Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2020, 10:39 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,397,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
The deployment of these feds has upset a whole new class of people who are coming out to protest.
Is "someone is upset" supposed to stop law enforcement from stopping violent ideological terrorists who attack cops and federal buildings, and make urban areas unliveable for normal people?

Think again. Those new "protestors" would be best advised to remain peaceful and away from the terrorists / rioters. Otherwise, off they go and deservedly so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2020, 10:40 AM

20,330 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm interested to see how this will play out. From where I sit, this has the genius of Solomon.

What self-respecting rioter wants the visual of him rioting while he's being protected by a group of moms?
What kind of mother would protect a rioter who's vandalizing and looting?

Some ratchet or white trash who raised them to be that way?

My mother would have beat the s**t out me and turned me over to the police.

My wife would have done the same if, for reasons only known to God, our son had decided to become a thug.

Old 07-20-2020, 10:41 AM

23,563 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Where in the Constitution does it say that people have the right to riot? That people have the right to try to burn down a building that has people in it?

https://twitter.com/ShelbyTalcott/st...33909223587840

Old 07-20-2020, 10:47 AM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
Same old my baby didn't do nothing. Bunch of freaking losers.

Old 07-20-2020, 10:50 AM

3,307 posts, read 1,218,731 times
Oh believe me, the moms will leave once the rioting starts. They will make a nice photo cameo and may be used for antifa propaganda. It’s just like the people who use kids as human shields when sh*t goes down to gain sympathy and support. They can use the moms there to further create the victim narrative, while the hand you don’t see is punching you in the back of the head. Clever move.

There is one option though. I know sending in federal police has been controversial. One could withdraw the federal police. Leave it up to the state and local government to restore order, but withdraw any federal funds that they may seek after the destruction. You don’t want the federal government to restore order after you have abdicated your duty to maintain order in your city, then no federal funds for you during the fallout.

I’ve tried to remain sympathetic to this movement, but it has been hijacked by radicals.

Old 07-20-2020, 10:52 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
Oh believe me, the moms will leave once the rioting starts. They will make a nice photo cameo and may be used for antifa propaganda. It’s just like the people who use kids as human shields when sh*t goes down to gain sympathy and support. They can use the moms there to further create the victim narrative, while the hand you don’t see is punching you in the back of the head. Clever move.

There is one option though. I know sending in federal police has been controversial. One could withdraw the federal police. Leave it up to the state and local government to restore order, but withdraw any federal funds that they may seek after the destruction. You don’t want the federal government to restore order after you have abdicated your duty to maintain order in your city, then no federal funds for you during the fallout.

I’ve tried to remain sympathetic to this movement, but it has been hijacked by radicals.
They've already been pepper sprayed, ecko, and they're back.

In order for the rioters to throw bricks at the cops, they have to sail them over the heads of the moms, in this situation.

Old 07-20-2020, 10:52 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,117,583 times
If the moms want to be useful, they should keep their sons at home, instead of allowing them to run away around Portland destroying things.

Old 07-20-2020, 10:56 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
If the moms want to be useful, they should keep their sons at home, instead of allowing them to run away around Portland destroying things.
I don't think these are the moms of the rioters. Just a guess.

I think these are the women from the demographic that held the largest peaceful protest in US history - the women who participated in the Women's March on Washington in 2017.

Old 07-20-2020, 10:56 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
The deployment of these feds has upset a whole new class of people who are coming out to protest.
This has nothing to do with the Feds, and the Feds were needed to protect Federal property and employees and restore order as you already have been told several times. The City and State won't protect people nor property so the feds had no choice.

Just because you keep repeating lies, doesn't magically make them true.

Old 07-20-2020, 10:58 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Portland and Seattle lunacy has left San Francisco and Berkeley's in the dust. A hundred thousand years of devolution in a couple of decades. And all it took was a generation of daily overdoses of unchallenged radical left poison in the public schools.

Schools should NEVER re-open in any form bearing any resemblance to what we mercifully shut down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies