Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2020, 02:27 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
No, they're not. And this kind of bogus argument is not helpful.
Actually they are a violation of the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 9th, & 14th Amendments.
Government SERVANTS have got to the point of power, they think their MASTERS, are now their property.
In many cases, a violation of the ADA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2020, 02:28 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
https://www.youtube.com/post/Ugz8mKCVqnH179mgDqF4AaABCQ

Yep

Old 07-19-2020, 02:39 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Reports of ankle monitoring go back to at least early April In Ky:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/03/us/ke...rnd/index.html

Most states do not require Covid positive people to sign anything.

Sad that this is what is required for some to take responsibility and self quarantine.

Imagine the outcome if a WH employee tested positive and refused to self quarantine.

Unlike the general public, those who have or may be in the physical proximity of Trump are tested daily.

Old 07-19-2020, 02:42 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Remember. It all started with "simple precautions" to keep people safe. Now people are being placed under house arrest that have broken no laws. Why do people keep tolerating this ever-increasing, authoritarian crap?

Couple under house arrest after testing positive for COVID-19
I have to wonder-why the focus on this by LE? We don't even arrest people known to be HIV positive when they go out and have unprotected sex and don't notify their partner. AIDS is a far bigger issue than the Chinabug if you have it-that SHOULD be attempted murder.

Old 07-19-2020, 02:42 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Actually they are a violation of the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 9th, & 14th Amendments.
Government SERVANTS have got to the point of power, they think their MASTERS, are now their property.
In many cases, a violation of the ADA.
I can only repeat my previous assessment. What you're neglecting to consider and understand is that many of us (as in....we, the people) strongly support the mask requirement because we don't want your damn germs!

Much as you post a lot of great stuff, BB, the pasture behind your house is full of bridges far too long for any practical use. This is one of them.

Old 07-19-2020, 02:50 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I have to wonder-why the focus on this by LE? We don't even arrest people known to be HIV positive when they go out and have unprotected sex and don't notify their partner. AIDS is a far bigger issue than the Chinabug if you have it-that SHOULD be attempted murder.
PC protection makes a world of difference, doesn't it?

Old 07-19-2020, 02:56 PM

7,097 posts, read 4,531,425 times
They are idiots that refuse to do the right thing. Most of us would agree to stay home until well.

Old 07-19-2020, 02:59 PM

303 posts, read 111,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
They are idiots that refuse to do the right thing. Most of us would agree to stay home until well.
They are well.

Old 07-19-2020, 03:13 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundstar View Post
Mask laws are a violation of the 1st and 4th Amendments to the Constitution. Contact tracing, the 4th.

Medical devices don't go on anybody's face but the neurotic who's concerned about it.
Quote:
No, they're not. And this kind of bogus argument is not helpful.
It violates the First as far as freedom of assembly and association. VIOLATION

It certainly does go against the 4th. Was consent as to her medical condition or what is within her body given freely? VIOLATION

I'd add the 8th as it's cruel and unusual as well. VIOLATION

First it's "mandatory" masking. Then will come mandatory testing, followed by mandatory vaccines and mandatory proof thereof. Into the boxcars, sheep. It's all for the common good.

Quote:
...(as in....we, the people) strongly support the mask requirement because we don't want your damn germs!
Then stay home. Or wear as many masks as you feel are needed to protect yourself.

Old 07-19-2020, 03:15 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
It sounds like you knew of this case before it was posted here and that this gal is known locally to be a uniquely anti-social threat to the community. Assuming that, this is an isolated case where perhaps extreme measures could be justified.

What I'm saying is that going to this extreme - and we had better never lose sight of this being extreme in the United States of America - cannot become anything remotely close to standard procedure for any and all positive COVID tests. Having heard a few other stories like this, I decided weeks ago that I will never undergo a COVID test in any form. Because our government has proven time and time again over the last few months that they cannot be trusted with what they will do with the test result information....that they have no concept of or respect for Constitutional principle. They'll arbitrarily end your freedom and go out for pizza.

I was too young in 1950 to know what they were doing about polio, but COVID isn't polio. This is a bridge too way far. Not to mention just plain ridiculous in this US environment where the virus is already everywhere.
I was too young to even experience polio, my father however was a child during the Fifties outbreak. And at times it included school closures due to outbreaks and quarantines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies