Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2020, 05:55 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Clara.... it's a dumb question. It's a trick to try to get a showman and an optimist to admit he might lose, in the middle of the game. He isn't going to do that. He's not going to give anyone the pleasure of watching him admit defeat 5 months before the election.

I guess he'd rather watch you freak out.

That's all it is though. Your reaction. Not him.

An optimist doesn't whine, nor often think many people are out to get him.

Trump does both of those things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2020, 05:55 PM

8,383 posts, read 4,366,655 times
I'd stand in rain and hail in 20 degree weather to vote this year.

Old 07-19-2020, 05:58 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
I'd stand in rain and hail in 20 degree weather to vote this year.
I agree, I'll be there with bells on.

Old 07-19-2020, 06:00 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Is there nothing of substance that you can use for a new orange man bad diatribe? This one falls rather flat. Trump said he didn’t think he would lose, not that he wouldn’t accept his loss if it happened.

I was thinking about starting a new drinking game based on taking a shot every time someone started a ridiculous Trump bashing thread, but I’m pretty sure everyone who played would die in a day.
No, he didn't say he didn't think he would lose.

He reiterated his statement from 2016, that he may not accept the results of the election if he loses.

I know that's hard to wrap your head around, so people are saying oh well, that's surely not what he meant.

He meant it then, and he means it now.

Old 07-19-2020, 06:17 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,709,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

He reiterated his statement from 2016, that he may not accept the results of the election if he loses.

I know that's hard to wrap your head around, so people are saying oh well, that's surely not what he meant.

Uh huh. Tell you what, if Trump loses the election and refuses to vacate the White House, I’ll be right at the front of those yelling for him to be evicted. He did not, however, say he wouldn’t leave.

I do have a question for you, though. If Bernie loses the election, will you accept that Trump is the lawfully elected President of the United States or will we have to deal with four more years of ridiculous orange man bad posts?

Old 07-19-2020, 06:19 PM

4,031 posts, read 2,715,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Uh huh. Tell you what, if Trump loses the election and refuses to vacate the White House, I’ll be right at the front of those yelling for him to be evicted. He did not, however, say he wouldn’t leave.

I do have a question for you, though. If Bernie loses the election, will you accept that Trump is the lawfully elected President of the United States or will we have to deal with four more years of ridiculous orange man bad posts?
Bernie?

Old 07-19-2020, 07:13 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
Really. Has any other president or presidential candidate openly admitted he might have to be physically removed from the White House if he loses?

I know people who intend to vote for Trump won't see how completely OUTRAGEOUS this attitude is.
https://www.wfla.com/news/politics/t...s6dKsKKWcvkGB0
You know back in 2016 Hillary claimed that she would accept the results. People jumped all over the fat man for being hesitant to accept. The election came and of course the left never accepted the results. Do you see the irony that people on the left are condemning him for basically behaving as they did?

Maybe you should be concerned with the scam perpetrated by the Democratic Party that forced such a lousy choice upon their members. Hillary last time and Biden this time. It's like they want to let Trump win.

Old 07-19-2020, 07:28 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
You know back in 2016 Hillary claimed that she would accept the results. People jumped all over the fat man for being hesitant to accept. The election came and of course the left never accepted the results. Do you see the irony that people on the left are condemning him for basically behaving as they did?

Maybe you should be concerned with the scam perpetrated by the Democratic Party that forced such a lousy choice upon their members. Hillary last time and Biden this time. It's like they want to let Trump win.
I figured it would be fruitless to recount. Let me say not looking the result is different than accepting it. I'm sure we will see Republicans claim that in November.

Old 07-19-2020, 07:31 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,709,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
Bernie?
I could say that they are interchangeable now that Joe has pretty much approved Bernie's platform as his own, but in reality it was a Freudian slip.

Old 07-19-2020, 07:31 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:

And the left made a big deal out of it then, and then promptly refused to accept the election results. So are you holding Trump to a different standard than you are holding the left?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies