Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2020, 05:14 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,588,356 times

Advertisements

Already have to wear a mask at one of my jobs all day.

Old 07-20-2020, 06:01 AM

303 posts, read 111,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Without a link, it didn't happen.
"But in filtering those particles, N95 masks can also make it harder to breathe. Based on literature and confirmed by our measurements, N95 masks are estimated to reduce oxygen intake by anywhere from 5 percent to 20 percent. That’s significant, even for a healthy person. It can cause dizziness and lightheadedness. For healthy people, these side effects are temporary and usually not an issue. But if you are severely ill and are continuously wearing an N95 mask for several hours at a time, it can damage the lungs. For a patient in respiratory distress, it can even be life threatening."
https://news.stanford.edu/2020/04/14...19-face-masks/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
There was a mask tyrant walking around work chastising people if they dared took it down for a minute or two for some fresh air. She was walking around with a BLM pin on her collar.
Your description builds viscerally on just how vital is fresh air. That this is now being routinely denied to workers is a human rights violation and a workplace hazard.

Last edited by Groundstar; 07-20-2020 at 06:09 AM..

Old 07-20-2020, 06:18 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,697,978 times
Why would someone quit if their company says they have to wear a mask? These same people likely support businesses that are ok with other forms of businesses telling employees what they can and cannot do with their own bodies. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, right?

Old 07-20-2020, 06:23 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,929,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueguy58 View Post
For all the Anti-mask warriors would you quit your job if your employer mandated you wear a mask?

Mine has mandated it ever since this thing started.
You mean if my company cared enough about its employees to want to keep them healthy? No i would not quit.

Old 07-20-2020, 06:24 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,178,423 times
I recently started a temp job where everyone still works at home except for me and my boss. We are the only two people in the office. ANd then there are a couple of people back in the warehouse. Thats it in the whole place. We are required to wear masks and wash and stuff but none of us do of course.

And who is going to tell lol. Its just us. Nobody else is there, nobody from Human resource or anything except maybe to check in for a few minutes once every couple of weeks. Sometimes drivers and sales reps come induring the day and most times they are not wearing anything and we dont say anything and nobody cares

Old 07-20-2020, 06:48 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,096,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundstar View Post
"But in filtering those particles, N95 masks can also make it harder to breathe. Based on literature and confirmed by our measurements, N95 masks are estimated to reduce oxygen intake by anywhere from 5 percent to 20 percent. That’s significant, even for a healthy person. It can cause dizziness and lightheadedness. For healthy people, these side effects are temporary and usually not an issue. But if you are severely ill and are continuously wearing an N95 mask for several hours at a time, it can damage the lungs. For a patient in respiratory distress, it can even be life threatening."
Except no one is saying that N95 masks should be required for general population use.

You are also ignoring the following sentence:

Quote:
For healthy people, these side effects are temporary and usually not an issue. But if you are severely ill and are continuously wearing an N95 mask for several hours at a time, it can damage the lungs. For a patient in respiratory distress, it can even be life threatening.

Old 07-20-2020, 06:52 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,780,809 times
My company does require a mask, so obviously not

Old 07-20-2020, 06:53 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,428,739 times
Quote:

Your description builds viscerally on just how vital is fresh air. That this is now being routinely denied to workers is a human rights violation and a workplace hazard.
Hardly anyone is required to wear an N95 mask to work or to enter a store, so using them as an example is not relevant to the thread.

Old 07-20-2020, 06:55 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,780,809 times
Quote:

So you’ll be walking into work this morning and resigning. I mean, if my fundamental human rights were being daily violated, I would. Maybe you can quit and sue for a hostile workplace?

Old 07-20-2020, 01:26 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,174,114 times
Quote:
"But in filtering those particles, N95 masks can also make it harder to breathe.
Too bad we're not talking about N95 masks. Fail.

Quote:
For healthy people, these side effects are temporary and usually not an issue
You missed this part.

Quote:
That this is now being routinely denied to workers is a human rights violation and a workplace hazard.
File a complaint. See how far that gets you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies