Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2020, 11:30 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,901,562 times

Advertisements

as much as this sickens me to see, I guess the fairest thing to do would be to have a vote/referendum on removing the statue; let ALL the people of Chicago vote on this, and if the majority want it taken down, then do it..
but, you can't let a group of 300 sheet arses make decisions for a city of 3 million

and, for god sake, some one slap that lizard faced, brain dead mayor of yours, and tell to stop neutering the police and allow them to not only protect themselves, but put an end to the violent, brain dead losers who are violently attacking police that arent allowed to defend them selves.

As soon as you throw a brick or projectile at a cop, you've given up your "peaceful protestor" status,and become a FELON, and should be treated like one..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2020, 11:41 AM

4,902 posts, read 3,006,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
Here is the full video with police briefing showing this was not a protest but a well planned ambush on the police.

https://www.facebook.com/abc7chicago...85885646028872

I hear the Feds will be here soon, in uniform.

Old 07-20-2020, 12:43 PM

5,014 posts, read 9,424,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
I hear the Feds will be here soon, in uniform.
Yup, and Mayor Lightfoot, to her credit, condemned the violence during the "protest" (i.e. a coordinated attack on police)....

https://www.chicagotribune.com/polit...xcm-story.html

Old 07-20-2020, 12:55 PM

3,208 posts, read 3,510,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestSideMillennial View Post
This past week has had a lot of controversy concerning the statue of Christopher Columbus in Chicago. A few statues recently, especially in the southern states have been removed or vandilized. Should we keep the statue of "the discoverer of America"? Or take down this "racist murderer" monument for good?
Keep the statues. The outrage over Columbus statues and Columbus Day is ridiculous. Columbus died over 500 years ago.

Old 07-20-2020, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRU67 View Post
Yup, and Mayor Lightfoot, to her credit, condemned the violence during the "protest" (i.e. a coordinated attack on police)....

https://www.chicagotribune.com/polit...xcm-story.html
talk is cheap; lets she what she ACTUALLY DOES about it..

Old 07-20-2020, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
as much as this sickens me to see, I guess the fairest thing to do would be to have a vote/referendum on removing the statue; let ALL the people of Chicago vote on this, and if the majority want it taken down, then do it..
but, you can't let a group of 300 sheet arses make decisions for a city of 3 million

and, for god sake, some one slap that lizard faced, brain dead mayor of yours, and tell to stop neutering the police and allow them to not only protect themselves, but put an end to the violent, brain dead losers who are violently attacking police that arent allowed to defend them selves.

As soon as you throw a brick or projectile at a cop, you've given up your "peaceful protestor" status,and become a FELON, and should be treated like one..
The Mayor condemned the so called "protest." And to be fair to her, it looks like it took the PD by surprise. That may be an issue in and of itself (don't we get any intelligence?) but she's no where close to NYC's De Blahbozo or that bonehead Mayor running Seattle.

You might, however, want to pay attention what some of our aldermen said about the riot though. That's where the focus should be - to prevent people like Ald. Byron Sigcho-Lopez (25th Ward), Ald. Daniel "I would tear down that statue with my two hands if I could!" La Spata (1st Ward) (slow your roll and propose an ordinance there buddy), Ald. Jeanette Taylor (30th Ward), Ald. Rossana Rodriguez Sanchez (33rd Ward), and Ald. Carlos Ramirez-Rosa (35th Ward), from growing in number on our City Council.

https://news.wttw.com/2020/07/18/ele...olumbus-statue

https://abc7chicago.com/columbus-sta...olice/6322723/

https://abc7chicago.com/community-ev...-park/6324377/

People were throwing frozen water bottles at our police and trying to rip down public property in a pre-planned ambush and these elected officials are condemning the police. WTAF?

Don't forget to follow what your alderman is doing, and please vote everyone. It is important!

Old 07-20-2020, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Agreed.

Old 07-20-2020, 02:55 PM

61 posts, read 41,918 times
I am scared for the consequences https://chicago.suntimes.com/columni...RV-p17yQA9feH4

Old 07-20-2020, 05:18 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,162,987 times
Quote:
I do not trust her at all and why this sudden change in attitude now!

Old 07-20-2020, 05:20 PM

she probably heard that Trump was getting ready to send the feds in..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies