Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2020, 07:19 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Fair.

Any anyone who supports the KKK are racists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2020, 07:23 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,704,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Too bad. Some of the retail clerks act as if they are doing us a favor. I was trying to buy something I selected, and was standing in front of the cashier as she continued to blab, blab, blab about her date to a friend on the phone. When I said, "excuse me, I'd like to pay for this," Her Highness rolled her eyes at me, and said to her friend, showing her annoyance, "I have to hang up. I have a CUSTOMER (emphasis to show irritation) I have to wait on."

I bet she called me a Karen behind my back, too.
As a retail manager, I would have fired the cashier on the spot. Also, you would not be a "Karen" in that situation. The term, as it originated, is for women who complain about ridiculous things such as being unable to break a $100 bill at 5 am for a pack of gum. And yes, I have been approached by Karens for that very issue.

Old 07-24-2020, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Or a real estate sign, or a "co-exist" sign, or a NASCAR sign, or.....

If the CC&Rs say no signs in your yard that means no signs in your yard.

That's just commonsensical, but we live in the age where bullying tactics from the leftist mob have ruled out common sense. I mean, all you need is a mob of leftist bullies and you can take over portions of a city and create your own little exclusion zone.

Old 07-24-2020, 07:26 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Huh?

Old 07-24-2020, 07:27 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
That's just commonsensical, but we live in the age where bullying tactics from the leftist mob have ruled out common sense. I mean, all you need is a mob of leftist bullies and you can take over portions of a city and create your own little exclusion zone.
Is it accurate that other signage was allowed in the neighborhood, however?

If so, that's a horse of a different color (pun intended).

Old 07-24-2020, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
As a retail manager, I would have fired the cashier on the spot. Also, you would not be a "Karen" in that situation. The term, as it originated, is for women who complain about ridiculous things such as being unable to break a $100 bill at 5 am for a pack of gum. And yes, I have been approached by Karens for that very issue.

Well, the term is slowly becoming a way to identify any white person either acting in a way the left disagrees with, or voices a different viewpoint with any issue with the left.

Old 07-24-2020, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Is it accurate that other signage was allowed in the neighborhood, however?

If so, that's a horse of a different color (pun intended).
Like FREE HONG KONG? Can they put up that sign?

Old 07-24-2020, 07:34 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,497,447 times
Quote:
The difference is, I don't know a soul who supports the KKK (or if they do, they keep their mouth shut). On the other hand, we have hundreds of thousands marching in support of the racist BLM, and Democrat leaders honoring them.

Old 07-24-2020, 07:34 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,549,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Right, it's not all white women, not even all annoying white women.

Old 07-24-2020, 07:37 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,497,447 times
Quote:
Well, the term is slowly becoming a way to identify any white person either acting in a way the left disagrees with, or voices a different viewpoint with any issue with the left.
Definitely. It definitely implies "white." Just like when that leftist mayor of Chicago referred to the president's press secretary as "Karen." She knew her name. I say that Kaleigh, when referring to Lori Lightfoot, should just call her "LaTesha".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies