Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2020, 03:30 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
No this thread wasn’t about Trump pivoting it’s more about his followers using not wearing a mask as a huge political statement to own the libs and not be a sheeple.

They took it as a challenge by the government and libs to purposely conform them to their rules

I’m just wondering how they feel about their leader they feel can do no wrong doing this
It works both ways, Trump-haters wearing masks in silly circumstances where is does not make sense, like while riding a bike, walking your dog and not a living sole is within 500 yards of you, or wearing a mask while sitting at a red light in your car with the windows rolled up, etc...

Old 07-20-2020, 03:38 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Years ago we had several anti-vaxxers hear on C-D, I know the type.

Doubt it? do a Google search on anti-vaxxers and masks.
I'm sure there's overlap. I don't think there's any way to quantify it though.

Old 07-20-2020, 03:58 PM

2,911 posts, read 1,359,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...99379746811915

Now you Trump enthusiasts can wear masks since he is.

Or do you feel betrayed by him for promoting wearing one like a sheeple?
Quote:
TRUMP:

There is nobody more Patriotic than me, your favorite President!
He's such a child.

Old 07-20-2020, 04:17 PM

6,737 posts, read 4,419,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
It is about time.

Biden hasn't been perfect, but he recognized the mask thing quickly. Too bad Trump didn't, but late is better than never.

Thank you Trump.

You really think its him. Its his advisors that have convinced him its the right thing to do. Trump is an absolute genius at denying reality. He's running out of ideas to get votes.

Old 07-20-2020, 04:20 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
You really think its him. Its his advisors that have convinced him its the right thing to do. Trump is an absolute genius at denying reality. He's running out of ideas to get votes.
Trump is now forced to follow his advisors. Trump ideas are killing his and the GOP campaign's.

Old 07-20-2020, 04:23 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
He's such a child.
A lot of children under the age of 10 are exempt from mask mandates.

Mentally, Trump qualifies.

Old 07-20-2020, 04:23 PM

6,116 posts, read 4,608,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I’ve been wearing a mask since the beginning of March. Trump’s personal choice has no effect on me, though as leader of our country my preference is that he wear a mask. People should be bright enough however to do their research and come to the conclusion that wearing a mask is best, without requiring a POTUS visual to reinforce their decision.
Either you live in an area of the country where people are much brighter than where I am or you have too much faith in a large chunk of the population!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Unless it the boss in my office,, I put in for retirement, true story. per contract can be gone by fall
Even if it's your boss, you still have a right not to have someone in your personal space, especially given that the dynamic of how much that personal space is needed has changed. "Back up please" can be "Can you back up and give me a some more space, please sir?" instead, with further conversation depending on his or her reaction. They should already be mindful of that to begin with but if a boss just outright refused, that's probably not someone you'd want to work for anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Trump and most of his base supporters don't care if there is a virus. They know who is more likely to get sick and/or die, and it's the minimum wage, essential workers, & those without health insurance. So why would Trump supporters/ultra conservative wealthy people care? They don't. They can hunker down safely while everyone else goes out into the danger zone.

Wear a mask & stay as safe as you can. Your government does not care if you get sick.
Much of his base are those minimum wage, essential workers though, at least in what is sometimes referred to as flyover country, and in many rural areas without much minority population. If they have any sense, they won't be his base come November, but I can't say I have full confidence in that. If they still vote for him after all this though, I have to admit it's harder to be as sympathetic if things don't work out well for them.

Old 07-20-2020, 04:31 PM

5,047 posts, read 6,348,063 times
We have always been at war with Eastasia.

Old 07-20-2020, 04:38 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Most of the anti-mask crowd are anti-vaxxers, what Trump says or does won't matter to them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
How do you know this?
They have ESPN ...

Old 07-20-2020, 04:43 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,346,947 times
Wearing a mask IS the patriotic thing to do. People were wearing masks not as a political statement against Trump as he claims, but as a response to evolved guidance from health professionals. At least someone convinced him to change his tune on this non-partisan, public health issue - even if it’s just a reaction to his poor polling numbers. Thank goodness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies