Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2020, 08:13 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Nothing burning that I can see:

https://www.king5.com/webcams

Just a beautiful summer day in a beautiful city.
Why do you seemingly go out of your way to appear uninformed? Andy Ngo reported they started fire outside the Portland police union hall and then broke in and started fire inside.

Too many words for you to understand? Try this:

Ngo reported fires.

In addition, fires were reported in Seattle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2020, 08:13 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Similar to Portlandia, Federal Law Enforcement officers will soon be seen on Pine Street. Their goal is to arrest the leaders of these latest lawless and dangerous gatherings.
So, it seems Trump has a new "no gathering" policy.

He sure knows how to make a bad situation worse.

Having said that there is nothing to back up your story, so its probably propaganda straight from Moscow.

Old 07-20-2020, 08:20 PM

2,923 posts, read 977,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Not good. Trump should let it burn so that maybe sanity will return to the residents of Seattle and they won’t elect the democrats again.

By sending the feds, Trump will be labeled as a gestapo.
They may be able to help speed up the process

Old 07-20-2020, 08:41 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times
Seattle local government officials need to be ousted, taken in handcuffs to Federal prison for cooperating with criminals in terrorizing the citizens.

Old 07-20-2020, 09:32 PM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,368,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
The price of nationwide rioting and looting.

Is "kidnapper" now something that criminals refer to arresting officers as?

That's adorable. We'll add that to the criminal underclass lexicon.
It's part of Newspeak.

Old 07-20-2020, 09:35 PM

39,857 posts, read 26,482,831 times
One part of me say good, it's time to take out the trash. The other part says F the people of Seattle. They voted for the scumbag mayor and city council that allowed their city to devolve into savagery and barbarism, I really don't feel a lot of sympathy for them.

Old 07-20-2020, 09:38 PM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,368,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Trump is down by 15 points in every state in America right? So, who the heck cares...let's restore order, and let the chips fall where they may.
Remember 2016 when polls showed Hillary winning? People don't always tell pollsters who they're really going to vote for.

Old 07-20-2020, 09:43 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,724,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Similar to Portlandia, Federal Law Enforcement officers will soon be seen on Pine Street. Their goal is to arrest the leaders of these latest lawless and dangerous gatherings.
I could be wrong, but haven’t Federal troops usually come at the behest of the local governments? An exception would be natural disaster, riots (1960-70s style), civil rights era “federalizing” of national Guard. These episodes don’t seem to be anything like those.

Old 07-20-2020, 09:49 PM

2,400 posts, read 754,330 times
The Feds should occupy every leftist city and throw them all in prison for treason.

Old 07-20-2020, 09:51 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southking500 View Post
I live in Seattle and my workplace is very close to where yesterday's riot happened. Luckily, I am working from home.
The whole Seattle area has an unsafe feeling these days, not just the rioting and looting, but an increase in shootings, arson fires etc.
The hatred towards the police turns my stomach. Anytime I have interacted with SPD officers they have been friendly and professional. Maybe that is because I did not spit on them and scream "Die!" Funny how that works out, I am guessing the police haters have not tried the friendly approach yet. Those "Love trumps Hate" signs must have some fine print.
Seattle is a liberal city but there are a lot of residents here who don't even bother voting , the choice is usually left vs. far left. Centrists, independents and conservatives feel disenfranchised, silent and possibly even a majority if you include the suburbs.
I welcome the Federal Police to Seattle and so do many others here, especially the businesses that have been hit over and over again by the Pigs (and I do not mean the police).

^
Thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies