Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2020, 06:50 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasterplease909 View Post
My point that it helps Trump is not a comparison of leadership. It's a reflection of which major political party enables and apologizes for this mess and which one rightly calls it out.
Those aren't Trump supporters out there burning and looting and the voting public KNOWS that. They might not be Biden supporters either but I think any halfway intelligent person can guess that their politics lean to the left.

The irony is that the democrats might well be snatching defeat from the jaws of victory as they say!

Before the riots, Trump was widely seen as in incompetent leader, largely from his lackluster and inept response to the coronavirus. There are plenty of other examples but I think this drove it over the edge for many Americans.

Now, the narrative has changed. Middle America sees nonstop rioting, burning cities, out of control crime, democrats who want to defund or abolish the police and many on the left who openly hate America and openly practice racism against white people.

It's not longer an election about Trump. It's an election about whether you can vote for a party who enables this radical left madness or not. I think many people who can't stand Trump will NOT be able to vote democrat in good conscience after the last few weeks.
The rioters are nothing by leftist operatives.

If Biden wins (unlikely, but possible) all of the rioting will suddenly stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2020, 08:35 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
I watched a young woman on Twitter or Instagram (was inside another video) who said she and her friends are turned off to the Dems in Portland because their everyday lives have been turned upside down. They are tired of this stuff. Don't remember if she said they were moving out or what, but the riots are backfiring. Not unexpected, surely.

Old 07-27-2020, 10:10 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
At what point does the LEFT get angry at the riots, the destruction and the violence?
When they are too late to realize they are all wearing "re-elect Trump" buttons.

Old 07-27-2020, 10:14 PM

1,154 posts, read 366,560 times
I don’t believe anger is the solution to the issue.

Old 07-27-2020, 10:58 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
My point that it helps Trump is not a comparison of leadership. It's a reflection of which major political party enables and apologizes for this mess and which one rightly calls it out.
Those aren't Trump supporters out there burning and looting and the voting public KNOWS that. They might not be Biden supporters either but I think any halfway intelligent person can guess that their politics lean to the left.

The irony is that the democrats might well be snatching defeat from the jaws of victory as they say!

Before the riots, Trump was widely seen as in incompetent leader, largely from his lackluster and inept response to the coronavirus. There are plenty of other examples but I think this drove it over the edge for many Americans.

Now, the narrative has changed. Middle America sees nonstop rioting, burning cities, out of control crime, democrats who want to defund or abolish the police and many on the left who openly hate America and openly practice racism against white people.

It's not longer an election about Trump. It's an election about whether you can vote for a party who enables this radical left madness or not. I think many people who can't stand Trump will NOT be able to vote democrat in good conscience after the last few weeks.

This..

At this point, the protests and riots are basically Trump's reelection campaign team.

Old 07-27-2020, 11:00 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,048 times
Quote:
At what point do the moderates and even some of the extremists on the left say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH and start speaking out against the rioting, destruction and violence?

How many more innocent people, including children have to be killed?
How many more billions of dollars of property damage and vandalism needs to occur?
How many more of our once beautiful cities need to look like 3rd world, war zones?
How much does opportunistic crime need to rise because you thought "defund the police" was a good idea?
How many more illegal autonomous zones or illegal road/freeway closures to we need?

Is it worth watching your country burn and see people injured and killed, just to spite Trump?
Aren't you bright enough to realize it helps him because he can sell himself as the alternative to this madness?

Aren't you bright enough to realize that absolutely nobody thinks these are peaceful protests anymore?

This is YOUR mess. These are YOUR people out there apologizing, enabling and excusing them.
When do YOU say enough is enough?

Until the day that everyone is separated according to race as it was meant to be, this is going to happen. Life is the same everywhere. People don't want to be forced into other cultures and races no matter what.

Old 07-27-2020, 11:04 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
I don't get that logic. This HELPS Trump. This is a gift to his re-election campaign. All he has to do now is sell himself as the law and order alternative to this madness.
But he sends the Feds to Portland and more people than ever come out to protest. In know way can this help Trump when reelection.

Old 07-27-2020, 11:29 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
That's where you're wrong:

It is his opponent who offers the promise of calm, sober and competent leadership. Put it this way: If you have to tweet “LAW & ORDER!,” you probably aren’t the law-and-order candidate.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...w-order-party/

To the extent that there is a law-and-order candidate at this point, it appears to be Biden.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...message-flops/

"A majority of voters, 63 percent, say they would rather back a presidential candidate who focuses on the cause of protests, even when the protests go too far, while just 31 percent say they would prefer to support a candidate who says we need to be tough on demonstrations that go too far"
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/25/u...legrounds.html

Horse ****!

Biden is an appeaser.

He's afraid to **** anyone off and that makes him weak.

Trump, on the other hand, doesn't seem to mind pissing off select pains in the ass.

Old 07-27-2020, 11:41 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbottkd71 View Post
I don’t believe anger is the solution to the issue.
Compliance and assimilation is not a solution, it is fake. Recognizing that unity is not possible and all going their separate ways is the solution. If anyone doubts that, think about how little someone living in a hut somewhere in another land is causing any racial conflicts for Americans. They are not because they were never forced into assimilation, and Americans don’t even know or care if they exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies