Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2020, 10:59 AM

24,630 posts, read 9,454,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Then both nations would have inner disagreements with how far left they wanna go, then split into 2 parties again...
You would also have the poor liberals asking for more handouts while committing crime and the rich liberals scoffing. The police would be defunded in the liberal nation so good luck with the looting and robbing.

The liberal nation would turn to anarchy over night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2020, 11:07 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I'm finding it increasingly difficult to live in a country where rioters are excused, racists are celebrated if they happen to be racist against white people, white people are vilified for things that some of their ancestors did, and the culture and traditions that typified this country for so long are being torn down along with the statues that embody the heroes of old.

I would like to see the Left defeated, preferably by the force of reason. But this seems like an increasingly forlorn hope. So yes, I would rather split the country up than have to live under their thumb. As to how to split it, I don't know. No matter how it was done, millions of people would have to uproot themselves from their homes and move somewhere else.

Maybe it should be split three ways, so we could have a liberal country, a moderate country, and a conservative country. The obvious natural barriers between these three countries would be the Rocky Mountains and the Mississippi River. Each new country would draft up its constitution, and put it out there so that everyone can learn just what they could expect as a citizen of each place. Then everyone would be given some length of time (a year? two years?) to either stay where they are or move to a country more to their liking. After that, one can move only if the receiving country would allow them in.
How old are you? 5? I wont repost the LONG list of protest and riots in our country for equality... you can see the link... some just like to live in denial-

Civil rights movement: 1955–1973

Post-Civil Rights Era: 1974–1989

Since 1990

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_r..._United_States

Old 07-19-2020, 11:10 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times
I would prefer to take the extremists from both sides, drop them on an island, and let them fight it out.

Old 07-19-2020, 11:11 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Sounds good to me! We'd finally live in a peaceful society.
No - somehow the blonds would find fault with the brown hairs, and the REDs would return to Viking status and ravage the land for power and the RICH would build WALLS and make slaves of the rest... The start of the modern world was all white... how that work out?

Old 07-19-2020, 11:14 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Then both nations would have inner disagreements with how far left they wanna go, then split into 2 parties again...
My first thought is the left and right nation would be entangled in a never ending war because the left would always have a beef, claiming unfairness and want more land, power over the right etc..

Old 07-19-2020, 11:17 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,392,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew_MI View Post
Tell that to Atlanta. Black mayor, black police chief, black DA, black police force, mostly black city, black president for 8 years, wealthy black athletes. And they still believe today they’re facing systemic racism. Maybe decades ago. Not today, not systemic. More like pockets of it here and there, black and white.
What they're facing is a systematic lack of civility and prosperity and the growing attacks on whites isn't going to help them any.

Old 07-19-2020, 11:17 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
It would be a HUGE failure of the social experiment of democracy to divide the USA........in anyway
Not to mention what it would ultimately do to world stability with parties all over the planet drawing new lines on the ground. Perhaps not all changes being a bad outcome but, you can bet the farm the many bad actors would take full advantage with the subsequent loss of life being enormous.

Atlas shrugged.

Old 07-19-2020, 11:19 AM

2,770 posts, read 2,604,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I hate this country more than anyone else on this forum
Then leave. Theres too many hateful ingrates here already

Old 07-19-2020, 11:46 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Where in the OP's message did you see anything about dividing the country along racial lines? The OP is asking about dividing along political, social, and spiritual lines. Under such a scenario, Latinos, Asians, and Middle Easterners would be able to choose their preferred country according to their political, social, and spiritual views, just like black and white people could.
Exactly, why do these liberals turn everything into a racial issue? As you said the OP said nothing about race but dividing people along political lines so that each side of the line lives in peace.

Old 07-19-2020, 12:24 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
How old are you? 5? I wont repost the LONG list of protest and riots in our country for equality... you can see the link... some just like to live in denial-

Civil rights movement: 1955–1973

Post-Civil Rights Era: 1974–1989

Since 1990

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_r..._United_States
I addressed this very issue here:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...l#post58683653

As for your initial question, I'm old enough to have personal memory of the riots going back at least as far as 1980. Not a single one of those riots since then were about advancing equality. They were about venting rage, and harming white people, and getting free stuff from the stores they looted. Every single one of them. Sure, they started out as protests against what they saw as police brutality. (Against criminals resisting arrest, but they always omit that part.) But then they devolved into riots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies