Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2020, 11:02 PM

30,745 posts, read 21,881,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
We have always had riots and looting over the decades. Why is this somehow new?
Maybe in your city
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2020, 05:11 AM

25,470 posts, read 12,587,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
The rioters and looters are their base now.
The rioteers and looters, and those who support that ideology, make up less than 1/3rd of all Democrats.

These are radical leftsits, and Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren (radical leftists) garnered about 36% of the votes in the Democrat Primary's. I'm thinking some of that 36% have changed their minds, now that they've seen the death and destruction that ideology brings.

I think moderates are still the bulk of the Democrat party. They are more passive, quieter, and we dont hear much from them as much as the more vocal radicals, but they are there...watching....cringing.

Old 07-21-2020, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose88 View Post
democrats need to wake up urgently.
The moderates are awake now, but thy willnot openlu challenge the much more aggressive radical liberals.

They will wait until November 3rd, when nobody can see them rise.

Old 07-21-2020, 05:17 AM

11,932 posts, read 6,522,953 times
The polls aren’t showing that it is making any difference.
Democrat voters don’t care if our country goes down.....
And the democrat controlled media is spinning it to look like it’s all Trump’s fault.

Old 07-21-2020, 05:52 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,163,610 times
many have said they do not like Trump but will vote for him as they do not want a Dem in there turning america into Chicago or New York as they have seen what the Dem mayors have done in places like those and others

Old 07-21-2020, 06:52 AM

23,843 posts, read 14,968,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
The moderates are awake now, but thy willnot openlu challenge the much more aggressive radical liberals.

They will wait until November 3rd, when nobody can see them rise.
Perhaps some moderates understand that parable about casting pearls before swine.

Some of us moderates cannot discern who is doing what, so we don't label all protestors as arsonists and looters.

We understand that when people take it to the streets anybody can show up to do any damn thing they please.

Some of us understand that Antifa horned in on the BLM protest movement. We also understand that in antifa's zeal to demonstrate lives are more important than property the tactic they use also informs us that they are idiots.

I read 'The Root" everyday. It helps my understanding.

Last edited by crone; 07-21-2020 at 06:53 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 07-21-2020, 06:57 AM

29,200 posts, read 14,474,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
The polls aren’t showing that it is making any difference.
Democrat voters don’t care if our country goes down.....
And the democrat controlled media is spinning it to look like it’s all Trump’s fault.
This, exactly. And I'm afraid that all the spin control is going to work. Trump isn't exactly helping his cause either though. The Democrats are playing a dangerous game of chess, and sadly , currently winning.

Old 07-21-2020, 04:43 PM
bjh

59,952 posts, read 30,279,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Yup. Really my question was more directed at the people giving the police these orders. I wish the media would go to them with camera crews and microphone, as ask them why they are ordering their police not to do anything to these people - not arrest them, not stop them from throwing bricks through windows, not stop them from setting cars etc. on fire.

Pollyannaish of me to wish the media would pursue these liberal fanatics half as hard as they pursue Brett Kavanaugh, Donald Trump, Michael Flynn etc.
I wonder if there aren't "dereliction of duty" laws that can be applied against them. Even if there are, possibly too few in a position to apply such laws that have the courage and decency to do so.

Old 07-21-2020, 10:02 PM

18,673 posts, read 7,546,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I think moderates are still the bulk of the Democrat party. They are more passive, quieter, and we dont hear much from them as much as the more vocal radicals, but they are there...watching....cringing.
Leaving.

Old 07-22-2020, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
I wonder if there aren't "dereliction of duty" laws that can be applied against them. Even if there are, possibly too few in a position to apply such laws that have the courage and decency to do so.
You would have to research the "failure to uphold oath of office" laws in each city and state. In NC, it is against the law, and there are punishments. That was the only one I could find in a quick search.

The oaths are kind of vague however, and the clause "to protect" could be construed in many ways.

Lawsuits against polticicians, & cities have already been brought by survivors of people killed in these protests. I'm not sure if criminal or civil. Time will answer our questions of accountability of public office. Lawyers would know if precedence exists in each jurisdiction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies