Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2020, 02:36 PM

3,530 posts, read 3,732,527 times

Advertisements

The fact that they politicized anything at all, especially in their marketing, gets a blanket ban from my wallet. No exceptions, zero tolerance. Not that I bought Red Bull anyway (I think they're partially owned/owned by Coca-Cola).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2020, 03:01 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,717,974 times
It would seem it's the OPPOSITE, they were fired for not being woke

what am I missing here?

Old 07-21-2020, 03:02 PM

10,477 posts, read 6,991,011 times
about to drink my first redbull in a decade

Old 07-21-2020, 03:08 PM

628 posts, read 209,359 times
The person who wrote that article is quite a bit overzealous.

Edit: revolver.news seems to be... not worth reading.

https://archive.fo/OT1lZ

https://www.businessinsider.com/red-...ng-team-2020-7

There's the Business Insider article.

Old 07-21-2020, 03:15 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
No. Kozak and Taylor did not make the map - Klaass did.
Business Insider reported that some inside the company said these two were terminated because they were the ones who leaked the map out of retaliation for the company firing the guy who approved the slide.

Old 07-21-2020, 03:23 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,944,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Business Insider reported that some inside the company said these two were terminated because they were the ones who leaked the map out of retaliation for the company firing the guy who approved the slide.
I doubt that since they were lobbying the company for more diversity in recent weeks. It's highly doubtful they would go to bat for Klaass.

Old 07-21-2020, 03:23 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,717,974 times
Quote:
so does that revolver article have any merit whatsoever?

This seems to be what happened, an exec approved a 'racist' slide and got fired a week ago

The 'diversity' nazi execs (2 people?) at redbull started doing victory laps, and they were just fired today

Am I getting that right?

Doesn't seem like any mass firing of 'diversity' employees happened

Old 07-21-2020, 03:30 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Ultor, people can be pushing for more diversity and find that map funny.

Blake, WSJ reported the two were being ousted last week. Red Bull's parent company in Austria was responsible for that decision.

It's being reported by insiders that the other two were the ones who leaked the map - but I've also read that there were internal battles about how to deal with the BLM movement. Kozak was supposedly their SJW but couldn't get much done in that regard.

So who knows what really happened. Like everything, it's probably a lot of things and this was just the last straw.

Old 07-21-2020, 03:41 PM

21,872 posts, read 25,139,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
It would seem it's the OPPOSITE, they were fired for not being woke

what am I missing here?
It's really hard to say. On the one hand, some people felt that Red Bull wasn't woke enough and they were the ones who generally were responsible for making Red Bull be woke. E.g, fired because they were the ones responsible for making Red Bull be woke and they didn't do their jobs. On the other hand apparently they were pushing for more woke which Red Bull corporate culture wasn't having which created some office drama and they got fired for that. Probably both are gross simplifications of what was really happening that have more to do with whatever social engineering agenda people who have nothing to do with Red Bull are interested in pushing.

Old 07-21-2020, 03:51 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,944,421 times
Quote:
Ultor, people can be pushing for more diversity and find that map funny.

Blake, WSJ reported the two were being ousted last week. Red Bull's parent company in Austria was responsible for that decision.

It's being reported by insiders that the other two were the ones who leaked the map - but I've also read that there were internal battles about how to deal with the BLM movement. Kozak was supposedly their SJW but couldn't get much done in that regard.

So who knows what really happened. Like everything, it's probably a lot of things and this was just the last straw.
Fair enough. (except the woke have no sense of humor )

I may be giving too much weight to the timing of the leaked map and the letter from the 300 woke crowd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies