Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2020, 03:22 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,765,236 times

Advertisements

God help us if this lunatic gets elected!

Quote:

As part of a massive new $2 trillion climate plan unveiled Tuesday, presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden promised to shift America away from gas-powered vehicles through executive action on the first day of his presidency.
https://www.theblaze.com/news/biden-...s-powered-cars

Old 07-18-2020, 03:35 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post

Hmmmm............... I wonder how people get food, clothing, and essential products delivered to them?

Going back to "hunter gatherer" pre-civilization existence?

Perhaps a demented president would have its drawbacks that libs have not thought through?

Old 07-18-2020, 03:59 PM

14,762 posts, read 8,093,254 times
...I am sure he will do that, just like Obama took away all your guns.

Old 07-18-2020, 04:03 PM

7,352 posts, read 6,521,770 times
So why didn't he do that when he was a senator for 40 years? Or when he was VP?

Old 07-18-2020, 04:13 PM

37,170 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Electric cars have been around since the end of the 19th century. I would imagine a lot of buggy and wagon manufacturers, farriers, livery stables, saddle and buggy whip makers, and wheelwrights wrung their hands for a while when the internal combustion engine came along.

There were literally hundreds of idiotic laws enacted by politicians who were being greased by the horsey trade to discourage drivers from operating their vehicles, such as "all automobiles in the city limits must have a horse attached", "When approaching an intersection, the driver must get out of the vehicle and wave a red lantern before crossing", and other such lunacy. There were "scientists" who were paid to warn that the human body could not survive travelling at a speed greater than 35 miles an hour (disproven when a locomotive exceeded that speed shortly after).

None of the BS worked then, and it won't work this time. Electric vehicles have far fewer moving parts that a petroleum burner, they are quieter, they don't pollute except incidentally, and they are becoming more viable every day with the installation of charging stations almost everywhere in the country. A charge, BTW, which is good for 100-150 miles, costs only a few cents, a fraction of the cost of a comparable gas engine. Americans are ready, willing, and able to embrace the new technology, which is renewable and doesn't entangle the country in international intrigue and wars to try to maintain a supply.

Uncle Joe has his finger on the pulse of America. We need to get him elected pronto so he can get to work turning the country green.

Old 07-18-2020, 04:20 PM

256 posts, read 87,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post

I cannot believe that you believe the garbage posted by a far right wing group founded by Glenn Beck!!!!
Are the words Trump supporter synonymous with gullible? You believe every piece of garbage that these publications post.

Old 07-18-2020, 04:22 PM

2,400 posts, read 754,330 times
Sounds awesome for us in cold weather states. I wonder how those things work when it’s -25 degrees F

Old 07-18-2020, 04:25 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,704,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Electric cars have been around since the end of the 19th century. I would imagine a lot of buggy and wagon manufacturers, farriers, livery stables, saddle and buggy whip makers, and wheelwrights wrung their hands for a while when the internal combustion engine came along.

There were literally hundreds of idiotic laws enacted by politicians who were being greased by the horsey trade to discourage drivers from operating their vehicles, such as "all automobiles in the city limits must have a horse attached", "When approaching an intersection, the driver must get out of the vehicle and wave a red lantern before crossing", and other such lunacy. There were "scientists" who were paid to warn that the human body could not survive travelling at a speed greater than 35 miles an hour (disproven when a locomotive exceeded that speed shortly after).

None of the BS worked then, and it won't work this time. Electric vehicles have far fewer moving parts that a petroleum burner, they are quieter, they don't pollute except incidentally, and they are becoming more viable every day with the installation of charging stations almost everywhere in the country. A charge, BTW, which is good for 100-150 miles, costs only a few cents, a fraction of the cost of a comparable gas engine. Americans are ready, willing, and able to embrace the new technology, which is renewable and doesn't entangle the country in international intrigue and wars to try to maintain a supply.

Uncle Joe has his finger on the pulse of America. We need to get him elected pronto so he can get to work turning the country green.
I’m guessing you’ve never seen a lithium mine.

Old 07-18-2020, 04:27 PM

30,395 posts, read 21,215,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
So why didn't he do that when he was a senator for 40 years? Or when he was VP?
He is a total loon on the moon.

Old 07-18-2020, 04:34 PM

29,795 posts, read 24,880,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaefer687 View Post
I cannot believe that you believe the garbage posted by a far right wing group founded by Glenn Beck!!!!
Are the words Trump supporter synonymous with gullible? You believe every piece of garbage that these publications post.
Glenn Beck spent at least a few years on CNN, and then transitioned to FOX News. He may have been on MSNBC for awhile, but I'm not sure about that. Either way, he is not some kind of fringe far right radical. He was a tea party republican, back when that was a big.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-19-2020 at 05:16 AM.. Reason: deleted quoted post and reply
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies