Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2020, 02:47 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
UGH.... Are you saying that Trump can't pivot like so many politicians do?

After 3-1/2 years? Why start now?

Old 07-20-2020, 02:51 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,218,731 times
It's about time he has adopted this. What do you know, he finally agrees with the scientific consensus on mask wearing to mitigate the spread of the virus. If he would've just listened to the consensus out of the gate, we wouldn't have the cult followers refusing to wear masks. Maybe they will say the deep state got to him lol.

Old 07-20-2020, 02:52 PM

4,135 posts, read 2,838,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
No- they will say he was forced. They twisted his arm OR his daughter made a deal with the mask Co,, and they will make a killing $$$ . maga jobs
Nah, they'll say "we've always been wearing masks since the beginning, what do you mean? He's been pro-mask this whole time"

Old 07-20-2020, 02:54 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
Trump and most of his base supporters don't care if there is a virus. They know who is more likely to get sick and/or die, and it's the minimum wage, essential workers, & those without health insurance. So why would Trump supporters/ultra conservative wealthy people care? They don't. They can hunker down safely while everyone else goes out into the danger zone.

Wear a mask & stay as safe as you can. Your government does not care if you get sick.

Old 07-20-2020, 02:58 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,945,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
It's about time he has adopted this. What do you know, he finally agrees with the scientific consensus on mask wearing to mitigate the spread of the virus. If he would've just listened to the consensus out of the gate, we wouldn't have the cult followers refusing to wear masks. Maybe they will say the deep state got to him lol.
Most of the anti-mask crowd are anti-vaxxers, what Trump says or does won't matter to them.

Old 07-20-2020, 02:59 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
Trump is the one who originally made wearing a mask a political statement. Now, he flip flopped again because he realizes the scientists may be right.

Old 07-20-2020, 03:04 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,433,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Trump is the one who originally made wearing a mask a political statement. Now, he flip flopped again because he realizes the scientists may be right.
No, he flip-flopped because he hopes it might get him some votes from gullible people who might think that he "cares" about the pandemic and their health. It's just another con.

Old 07-20-2020, 03:08 PM

1,754 posts, read 755,134 times
It is about time.

Biden hasn't been perfect, but he recognized the mask thing quickly. Too bad Trump didn't, but late is better than never.

Thank you Trump.

Old 07-20-2020, 03:10 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Most of the anti-mask crowd are anti-vaxxers, what Trump says or does won't matter to them.
How do you know this?

Old 07-20-2020, 03:10 PM

273 posts, read 96,702 times
Super proud of Trump for tweeting this. This is the leader I once supported.

I'm sure the CCP hates this tweet as they know it will slow the spread of their bioweapon.

Glad to see Trump may not actually be a CCP accomplice trying to purposefully spread their bioweapon.

I hope he can do a 180 on his virus response and start taking this thing seriously.

One thing I don't understand is why he called it the "invisible China Virus" not just the "wuhan virus or china virus"........ i mean we all know that its "invisible" ..... I've never heard anyone call it the "invisible virus" before??? Is he using the word "invisible" to purposefully cater to an "uneducated demographic" ? I don't get it ,,,,,, I also don't get why he sometimes calls it "the plague"..I wish he would just call it the "Wuhan Virus" and stick with it. Even calling it the "china virus" seems a little childish bc its not realistic for medical staff to constantly use the term "china virus" were "wuhan virus" is much more realistic...also "china virus" can be seen as some as racist,, were "wuhan virus" seems less racist and more realistic

Its definitely a little to late and he should've done it 6 months ago , but glad to see he is finally coming around. Just wish it didn't have to take 140k people dying.

He also said in an interview that "we have the lowest mortality rate in the world". And I still think talking about the virus in any positive light is disrespectful to those who have died from the virus.

I personally think that as long as over 100 people a day are dying from the virus, every flag in the country should be flown at half mast. Of course we don't want to seem weak , but sometimes the best step to recovery is acknowledging the problem.

I guess the outbreak has reached a point were denial is simply not an option.........

Also as more republican states mandate masks , more people are being forced to wear them at work and I guess Trump was starting to see how not supporting masks just makes him look entitled , like he doesn't support "the working man" and to those who are genuinely trying their hardest to squash the virus by socially distancing and wearing masks, him downplaying it makes it look like he doesn't have "america's best interest"

It was always the poor who were sent to war throughout history,,, and its the same scenario here.
The rich don't have to worry about wearing a mask, they can work from home and get their groceries delivered. While the rest of us are being forced to wear a mask whether we like it or not (which i support).

maybe Trump can follow up with some tweets like:

-"we'll be having a national moment of silence for the 140k who have died"

-"I'll be using my presidential powers to fast track the supply of more PPE".
(how in Gods name are there still hospitals with nurses having to wash their own homemade cloth masks everyday instead of being provided a new surgical mask everyday??) (also I do not feel safe getting tested unless I know the person doing the testing has a surgical mask and a face shield on...preferably all "testers" would have a N95 on. When I see pictures of "testers" in Florida wearing only a surgical mask or only a homemade masks it looks like a recipe for disaster.... I really hope "testers" are getting tested every single day for the virus.)

-"I'll being hiring thousands of federally trained "contract tracers" and sending them across the nation to virus hotspots"

**So we have the resources to send federally armed guards to "play war" with a bunch of hipsters in portland, but we don't have the resources to hire "federal contract tracers"??????

The federal troops in portland are just provoking the hipsters even more, even the governor and mayor both said they're not welcome........ however we don't have the resources to hire federally trained contract tracers to help all the innocent people who are going to contract the virus from someone next to them in line at the grocery store who didn't know to quarantine bc we didn't have enough contract tracers staffed to notify them ???

does anyone else think that sending the national guard to provoke a bunch of hipsters in Portland but not having "federally trained contract tracers" a serious poor allocation of resources ????????

I live in the midwest ,,, I don't care about what those hipsters are doing in portland , I care more about how the virus is getting my family sick......

where are the entrepreneurs during all this?????? how do we not have an "app" that we can consent to signing up to that will help us trace confirmed cases like South Korea , Japan, Vietnam and Taiwan has, if anything else this app would at least draw awareness to this ongoing problem....

I'm sure Trump would say such an "app" violates your privacy rights........ but why isn't there even an "app" being marketed that we can have the choice to consent to???? Also Japan created an amazing "app" this is also super anonymous , so you don't have to worry about your privacy rights...

I remember seeing such "apps" being marketed back in March but they have seemed to have all died down.....

I mean I'm sure there are "apps" like this but the fact that I haven't heard of them show they lack the needed funding.....

why doesn't Trump encourage us all to download an "app" that will allow us to better trace the virus???

Trump downplaying the virus is stifling entrepreneurship and news ideas that could be used to fight the virus...

We are Americans, we are some of the most intelligent , innovative people in the world (i hope),, yet we are being owned by some pathetic virus from the CCP......

Its about time we all come together to defeat this thing once and for all.......

I want to be able to play pickup basketball again,,,,

I want to ride the bus without worrying about getting sick,,,,

I want to know the stockmarket isn't going to crash again and my favorite restuarant isn't going to close again....

We are 100% completely failing,,,, and anytime Trump speaks about the virus in a positive light he is "disillusioning" his once supporters......

We should be drawing awareness to the severity of this virus and be holding national moments of silence, and have all flags be lowered to half mast,, anytime Trump or anyone downplays the virus it looks more like they are admitting defeat to the CCP then anything,,,,

acknowledging the problem isnt admitting defeat, its the first step to recovery....

***also I just wanted to note that anyone saying that "masks are bad bc they make it hard to breathe" ...I almost guarantee are not speaking from personal experience,,,, the reality is they are much more likely being manipulated by CCP propoganda encouraging the spread of the virus and not speaking from personal experience....

There a thousands of CCP bots spreading a message that "masks are dangerous bc you cant breath"...... there are far far fewer people who are actually experiencing problems breathing due to masks

Last edited by mizzou88; 07-20-2020 at 04:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies