Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2020, 04:21 PM

17,379 posts, read 13,137,308 times

Advertisements

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/gr...on/5389988002/

Quote:
In a poorly ventilated bar, the COVID-19 virus can accumulate

Tang co-authored an open letter to the World Health Organization urging officials to acknowledge that the virus is transmitted via aerosols. The letter also asks the WHO to focus on improving ventilation and air filtration in public places such as bars.

“Ventilation is the key control point for an airborne virus – and this is already in existing infection control guidance under the CDC's 'Engineering Controls',” Tang says. “Based on multiple studies done by the authors of this paper, we believe that optimizing ventilation is the way to move forward: to remove the virus from the air before people inhale it."

This is a very easy to understand article with pictures that explain why bars (or any enclosed space) is a vector for spread of COVID, or any disease.

Please look at the article before you start to complain

I know that this is a hot issue, that's why I posted it here. Mods, feel free to move it if you deem necessary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2020, 04:28 PM
Status: "I've got a fightin' side a mile wide but I pray for peace" (set 25 days ago)

14,606 posts, read 9,612,713 times
I've raised this question before. In addition.... in Florida, people go "indoors" in summer, outdoors in fall and winter. The lipids of a viruses prefer cool moist environment. The evaporator on an air conditioner, where all that air of a bar moves through... is cool and damp.

Once winter comes up north and people go inside ....

Old 07-17-2020, 04:29 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,078,985 times
Dont need an explanation. As much as I miss going to bars, I remember how crowded they get.

Good luck trying to have a mask in a bar. Especially when enclosed with more than a few people drunk and mingling.

Old 07-17-2020, 04:31 PM

7,078 posts, read 4,690,725 times
Air-conditioning circulates the virus.

Old 07-17-2020, 04:33 PM
Status: "I've got a fightin' side a mile wide but I pray for peace" (set 25 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
IMO... it also 'cultures' the virus.

Old 07-17-2020, 04:33 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,858,975 times
I agree that the reason for the spread. Northerners dont understand that when you live in Texas and Florida, you spend more time inside. I dont think its necessarily bars and restaurants but it could be. My guess is that this will reverse in winter, more spread in the north, less in the south.

Old 07-17-2020, 04:42 PM

5,640 posts, read 5,058,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
The frightened will come up with experts and reasons that everything spreads the virus, and the solution is to comply with directions from tyrannical leaders - wear masks, stay at home, close your businesses, it’s ok to riot, kill Whitey, demand more govt aid, teach your children to be afraid, conservatives are Satan, etc.

Open up and let the cards fall will they may. If you’re frightened, stay home. If you’re not frightened, go back to living. I’ve had enough.

Old 07-17-2020, 04:49 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,078,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
The frightened will come up with experts and reasons that everything spreads the virus, and the solution is to comply with directions from tyrannical leaders - wear masks, stay at home, close your businesses, it’s ok to riot, kill Whitey, demand more govt aid, teach your children to be afraid, conservatives are Satan, etc.

Open up and let the cards fall will they may. If you’re frightened, stay home. If you’re not frightened, go back to living. I’ve had enough.
The same user that makes this post talking about tyranny is totally cool with people getting yanked into unmarked vans with unidentifiable police.

Old 07-17-2020, 04:52 PM

There are certain factors beyond the politics that are true. Hate a mask or wear a mask... this has no direct correlation to what science tells us, it's MOSTLY a choice based on feelings. I happen to prefer what Sweden did. I also wear a mask where/when they're required.

https://www.sciencemag.org/collectio...intcmp=sci_cov

Old 07-17-2020, 05:05 PM

2,962 posts, read 1,147,997 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies