Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2020, 10:41 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,033,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
The study says nothing about the risk or mortality rate of children. It’s statistically zero. The authors of your study concede it “has limitations” so what is your point? Are you claiming that if there is any risk of children transmitting the virus that they shouldn’t go to school? If so that’s quite twisted. Education is essential.

The families I know all know that kids are at very little risk of getting severely ill from Covid, much less dying but they know that if their kids get it, they will bring it home to the family and they don't want to risk the adults getting Covid (especially the ones that live with grandparents in the home). They are "stereotypical" East Asians and deeply value education but they value their family health more and know they can teach their kids at home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2020, 10:43 PM

17,622 posts, read 6,908,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
The families I know all know that kids are at very little risk of getting severely ill from Covid, much less dying but they know that if their kids get it, they will bring it home to the family and they don't want to risk the adults getting Covid (especially the ones that live with grandparents in the home). They are "stereotypical" East Asians and deeply value education but they value their family health more and know they can teach their kids at home.
Well, in this country we value our young people more than our grandparents. At risk people can take the necessary precautions. There is no good reason to ruin the education and development of millions of children. Unless you're a Democrat, of course. Then you want to do it because it might help you win an election.

You people are just disgusting.

Old 07-18-2020, 10:49 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Well, in this country we value our young people more than our grandparents. At risk people can take the necessary precautions. There is no good reason to ruin the education and development of millions of children. Unless you're a Democrat, of course. Then you want to do it because it might help you win an election.

It's disgusting to say you value young people over grandparents. Everyone is at risk with this virus. No one is immuned. Maybe that's the diffenence between the parties. Democrats care while Republicans only care about being re elected.

Old 07-18-2020, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
It's disgusting to say you value young people over grandparents. Everyone is at risk with this virus. No one is immuned. Maybe that's the diffenence between the parties. Democrats care while Republicans only care about being re elected.
No, it isn't. People in their 70s and 80s have lived their lives. Children are just entering their lives. It's sad and typical of people like you that you would ruin the lives of kids to serve a political agenda. Grandparents and parents that care about their kids want them to go to school. Obviously you're not in that group.

Old 07-18-2020, 10:53 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,252,535 times
Quote:
The study says nothing about the risk or mortality rate of children. It’s statistically zero. The authors of your study concede it “has limitations” so what is your point? Are you claiming that if there is any risk of children transmitting the virus that they shouldn’t go to school? If so that’s quite twisted. Education is essential.
You did not read the study carefully. This is major. It’s a game changer.
I don’t want to insult you but do you read scientific medical papers often?

Old 07-18-2020, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephariel View Post
Show me a scientific paper that say children have zero risks. I'll wait.

Not interview with pediatricians. Show me actual research from actual scientists.

BTW,

Show me scientific paper that say global warming is not happening. I'll wait on that too.
If you're capable, go to the CDC or Johns Hopkins website and look at the number of people under 18 who have died. Then do the math. I don't need a study to prove it, it's sitting there in the data. Of course the data is inconvenient to your political agenda so you don't like it.

Old 07-18-2020, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
You did not read the study carefully. This is major. It’s a game changer.
I don’t want to insult you but do you read scientific medical papers often?
That's funny. By the way, you never answered my question. I'll just assume you're another public school teacher that doesn't want to work for her salary.

Old 07-18-2020, 10:56 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,033,877 times
Quote:

These are super socially conservative East Asians. They value education deeply and would rather teach their kids math and science at home than sit in a liberal run public school classroom learning all about BLM and how great they are. They have the grandparents living in the home to teach their kids Chinese and help with childcare so they value both the old and the young.

Old 07-18-2020, 10:58 PM

Quote:
If you're capable, go to the CDC or Johns Hopkins website and look at the number of people under 18 who have died. Then do the math. I don't need a study to prove it, it's sitting there in the data. Of course the data is inconvenient to your political agenda so you don't like it.
I’m on that website all the time. I don’t do the math myself because I don’t have the background in infectious disease. I don’t think you do either. I do however trust the world experts who are doing the studies and sharing the information. You have to trust somebody in all of this.

Old 07-18-2020, 11:00 PM

Quote:
That's funny. By the way, you never answered my question. I'll just assume you're another public school teacher that doesn't want to work for her salary.
What was your question? And no I’m not a teacher but I have taught some adjunct classes in the past.

Eta: I showed you my science now you show me yours.

Last edited by foodyum; 07-18-2020 at 11:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies