Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2020, 10:41 PM

680 posts, read 534,340 times

Advertisements

Virus isn’t going away anytime soon, we have to live with it. Put a mask on, and deal with it everyone. Refuse to live my life in constant fear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2020, 10:45 PM

3,697 posts, read 4,996,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew_MI View Post
Virus isn’t going away anytime soon, we have to live with it. Put a mask on, and deal with it everyone. Refuse to live my life in constant fear.
That is a start and how we will deal with it. We will find ways to work in ways that don't provide easy ways for the disease to spread instead of denying that it exists or minimizing it's impact.

Old 07-18-2020, 10:51 PM

680 posts, read 534,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chirack View Post
That is a start and how we will deal with it. We will find ways to work in ways that don't provide easy ways for the disease to spread instead of denying that it exists or minimizing it's impact.
I definitely know it exists, I’m around it everyday working in the ER. Honestly has been the easiest year of my career. March and April were empty everyday almost. Fear kept people away. Had to use vacation time to make up for lost hours. Hoping for the best, planning for the worst, but not as fearful anymore.

Old 07-18-2020, 10:56 PM

3,697 posts, read 4,996,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
There werent severe illnesses and premature deaths prior to covid-19?
Gee where have I been?
There were less of them and there are THING we can do about COVID as a society.

Old 07-18-2020, 11:01 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Thousands have tested asymptomatic positive and are still healthy. Are these babies dead?

Old 07-18-2020, 11:32 PM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Thousands have tested asymptomatic positive and are still healthy. Are these babies dead?
There’s a reason they were tested or it was announced publicly. That’s a lot of kids in one hospital??

Old 07-18-2020, 11:49 PM

303 posts, read 111,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew_MI View Post
Your mask is a religion.

Old 07-18-2020, 11:52 PM

17,402 posts, read 14,631,586 times
What a bunch of bull and poor reporting.

I started digging deeper and found that the 85 is a cumulative number from when testing started til now.

There was no dramatic surge of babies suddenly testing positive.

And some wonder why no one trusts the media any more.

Old 07-19-2020, 12:30 AM

11,460 posts, read 5,980,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
https://people.com/health/85-infants...ook.com&utm_te

85 Infants Tested Positive for Coronavirus in Texas: They 'Have Not Even Had Their First Birthday Yet'

Texas’ Nueces County, where Corpus Christi is located, has reported that 85 infants under the age of 1 have tested positive for the novel coronavirus, health officials said.

"We currently have 85 babies under the age of one year in Nueces County that have all tested positive for Covid-19," said Annette Rodriguez, director of public health for Corpus Christi Nueces County, according to CNN.

"These babies have not even had their first birthday yet,” Rodriguez added. “Please help us stop the spread of this disease."

Texas has become a new hotspot for coronavirus cases, reporting a record of 15,038 new cases on July 16 alone, according to data from The New York
How many died?

If the number is zero, then what is the problem?

Old 07-19-2020, 12:35 AM

11,460 posts, read 5,980,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
What a bunch of bull and poor reporting.

I started digging deeper and found that the 85 is a cumulative number from when testing started til now.

There was no dramatic surge of babies suddenly testing positive.

And some wonder why no one trusts the media any more.
Nice catch. The implication was a surge of 85 infants suddenly contracting Covid 19.

The mainstream media is going out of its way to make Covid-19 seem like the Black Death rather than just a bad pneumonia that tends to be high risk for the elderly, fat, hypertense, etc. and VERY low risk for the young and healthy. Lower risk than influenza among the young and healthy.

But no, don't you dare open up the grammar and junior high schools.

I don't know the mainstream media's end game unless it is the November national election, otherwise I don't know why they have a full court press trying to shut down the economy and vastly over-state the risk of Covid 19.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies