Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2020, 10:44 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I don't believe most of us are scared of 'them'. Those people have always existed. I don't mean the peaceful protesters --- I mean the ones who are showing up and taking advantage -- they are derelicts, criminals and hiding behind the cause but they are always there.

Day to day living has changed very little for most of us.
Avoidance and separation has always been the best policy. The US didn’t want the best policy because it needed servants and profits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2020, 10:49 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,622,010 times
The only hope is the election.

Old 07-19-2020, 10:52 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Law abiding citizens are scared to do anything, because THEY will be the ones arrested. Just look at the gun wielding couple in St. Louis who were protecting their homestead from would-be terrorists. They are the ones in trouble.

Law abiding people are about as scared and nervous as a white cop that's about to arrest a black man in a predominantly black part of town.

The world is twisted and backwards right now, and the left seems to be loving every minute of it.
Yep, you nailed it!

'Law abiding people' will only get involved if the odds are heavily stacked in their favor and there is NO risk of them being arrested or charged with a crime. its absurd to think their patriotism is based on this!

This just goes to show, they are not citizens, but SUBJECTS, and very obedient and compliant subjects at that.

Old 07-19-2020, 10:56 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
What are YOU going to do about it?
Nothing, how about you?

Quote:
How close are we to a push back?
People will vote in November, that is the closest thing to a pushback there will ever be.

Now go back to work, obey the laws, pay your taxes, and pretend like you're better than everyone else.

Old 07-19-2020, 11:00 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times
Quote:
So, a very small minority of people are making the news right now, they represent a very small percentage of the American population. Those people are looking to change America through anarchy and by ripping a tear in the fabric that holds us all together. The media gives this fringe element their 15 minutes of fame. Politicians seem to appease their ideas. These people will burn cities to get noticed.

My question is this, when are the rest of us going to fight back? Are we there yet or still waiting for that last straw? How many old black children need to die before we say enough is enough? How many cops need to be assaulted before we put our feet down and not tolerate this behavior?

Why is Joe Public afraid of these guys? Why when outnumber them 9 to 1 do we remain silent on the sidelines and watch our cops, friends, and cities be destroyed?

Do we just hope this is going to go away on it's own?

What are YOU going to do about it?

How close are we to a push back?
What exactly is the problem you want to confront? I am aware of protests going on in Portland. That's about it. I would let the local officials in Portland deal with that mess however they want.

The rest of the country seems pretty calm right now. But to hear posters on this forum like yourself tell it, the nation is on fire and people are running around raping and pillaging and burning cities to the ground. Sorry; I'm pretty plugged in to current events and I don't see it.

Old 07-19-2020, 11:04 AM

Quote:
.... Joe Public is getting backed into a corner every day.
Can you give me an example? Why do you feel backed into a corner?

Old 07-19-2020, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
The media would like you to believe they’re winning, America will be changed forever or lost. It won’t. They’re sensationalizing it all right now. These morons are going away soon. They’re mostly young stupid kids who get bored easily and have no lives.
You are right. That's why I don't understand why folks, mostly conservatives, on this forum act like their world is on fire.

I disagree that the media is sensationalizing it. Maybe right-wing media is. The only story i saw today was an NYPD officer injured while trying to stop an incident of vandalism. The vandals were trying to deface a Black Lives Matter mural. “Refund the police," the woman screamed. “Jesus matters! We will never support Black Lives Matters!” So at least in this case it doesn't fit the narrative of out of control leftists.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nypd-offi...al-trump-tower

Old 07-19-2020, 11:15 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,622,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephariel View Post
Trump is the president now and he couldn't do anything about it. How would the election change anything?
You're wrong. He's allowing the country and the world to see these animals for what they truly are. An astute tactic for a pivotal election year. The results will be absolutely scrumptious.

Old 07-19-2020, 11:18 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
The only hope is the election.
I expect a tumultuous or turbulent election... I'd say hunker until the spring, after the inauguration.

Old 07-19-2020, 03:03 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,985,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Nothing, how about you?

People will vote in November, that is the closest thing to a pushback there will ever be.

Now go back to work, obey the laws, pay your taxes, and pretend like you're better than everyone else.
There seems to be quite a lot of do nothingers out there...

I work, obey laws, and do better than you already... at least that's my mindset.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies