would be grossly out gunned. Full auto and flame throwers will be the way to go.

It may be prudent to simply kill anyone who approaches, as they might be armed with knives or swords. Why take the chance- just kill them.
Is enforcement really the only thing keeping you from going on a murderous rampage?

The point being made is that social workers and the like could respond to non-violent civil matters. There would still be police for violent situations. But basically everything else that you would currently call the police non-emergency number for does not need to be handled by police.

Old 07-16-2020, 03:53 PM

17,620 posts, read 6,908,038 times
I'm fine with all the liberals living in urban hellholes with no police. Maybe they'll kill each other off at a high enough rate to stop Democrats from winning elections.

Old 07-16-2020, 04:07 PM

4,602 posts, read 6,361,632 times
"Now if one eliminates the police" I guess I must have dozed off....who is calling for the elimination of police ? Defunding those roles currently performed by police to others better trained in those disciplines.... yes. Eliminate police all together....Show me a reputable source please.

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 07-16-2020, 04:10 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,554,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Our criminal justice system requires not only the written declaration of law, but also the enforcement arm through the police and the prison system.

Now if one eliminates the police and one commits a murder:

1. who takes the complaint?
2, if they send out a social worker, why not just kill them too?
3. as social workers have no experience in crime scene investigation, do they just blow that off?
4. what happens to evidence and crime labs?
5. how many social workers do you have to kill before the feds get involved?
6. do citizens arm themselves or are they supposed to hire feudal protection rackets?
7. are speed limits now unlimited in cities?
8. bank robbing? why not?
9. school shootings? Tough kids should be able to handle the shooters.
10. rape? who cares? suck it up
11. zoning? Why not build a meat processing plant in downtown Minneapolis?
12. theft?Why pay for anything from stores anymore?

There is a reason that primitive civilizations formed laws a few thousand years ago. Obviously, they were more astute and sophisticated than the modern liberal, who pines for feudal times of warlords and rule by the sword.

I own an armored personnel carrier, so I guess I'll just use that as my daily driver. No more parking worries, I can just run over cars and crush them.
IMHO, this idea (getting rid of the Thin Blue Line) is intended to foster anarchy, which will be the convenient excuse to institute marshal law or similar.

Old 07-16-2020, 04:14 PM

14,226 posts, read 4,592,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Is enforcement really the only thing keeping you from going on a murderous rampage?

The point being made is that social workers and the like could respond to non-violent civil matters. There would still be police for violent situations. But basically everything else that you would currently call the police non-emergency number for does not need to be handled by police.
A non-violent "routine" call can turn deadly real quick.

Remember the young cop who was murdered in Toledo, Ohio 2 weeks ago? Guess what kind of call he was responding to? He was responding to a non-violent intoxicated person call.

The two cops who got shot by a BLM member in Botbell (one of the cops did not make it) in Washington a few days ago. Guess what kind of call? A "routine" traffic stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies