Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2020, 04:19 PM

13,570 posts, read 10,266,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
Real heros are the ones who rip down the rioters idols.
Well, considering that the Confederates and the KKK Jim Crow people were dedicated to terrorizing black people, and destroying black people's homes and livelihoods - I'm glad that we agree that we should remove such symbols of white supremacy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2020, 04:37 PM

8,058 posts, read 3,906,580 times
Bevelyn knows how to do civil disobedience the right way!

Old 07-19-2020, 04:52 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,772,703 times
As we move further away from the George Floyd murder, the protests seem to be more white people and fewer black people. And more black people, like Bevelyn, calling out the hypocrisy.

The white Antifa types are using black people as a means to their ends. Do they not get the irony? All their talk about privilege-- it takes an awful lot of privilege to steal a movement. And then to take away police from people who need them? It's disgusting.

I think that is why people are mad at the mural---it's a cynical stupid token. I wish they would find another way to express it besides vandalism though. Bevelyn could start a "Take Back Your Country" movement of her own.

Old 07-19-2020, 05:13 PM

2,239 posts, read 1,377,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
So vandals on the left are terrorists, on the right they’re hero’s... interesting...
That is correct. Free speech and all.

Old 07-19-2020, 05:20 PM

2,008 posts, read 858,467 times
Maybe Beverly is campaigning again.

https://waldo.villagesoup.com/p/beat...7-race/1777692

https://ballotpedia.org/Bevelyn_Beatty

Or maybe auditioning for a cameo in a drumpf photo op.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Does she have a gofundme page yet?

As soon as I retire I’m partnering with a black friend. I’ll give him hell while he films me and we will split the proceeds from his gofundme page.

https://theconservativeopinion.com/g...al-exceeds-6k/

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
You know they’re desperate when they’re comparing BLM to nazis.

She’s a criminal. Get over it.

https://mugshots.com/US-States/North...y.4863313.html

Old 07-19-2020, 05:27 PM

22,270 posts, read 11,763,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
By that very action, I can easily call people who rip down Confederate statues heroes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Well, considering that the Confederates and the KKK Jim Crow people were dedicated to terrorizing black people, and destroying black people's homes and livelihoods - I'm glad that we agree that we should remove such symbols of white supremacy.
So...Questions for both of you:

1) How old were you when you noticed confederate statues existed?

2) Were there any in the state where you resided?

3) When you became aware of these statues, did you make a fuss about it? If so, did you get in touch with your local elected officials and demand that those statues be taken down? Did you attempt to find like minded people to form a group to petition for their removal?

4) Or did you either never see any such statues in your area or did you see them and didn't care until the rioting vandals destroyed them?

Old 07-19-2020, 05:29 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,660,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew_MI View Post
It’s not a sign, it’s hate speech. BLM burns, loots, and murders. No better than painting a Nazi symbols on 5th Avenue. Black lives matter but that organization is deeply flawed to the core.

Beautifully Spoken! So many Democrats defend these terrorists. We need to band together to get rid of ALL of the BLM and the nutcases that support them!

Old 07-19-2020, 05:37 PM

6,403 posts, read 7,600,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Once again you are confused.

Jealousy is such an ugly emotion which is fueling remarks like that. You really should read American History to learn about the great leadership we have provided the world in science, health, mathamatics, space, the arts and much more. Maybe you could also read statistics as that will speak volumes about who terrorizes decent people who work every day and pay their taxes. Some people just can't build anything, but wonder why when they tear down what others build, no one wants to associate with their violence.

Can't wait to see whether you can answer BOS2IAD's questions.

Happy reading!

Old 07-19-2020, 06:10 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,660,444 times
The “mural” has been “defaced,” but statues, businesses, streets, and police cars being sprayed with ridiculous slogans and hate . . . silence.

Old 07-19-2020, 06:18 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,777,506 times
I guess not all black people support BLM. No statues - no painting the damn road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies