Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2020, 03:40 PM

866 posts, read 319,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
And there you go. Justifying murdering peaceful protesters just because someone near them threw a rock. Disgusting.
And there you go justifying burning buildings, looting, and violence against innocent people just because someone in the crowd was peaceful.

BTW, did you notice that I specifically said violent protesters?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2020, 03:46 PM

17,302 posts, read 12,245,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXstate0fmind View Post
And there you go justifying burning buildings, looting, and violence against innocent people just because someone in the crowd was peaceful.

BTW, did you notice that I specifically said violent protesters?
“And sort out the bodies later” implies innocents would be hit as well.

Im all for going after the specific people who are being violent. Being next so someone who is being violent does not make you violent.

I also do not think vandalism deserves death. Much less being next to someone committing vandalism.

Old 07-18-2020, 03:52 PM

315 posts, read 116,314 times
Quote:
“And sort out the bodies later” implies innocents would be hit as well.

Im all for going after the specific people who are being violent. Being next so someone who is being violent does not make you violent.

I also do not think vandalism deserves death. Much less being next to someone committing vandalism.

LOL, you sound incredibly naive.

And yes, being present at the scene of a riot after a dispersal order was given would make you complicit as well. Any non media should be subject to arrest at that point. That is the nature of the beast. Stop f*cking rioting.

Old 07-18-2020, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruityfred11 View Post
LOL, you sound incredibly naive.

And yes, being present at the scene of a riot after a dispersal order was given would make you complicit as well. Any non media should be subject to arrest at that point. That is the nature of the beast. Stop f*cking rioting.
So if the police made a blanket order for everyone to turn in their guns would you comply? Such an order violates the 1st just as much as that violates the 2nd. Dispersal orders require specific conditions and a threat to public safety. They must include notification to the crowd of an unobstructed path out and be given reasonable time to disperse.

Police have also been going after the press, another violation of the 1st.

All you people saying the 2nd exists to prevent a tyrannical government stomping on the Constitution, here it is.

Protesters and rioters do not deserve the same treatment.

Old 07-18-2020, 04:15 PM

I am someone who enjoys spending nights patronizing Portland and it makes me sick to see the destruction and boarded up businesses around the justice center. Covid is already causing the death of some places I like to go to and the protests do not help. But I believe in the right of protest and our Constitution more than any of that.

I would no more give up the right to protest than my grandfather’s rifles I inherited after growing up shooting them with him.

Last edited by notnamed; 07-18-2020 at 04:35 PM..

Old 07-18-2020, 04:35 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I have zero to prove to you, and could care less what you think of me. It is disturbing though how twisted your thinking is, and i can't really understand why. Was it the death of George Floyd ? Hate cops ? Hate Trump ? Or just hate the government ? You've already proven you have no problem with laws being broken, vandalism, rioting , and hurting of innocent people. Just curious, why ?
No. I'm hyper vigilant against your types bc you've sold yourselves as protectors of the foundations that make America great, and idiots end up buying into it, like there's actually people who are objective about rights and freedoms.

In actuality, you guys are closet statists of the highest order bc you don't actually believe in rights. You believe in having power, like those elitists twits who think rules don't apply to them. You get mad about other people using the privleges you've claimed for yourself.

Old 07-18-2020, 04:40 PM

315 posts, read 116,314 times
Quote:
So if the police made a blanket order for everyone to turn in their guns would you comply? Such an order violates the 1st just as much as that violates the 2nd. Dispersal orders require specific conditions and a threat to public safety. They must include notification to the crowd of an unobstructed path out and be given reasonable time to disperse.

Police have also been going after the press, another violation of the 1st.

All you people saying the 2nd exists to prevent a tyrannical government stomping on the Constitution, here it is.

Protesters and rioters do not deserve the same treatment.

Your strawman comparison is obviously laughable. The police per the constitution have every right to declare an assembly unlawful. There are no fundamental constitutional rights being trampled by declaring a scene a riot. That has been happening nightly in Portland and it is after that point that these people are being arrested.

These are riots. Period. Stop squinting so hard trying to see a way out of acknowledging that. You're ruining your eyes. There are plenty of anti-police protests in Portland not being met with police force. Guess what the common denominator there is? They aren't rioting.

Last edited by fruityfred11; 07-18-2020 at 04:59 PM..

Old 07-18-2020, 04:43 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Well I figured it was just a matter of time until this government turned to grabbing people off the street as a terror tactic. Now it looks like it has begun... in Portand.

Federal Officers Use Unmarked Vehicles To Grab Protesters Off Portland Streets

So much for the Constitution. Looks like I'll have to be extra careful on my walks now.
If they are about grabbing protestors off the street then why are they leaving some protestors on the street? HMMMMMMMMMM? Use your brain. They have face photos of the ANTIFA thugs who have broken the law and are wanted. Their photos were posted on TWITTER and now they are being arrested when they show up in public and are recognized as the lawbreakers that they are.

Old 07-18-2020, 04:51 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,114,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Its about freakin time!!
Trump 2020 maga!!!
2016 failed to maga eh?

Old 07-18-2020, 04:57 PM

3,836 posts, read 1,786,202 times
I saw this reported first on OPB and its obvious these news stories are trying to push an agenda in blaming officers, homeland security and border patrol for trying to stop the violence and destruction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies