Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2021, 02:43 PM

11,474 posts, read 11,562,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
You keep flip flopping with your goal posts like a tennis game.

You are of the opinion that "woke" has nothing to do with these products and revenue loss.
Fine.
I'm of a different opinion.

It's ok not to agree. Really. I'm not trying to change your mind but you are for sure, pushing me to change my opinion.
Just trying to convince you to put a little more rigor and a little less emotion around your belief here. Your choice not to.

Also goal posts and tennis game? I think you’re mixing metaphors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2021, 02:49 PM

43,123 posts, read 18,281,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Just trying to convince you to put a little more rigor and a little less emotion around your belief here. Your choice not to.

You went off on Nike and then turned around and went off on Coke and McDonalds.

Old 07-19-2021, 02:55 PM

8,771 posts, read 5,059,025 times
Quote:
You have no data to support your position on Coke or McDonalds. Industry analysts disagree with you. All you are doing is making a feeling based argument that confuses correlation and causation.

As for Nike, what percent of their sales come from black Americans? Quantify for me how they are immune from woke blowback.
Nike looses alot to shoplifters.....many black guys do not pay for their niikes.

Old 07-19-2021, 03:01 PM

5,347 posts, read 3,216,583 times
Quote:
Coke went woke and sales declined 28%
McDonalds went woke and has declining customer traffic.
Listerine came out with multicolored gay pride mouthwash in June and the stock didn't move in the stores.

The corporates thought the vocal minority ruled so they bowed to them.
In reality the consumer rules and proved them wrong.
Ohhh tell me more about how food and beverage sales declined during a pandemic when restaurants were closed.

Heck the McDonald's near me just opened up for in store dining and Coke's sales are up 5% through Q1-2021. https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/coca...ast-2021-04-21

Oh but cool...use your year old data....hahaha

Old 07-19-2021, 03:02 PM

11,474 posts, read 11,562,622 times
Quote:
You went off on Nike and then turned around and went off on Coke and McDonalds.
I went off on all three. I pointed out that Nike, a very woke company, has seen no appreciable dip in sales. Coke has seen a downward revenue trend for years, but you want me to believe that it is because they are woke, and not because of general consumer trends. Same for McDonald’s…Their revenue peaked in 2013 at $28.11B and has come down every year since. They were only at $19.21B last year. Wokeness isn’t driving the decline, it’s consumer habits. All you need to do is look at the data and listen to the analysts who cover the sector. If being woke was hurting sales, the analysts would be the first ones to call it out. Instead, they are talking about how these firms need to change their product offering to recapture consumers who have stopped eating as much junk food.

Show me the woke dip: https://www.statista.com/statistics/...on-since-2005/

Do you find it at all interesting that both Coke and McDonald’s peaked around the same time (a decade ago) and have been heading in the same direction since?

How about Starbucks? Super woke company, right? Revenue in the Americas keeps going up. How come? (And please don’t tell me that only liberals go to Starbucks. I have spent enough time in Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Texas to know otherwise.)

Last edited by SkyDog77; 07-19-2021 at 03:19 PM..

Old 07-19-2021, 05:27 PM

37,973 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:

Says the guy who ended sentence with a preposition.

Old 07-19-2021, 05:29 PM

37,973 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
I went off on all three. I pointed out that Nike, a very woke company, has seen no appreciable dip in sales. Coke has seen a downward revenue trend for years, but you want me to believe that it is because they are woke, and not because of general consumer trends. Same for McDonald’s…Their revenue peaked in 2013 at $28.11B and has come down every year since. They were only at $19.21B last year. Wokeness isn’t driving the decline, it’s consumer habits. All you need to do is look at the data and listen to the analysts who cover the sector. If being woke was hurting sales, the analysts would be the first ones to call it out. Instead, they are talking about how these firms need to change their product offering to recapture consumers who have stopped eating as much junk food.

Show me the woke dip: https://www.statista.com/statistics/...on-since-2005/

Do you find it at all interesting that both Coke and McDonald’s peaked around the same time (a decade ago) and have been heading in the same direction since?

How about Starbucks? Super woke company, right? Revenue in the Americas keeps going up. How come? (And please don’t tell me that only liberals go to Starbucks. I have spent enough time in Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Texas to know otherwise.)
Nike might see a dip in US sales, once patriotic Americans find out they have publicly declared that: "Nike is a brand that is of China and for China." Nike is a slave labor shoe company, that is of China, and for China.

Old 07-19-2021, 10:42 PM

608 posts, read 239,595 times
Well, I guess I'll be drinking Red Bull instead of Monster.

...but Red Bull tastes so bad compared to Monster...

Old 07-19-2021, 10:54 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Firing them is just a start.

Old 07-20-2021, 07:26 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Happy Birthday to this thread... one year old today
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies