Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2020, 11:22 PM

35,382 posts, read 20,762,276 times

Advertisements

hmm what I said, arrogant and selfish but I’ll now add ignorant as well.

Woman Allegedly Urinated in Middle of Verizon Store After Refusing to Wear Mask

https://amp.www.complex.com/life/202...t-wearing-mask

Old 07-19-2020, 06:17 AM
Status: "A solution in search of a problem" (set 22 days ago)

34,546 posts, read 16,622,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDM66 View Post
That mask looks like a jockstrap, so it's probably appropriate that a bunch of dicks like the anti-maskers should wear it.

Yesterday there an 8-hour long city council meeting in Branson, MO, over their proposed mask ordnance. It brought the loons out of the woodwork to cry and whine about masks. One guy told the city councilmen: "You can't get most of these people to pull up their britches while at Wal-Mart, so how in the hell are you gonna get them to wear a mask?" That pretty much says it all....
Does that define "covidiot"?

Old 07-19-2020, 06:51 AM

26,941 posts, read 13,180,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
The face of this reporter!

https://twitter.com/ShugahBean/statu...17610665168896

Let's all go out and buy mask! God bless America!!
The law stipulated in most countries that face masks should be at least three layers thick as advised by the WHO.

Also shops are private premises and can refuse service or ban someone who doesn't comply with their own guidance, and public transport has similar powers.

Old 07-19-2020, 10:52 AM

1,485 posts, read 948,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
This is why people need to be anti-State.

Frank and I disagree on personal mask choice.

If he comes over my house he has to put one on or leave. If I go over his house I have to take mine off or leave.

I can tell others Frank doesn't like masks. He can tell other I like masks.

Private property rights upheld, no violence, and capitalism will let the chips fall where they may.

So, who else is with us?

I like your proposal. Personal choice reigns supreme.

That being said, it is impossible that these mask ordinances can be about the virus. Fines of $300, 1 year in prison...

The mask sanctions are about control. If the state can come up with a good enough reason to make us dumb humans to do something even more wild, let’s say... eat each other (cannibalism), they have this successful test run with the masks to look back on.

No one is standing up to this garbage. What will be next? Forced vaccination? Forced implanted microchips?

Home confinement like you’re a criminal even though you’ve committed no crimes?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/kentucky-...tine-documents

Do you think The Control System will stop at masks?

Old 07-20-2020, 01:02 AM

13,580 posts, read 9,606,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkstar71 View Post
No one is standing up to this garbage. What will be next? Forced vaccination? Forced implanted microchips?

Home confinement like you’re a criminal even though you’ve committed no crimes?
Plenty of people are "standing up", but their efforts are episodic, isolated, and rarely productive. There is simply an overwhelming torrent of fear... a gnawing, debilitating fear, that allows the vast majority to accept whatever is imposed, and further, to excoriate all stragglers as being anti-social and selfish idiots. Those who "stand up" are called snowflakes, covidiots, or any other moniker of derision. There's talk of precisely the sort of escalation that you cite, as being not merely some unfortunate necessity in dire times, but as the decent and reasonable precaution taken by a civilized people against a few bad apples.

Elsewhere there's eager talk of taking this coronavirus situation as a catalyst for permanent social change, as an opportunity not to be wasted.

What is to be done? Protest? Of what kind? By whom? Where?

We need charismatic leadership, to unite the otherwise disparate interests and individuals who oppose the shutdowns and restrictions. Such leadership can't be self-serving. It has to level with the public. Nearly all of us will get the virus. Millions will die, in some cases in the prime of life. This is inevitable, can it is folly to pretend that it can be avoided. But who wants to hear such bad news? And who is willing to pronounce it?

Old 07-20-2020, 07:05 AM

45,034 posts, read 26,189,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
hmm what I said, arrogant and selfish but I’ll now add ignorant as well.

Woman Allegedly Urinated in Middle of Verizon Store After Refusing to Wear Mask

https://amp.www.complex.com/life/202...t-wearing-mask
Its a toss up between BLM and Covid-19 which has given people more license for rudeness, denigration of others and all around destructive behavior
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.