Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2020, 08:42 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,376,656 times

Advertisements

I am white & I have never been called a cracker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2020, 08:42 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,183,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
If they can be hurt by a word, so can I. Tit for tat.
No one can be hurt by a word. Some just want to be able to say and do whatever they want just as long as they look good doing it and get to keep their money and bask in the glow of their higher intellect.

Old 07-21-2020, 08:47 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,183,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
And certainly not by me. It’s disrespectful, and I respect people. They don’t need to earn it. They don’t lose my respect until doing something to earn disrespect. And not even at that point do I call them racially provoking names. That would make me lower scum than them since the only point is to provoke them.

Old 07-21-2020, 09:01 AM

73,005 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I'm Black and I do not refer to anyone by any racial slurs. It's wrong and I don't want to be part of that kind of stupidity. I know what it's like to be called racial slurs and I don't want to be like that.

On another note, I have heard some Black individuals refer to non-Black groups by racial slurs, though not to anyone's face.

Old 07-21-2020, 09:10 AM

18,454 posts, read 7,086,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
Whatever. I’m a black female. You would probably call me a man if you saw me because everyone says we black females look and act like men no matter what we do. So I don’t really care what you think I am.

Black, white.......

Male or female.....

Trolls come in both colors/genders.

The majority of your posts that I've seen are generally obvious race bating drivel.

Old 07-21-2020, 12:16 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,981,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
And certainly not by me. It’s disrespectful, and I respect people. They don’t need to earn it. They don’t lose my respect until doing something to earn disrespect. And not even at that point do I call them racially provoking names. That would make me lower scum than them since the only point is to provoke them.
You do seem to talk poorly of people a lot, referring to them as second class citizens that nobody wants. My outlook is the polar opposite of yours, I want us to just treat each other as equals, regardless of skin color, how much money you have, etc.

Old 07-21-2020, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyVW55 View Post
Yes, my coworker who is black refers to Latinos as "cucarachas." I about fell over when she used it in a conversation.
Wow. But I'm not all that surprised. Racial tensions between Blacks and Hispanics are an issue in the Los Angeles area. I've also met Black Americans who talk down on African Blacks.

Old 07-21-2020, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
You do seem to talk poorly of people a lot, referring to them as second class citizens that nobody wants. My outlook is the polar opposite of yours, I want us to just treat each other as equals, regardless of skin color, how much money you have, etc.
I admit to having a bit of a cynical point of view. However, like you, I want us all to just treat each other as equals, regardless of skin color, ethnicity, etc. When it comes to racial issues, I do have a sense of history. Because of history, there is a sense of cynicism in me. There are many instances where I feel like I belong to the most looked down on/unwanted demographic in America. It doesn't mean I want racial separation. I don't want that. Changes are what I seek. People treating each other better.

Old 07-21-2020, 12:41 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,981,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I admit to having a bit of a cynical point of view. However, like you, I want us all to just treat each other as equals, regardless of skin color, ethnicity, etc. When it comes to racial issues, I do have a sense of history. Because of history, there is a sense of cynicism in me. There are many instances where I feel like I belong to the most looked down on/unwanted demographic in America. It doesn't mean I want racial separation. I don't want that. Changes are what I seek. People treating each other better.
I can appreciate that. I have a unique perspective as well. My family both owned slaves and were slaves themselves. So I can see it from both side. Neither side of my family gained anything from owning slaves or being slaves. It's just what it was at the time. My slave owner side of the family loved their slaves and treated them as possessions but human and with love. I know this because of the will and testaments they left behind, willing the slaves as property but using words like "my loving black woman Nessie" I bequeath to ...
These were dirt farmers and all that's left of their heritage is a 20 acre plot of land in the middle of BFE South Carolina. That part of the family was decimated by the Civil War and most of the males were wiped out. My family line on that side only survived when my great great grandmother remarried the neighbor after he swore to care for her after her husband (and one son) were killed in battle.

The slave side of my family were given land when they were set free, their families still live on those properties and are still fairly poor.

In the end, neither the slave side or the slave owner side did very well in the end and both sides ended up pretty poor off in life.

Old 07-21-2020, 01:11 PM

16,578 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
While I get your point, you're comparing words that aren't the same. The *N* word is demeaning, meant to show superiority over a group and is inflammatory. Call most white people cracker and they're going to laugh.

Having said that - there's a definite double standard and black folks can get away with a lot that white folks can't. That's the trend based on liberals and their witch hunts. White people are supposed to feel guilt and shame and if we don't, the liberals think we're racist. Black folks, according to liberals, have a right to say and do whatever they'd like.

All you can do is refuse to play. The truth is, over the years I've met racist people - but they're black. I know just one white guy who is racist and he's been shunned by the rest of us.

Don't play - it's not our game.
Blacks call each other ****** and laugh about it.
That is not the point.
Or are you trying to say we should be at a point where we can call each other racially based names, and we should all laugh it off?
I would be for the latter myself.

As to blacks calling whites "cracker", "honky", "white devil" etc., at what point should that be considered racism?
It certainly is not in the spirit of brotherly love, and I suspect you know that.

Also, you could say calling a black person a ****** is too inflammatory, thus not a fair comparison. But what less inflammatory name can a white people call a black person, and it still not be considered racist?

I was watching a stupid video where two women were jawing at each other, and the black woman called the white woman a "white *****". The white woman in return called the black woman a "black *****".
Guess which one was accused of being racist?

Heck sometimes a white person is not even trying to call a black person a racial epithet, yet is attacked over it.
Remember when Howard Cosell said "that little monkey gets loose" and the football player who was elusive and broke a tackle happened to be black.
Yet Cosell had said the same thing about white athletes who managed to be difficult to catch or very athletic.
There was also video of him watching his little grandson scampering around, and said look at that little monkey go (needless to say his grandkid was white).

So in this PC police state, nothing can even be said accidentally, non intentionally, or even joked about without condemnation of a white person saying it.
But it is ok for a black person to say the aforementioned names, even in anger, and we are suppose to say it is not racism?

SPECIAL OBSERVATION - Looking at my post, it is obviously PC has infected the auto censor, because the term "N" gets auto censored, yet "cracker" & "honky" were not.
I'll bet if we played a game called pick a racial name of minorities that would be auto censored, X amount could be found.
Yet I suspect if you tried to come up with a racist name directed toward white people, none would be censored.

That alone should prove the OP's point.

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies