Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2020, 09:23 AM

25,119 posts, read 16,105,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Nakedness is something that law enforcement officers have to deal with on a regular basis. Naked chick sitting spread eagled in the middle of a street in the chaos of a sh*thole town in WA state ain't nothing but a thing. It certainly doesn't make her special, although some will try to make her special.
oh, many gleefully declared she scared the cops away. More like the PD arrived/shift change and they moved along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2020, 09:26 AM

5,075 posts, read 2,006,623 times
I prefer the Baltimore Mom over the Portland moms. After 5 years, that video had aged well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuHmk2jpVLM

Old 07-21-2020, 09:27 AM

33,507 posts, read 18,020,880 times
Why don't they just put an idiot t-shirt on. Much more appropriate.

Old 07-21-2020, 09:28 AM

28,983 posts, read 14,336,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
I prefer the Baltimore Mom over the Portland moms. After 5 years, that video had aged well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuHmk2jpVLM
If more of these childish little twits had parent's like that, we wouldn't be seeing the huge temper tantrums we are seeing across the country.

Old 07-21-2020, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
IDK why you think that. I would never go to a ***** hat march, but I would get out there and protect people from unconstitutional infringement of their rights.

It's one of the most important rights that a free country has.

Syria is not a free country and yet they still expected more from their government. Police brutality is what caused peaceful protests that were then fired upon, and this was the beginning of a civil war.
obviously, no one seems to have asked the women yet, but you don't think there's a high correlation?

I mean, I hope nobody REALLY believes a lot of these "moms" are out there with THEIR children, do they? And a group of them were out in the middle of it last night at like 3 am.

So, you'd go out there after midnight, among the people violating fences set up the delineate protest zones, and vandalizing buildings, shouting "all cops are bastards"?

Old 07-21-2020, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I guess those buildings are torching themselves? Those windows are breaking themselves? Since it's only a few blocks of destruction, it's all OK? Since it only goes on for four hours a night (going into the 6th week, I believe), it gets a pass?

As for being grabbed off the sidewalk, the women was screaming about an unmarked car. Well, Buttercup, the feds usually have unmarked cars. But if she'd stop her shrieking for a moment, she'd see that the men had badges and "Police" very visible on their bodies. Her academy-award-winning performance aside, without the entire interaction, there's no way to tell what was happening.

I just read the report about the alleged "snatching". The article in USA Today is full of words like "seemingly", "reportedly" and "did not see" identifying markers on the men detaining them. I don't believe any of what the rioters are saying for an instant. They have an agenda, and it's in their best interest to spread the rumor of folks being snatched off the street for no reason, after a pleasant evening of just "peacefully protesting".

The people that are actually defending these terrorists are disgusting. And to think that it's all OK to torch federal property, and trap officers inside, is truly evil.
not just trap officers - there apparently are alleged criminals being detained in there (ie, a jail).

Old 07-21-2020, 10:19 AM

10,017 posts, read 9,450,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Why don't they just put an idiot t-shirt on. Much more appropriate.
Exactly. But kind of redundant.

Last edited by VLWH; 07-21-2020 at 11:04 AM..

Old 07-21-2020, 11:00 AM

16,307 posts, read 8,398,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Moms actually get stuff done. Everyone knows that. The more people we can get on board with black lives matter the better. Times are changing for the better.
Yes Moms can get things done. That said, a bunch of "Moms" are not going to be able to stop anarchists intent on fomenting racial animosity, all in an effort to provide cover for their intent to tear down our capitalist based republic.
The Black Bloc and other similar groups have tried to create mayhem for years, but when they march alone, they are stopped.
Now they use legitimate protesters as cover/camouflage to do their evil deeds. The sad thing of course is that the protesters are allowing them to do so.
So if the masses allow them to operate within their ranks, how are X amount of "Moms" going to stop them?

As to support of the BLM, you do realize this all started with yet another false claim of racism, just like Ferguson "Hands Up Don't Shoot".
Thus the case of George Floyd was in fact a abuse of power by 2 white and 2 minority cops. But it was not racial.
It was police brutality, plain and simple.
Yet the leftist media played it up as racial, despite no evidence of such initially or almost 2 months later.

Lastly, you claim that things are changing for the better. Are you blind?
Race relations are worse now than at any time in my lifetime or our parents.
Scores of kids are being raised to have racial chips on their shoulders, and the media egging them on.
This despite the fact black people have it better today than at any time in our nations history.
That combined with ignorant youth running around protesting based on a false narrative, and destroying things is hardly "changing for the better".

Where do you see this "change for the better" leading to?

`

Old 07-21-2020, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
The protests are largely peaceful. But if you really think Trump is sending in men in green military fatigues with no clear agency affiliation or identification, grabbing (kidnapping) anti-racist protesters and tossing them in unmarked SUV's because he's really interested in a few million in property damage, you are as gullible as Trump wants you to be -- a patsy.

I don't know if this happens in Venezuela or Hong Kong but this sounds a lot like what happened in the Nazi Germany regime. Dissenters were hauled off and sent to "work" camps and given productive work to do. The US spent a lot of money and lives defeating Fascism in Europe in WWII. If these protesters are against Fascism, then count me in.
you're either willfully ignorant or intentionally spreading the false accounts.

First and foremost, the rioting - that is, damage and assaults - at Federal property in Portland occurred BEFORE the Federal LEO's were sent in. Feel free to google, I've posted it already.

Secondly, there are ample photos of their uniform identifying them as police, of having the agency they're affiliated with on a patch, and some personally identifying mark (I've seen initials, and I've seen short "serial numbers"). You've heard of doxxing?

Third, they are using unidentified cars which often happens in "busts", but moeso keeps the ioting protestors from attacking the vehicles and officers in them. Have you seen any photos the last 60 days of cop cars burned, bashed, destroyed, encircled and detained by assaulting protestors?

Lastly, they are executing arrests on the rioters - those who are causing damage. They are not out there rounding up rule-following constitutional peaceful protestors. If they were, there would be hundreds of arrests if their mission was to quell "lawful dissent". If they were, we would have numerous stories about how someone was grabbed off the street that was just protesting. Where are these stories?

Old 07-21-2020, 11:38 AM

28,983 posts, read 14,336,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
you're either willfully ignorant or intentionally spreading the false accounts.

First and foremost, the rioting - that is, damage and assaults - at Federal property in Portland occurred BEFORE the Federal LEO's were sent in. Feel free to google, I've posted it already.

Secondly, there are ample photos of their uniform identifying them as police, of having the agency they're affiliated with on a patch, and some personally identifying mark (I've seen initials, and I've seen short "serial numbers"). You've heard of doxxing?

Third, they are using unidentified cars which often happens in "busts", but moeso keeps the ioting protestors from attacking the vehicles and officers in them. Have you seen any photos the last 60 days of cop cars burned, bashed, destroyed, encircled and detained by assaulting protestors?

Lastly, they are executing arrests on the rioters - those who are causing damage. They are not out there rounding up rule-following constitutional peaceful protestors. If they were, there would be hundreds of arrests if their mission was to quell "lawful dissent". If they were, we would have numerous stories about how someone was grabbed off the street that was just protesting. Where are these stories?
It's just so much easier and fun to blame it all on Trump and his stormtroopers kidnapping love filled peaceful protesters, it makes a better story to try and spread the hate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies