Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2020, 02:04 PM

17,302 posts, read 12,245,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
Throw a rock and get your a-- beat. Your man-bun is irrelevant.
Yep. Totally fair for the rock thrower. Just not for the non-rock thrower nearby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2020, 02:06 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Does this look like the gear a peaceful protester should be carrying ? Come on, this is so much more than just graffiti.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...outputType=amp

I think you are unaware that the DHS as part of its justification for entering Portland labeled dozens of incidents of graffiti as "violent anachists."

Old 07-18-2020, 02:09 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
So much for the Constitution. Looks like I'll have to be extra careful on my walks now.
Well, if you just avoid Portland and riots you might be OK.

BTW, the President has an obligation to protect federal property.

Old 07-18-2020, 02:09 PM

4,445 posts, read 1,449,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Where are all the cosplaytriots that allege a deep state is implementing authoritarian rule by recommending people wear masks during a pandemic? Here we have the federal government being explicitly asked by the state and city to leave an area not under their jurisdiction and the feds just said no. States’ rights and constitution supporters indeed.
DHS declared Antifa a domestic terror org. Everywhere they are is a federal jurisdiction.

Old 07-18-2020, 02:10 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I think you are unaware that the DHS as part of its justification for entering Portland labeled dozens of incidents of graffiti as "violent anachists."
Graffiti and burning down buildings.

BTW, the destruction of federal property is a crime. Why do you support criminal acts?

Old 07-18-2020, 02:11 PM

Quote:
It doesn't matter what protective gear a LEO or agent is wearing, throwing a rock at that person is a crime and an act of violence. And I would tell you it's the wrong tactic to send a small team of anybody into a crowd of hostiles.

You could tell me it was the wrong tactic. But its also a very common tactic used thats taught as part of crowd control. Google something like "los angeles cross-bow techniques". And learn why its used, and why its important to defuse crowds by arresting those causing the issue.

Seriously, if you're going to tell me im wrong at least google it. Here since you dont even try and do the work, let me do it for you:

https://www.policeone.com/crowd-cont...GKHrk7jPugUem/
Quote:

Los Angeles Cross Bow Tactics
The Los Angeles Police Department — no stranger to large disturbances — developed cross bow tactics to enhance classical formations. Commanders give commands and signals and in response, team members held in reserve in a column formation shoot through the line like and arrow from a cross bow to:
1.) Conduct a rescue.
2.) Effect an arrest.
3.) Encircle a group.
4.) Quickly secure ground abandoned by a rioting crowd.
Crossbow is a dynamic technique that, when utilized as a powerful psychological effect on a crowd.

Old 07-18-2020, 02:12 PM

17,302 posts, read 12,245,675 times
Quote:
DHS declared Antifa a domestic terror org. Everywhere they are is a federal jurisdiction.
No they did not. Link?

Even if they did, proof any of these people are “Antifa”?

https://www.rand.org/blog/2020/06/th...anization.html

Old 07-18-2020, 02:12 PM

4,445 posts, read 1,449,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Yep. Totally fair for the rock thrower. Just not for the non-rock thrower nearby.
OK. I'll give you that. Best way to not get caught up in that mess is not to be there. Protest at the ballot box. Quit making your cities sh--holes.

Old 07-18-2020, 02:16 PM

Quote:
OK. I'll give you that. Best way to not get caught up in that mess is not to be there. Protest at the ballot box. Quit making your cities sh--holes.

yuou do know the right to protest is enshrined in our rights? That whole first amendment thing, and the right to gather.

Democracy can be loud and messy. Those making it violent-whether police or crowds, need to face charges for it.

Old 07-18-2020, 02:16 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Along with arson, and destruction of property, i'm sure.
Why are you okay with breaking laws ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies