Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2020, 10:04 AM

8,336 posts, read 2,965,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Except that is the literal truth. Most of the protests have been peaceful, regardless of whatever the media or internet focuses on. Sorry that doesn't fit your narrative, but as Trump says about all the virus deaths- it is what it is.
Most of the protests have been peaceful? Big deal. Far too many have been violent leftist scum burning, looting, destroying, assaulting and killing and far too many dem politicians allow it by holding back their police forces while criticizing them and wanting them defunded.

But most leftists are not violent trash and most politicians should not be boiled in oil. Most people agree that most of the time.

Most blacks are not killers. Most killers are.

Most of these protesters are peaceful rioters. Not all BLM supporters are violent scum.

Old 07-21-2020, 10:08 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
The protests had all but quieted down ... until Trump sent unmarked federal troops to Portland, knowing their presence would only stir things up. Trump wants more riots, more tear gas, so he can run for reelection on Mister Law and Order Tough Guy. That's why he's sending more unmarked paramilitary units to all major U.S. cities. He wants conflict.

Sending unmarked, unbadged federal troops to bust heads proves that Trump is a strong-arm fascist at heart.
LOL ... did you really just say that? You are getting more ridiculous with your direct false claims.

There have been protests for 53 days straight in Portland.

Night 53: Feds continue tear gas use against protesters following march

Federal authorities again used tear gas, flashbangs and other crowd-control munitions against protesters in downtown Portland after the largest crowd the city has seen in recent weeks gathered on Monday night for the 53rd consecutive night of protests against police brutality.

But - they got the feds attention now - so they are happy and doing what they are paid to do... college graduates of Brownshirt Univ.

Old 07-21-2020, 10:09 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Most of the protests have been peaceful? Big deal. Far too many have been violent leftist scum burning, looting, destroying, assaulting and killing and far too many dem politicians allow it by holding back their police forces while criticizing them and wanting them defunded.

But most leftists are not violent trash and most politicians should not be boiled in oil. Most people agree that most of the time.

Most blacks are not killers. Most killers are.

Most of these protesters are peaceful rioters.
So what exactly is your point? I'm as liberal as they come on social issues like this and I don't support riots. I understand why they occur- because I have a good understanding of the historical context- but I don't think that excuses it. I generally don't support violence as a method of change.

You don't seem to understand that you can condemn the rioters without supporting goon squads. That you can condemn the rioters while also supporting the cause of reducing excessive force in policing and systemic racism. It's not either-or. Only idiots see only black and white, without nuance or context or any understanding of the complexity of real-life situations. Conservatives always seem to miss all the gray of life.

Old 07-21-2020, 10:18 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
No, it is not a challenge. I wish people would stop acting like this is some type of rocket science. When a brick gets thrown, the gathering is declared unlawful, a riot. If the rioters don't disperse, they are all subject to arrest. Any 'peaceful protester' will disperse at the first sign of violence. I would. Wouldn't you? Who would stick around during violence? Who? Maybe an enabler who wants to shout "peaceful protesters!' while they enable a confusing and blurred mess where no one knows who is doing what, and it can continue on night after night.

Then they arrest them. Even those who say "Hey I'm just standing here trying to have a conversation." Nope. It's a riot. A perimeter is set and they are rounded up with whatever force is necessary to get them in cuffs and on a bus. Then, they are properly charged.

The bail is set high enough that the "moms of Portland" have to dip into their life savings. So instead of forming a human Covid-speading wall, they will keep their kids at home. This is not hard!! The governments, by not doing what is the most basic responsibility of every government--- a perfectly do-able thing--- are de facto endorsing this.

And it is not a stretch to imagine this kind of chaos happening on Election Day. Chaos endangers everyone's rights.
It is a challenge. I don't think anyone is acting like this is some type of rocket science. When a brick gets thrown, that doesn't make all the protesters into criminals. That argument is about criminalizing protest, and it's a bad argument, especially in a country that is pledged to free speech.

I support free speech. I do not support violence or criminals. That surely isn't rocket science. It's simple as ABC.

Old 07-21-2020, 10:31 AM

7,146 posts, read 4,740,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Oh my! *stumbles back in mock horror--trips over fainting couch* I do declare, I am so afraid of you tough talking conservatives, I think I just might wet my knickers. Whatever shall I do?

Oh, that's right. Point and laugh.

Oh Look!!
A 12 year old posts here!!

Old 07-21-2020, 10:34 AM

15,834 posts, read 6,543,563 times
I wonder how many of these patriots who refuse to be ordered around by their government would be happy to loyally serve their country in the military? Where all they do is get ordered around by the government. Yeah sure bub.

Old 07-21-2020, 10:41 AM

4,904 posts, read 2,057,413 times
I’ll be voting for Trump and “I” don’t believe that there will be another Civil War since it would be over in a week since there is no phoocking way any Soy Boy/Girl can stand toe to toe with a real American patriot in a gun fight or even in a fist fight... It would be one of the shortest wars in human history.

Here’s a few things that Liberals fail to remember;

A) Most every conservative owns several firearms and have plenty of ammo on hand.
B) Have some level of military training and many with actual “combat” experience.
C) Most of our Active/Reserve/National Guard “Combat Soldiers/Marines” will side with the Conservatives... Bringing with them, their tanks, infantry fight vehicles, artillery and so on.
C) Most every Law Enforcement Officers will side with the Conservatives... And bringing more gun to our side!!

It wouldn’t take long for Liberal, who would start this fight to loose it and cry like the little “beeches” they are and play the victim.

Yes, the Democrats will riot and burn down whatever hasn’t been burnt down in our cities, at this point, but this is what Liberals do and will support... That will be the extent of their “Revolution.” Anything else would require hard work and sacrifices, which isn’t in the DNA of a Liberal, so it’s not going to happen.

Last edited by bergun; 07-21-2020 at 11:01 AM..

Old 07-21-2020, 10:42 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,397,248 times
The unelected Press, owned by private corporate interests, is the primary political power in this nation.

If a war is going to be forced, it will be at the Press's bidding.

Old 07-21-2020, 10:45 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
The city and state are not and have never been enabling rioters. They have been doing their best to defuse the situations which Trump's unmarked squads have made worse.

Your authoritarian viewpoint is well noted.
LOL !!! Calling a 7 block take over of a city "a summer of love" isn't enabling ?

https://www.newsbreak.com/washington...-a-block-party

Things certainly changed for Jenny when the love filled peaceful protesters started marching towards her house, and people started dying. You really can't make this stuff up. It would be comedy gold if it wasn't so tragic.

https://www.q13fox.com/news/chop-sea...f-love-comment

Telling your LEO's to stand down as their precinct burns due to the love filled peaceful protesters isn't enabling ? Come on, you don't have to be on the side of Trump, but you don't have to completely ignorant either. Nothing progresses that way.

https://www.newsbreak.com/minnesota/...olice-precinct

Old 07-21-2020, 10:45 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I am going to keep beating this drum. Americans who vote (for Trump) are the target of all of what is going on so they can get their trojan horse into the presidency.

Here's a question... what are we going to do when the police are beat down, the citizens are intimidated, it's time to vote on election day, and the brownshirts have surrounded polling places? Don't think it can't happen... Plan for the for the worst.

Does anyone even remember who George Floyd was?

IMO - he was killed on purpose to start the war... and the enemy used peaceful Floyd protesters as human shields to get things started.

The goal is defeating Trump. He continues to outsmart them, so now they are going after us. They are not even running a real presidential campaign four months away from the election.

The article does mention that we outnumber them, and we have the weaponry. They may force our hand to use it.
What a crock! Have you bought totally into Trump's ruse of trying to make out like cities are on fire and anarchists are running wild looting, killing and burning, all to justify sending in federal "agents" to make him look tough? His strategy is backfiring on him:

"Similarly, a New York Times/Siena College poll recently asked whether people prefer a presidential candidate who focuses on the cause of the protests — even when the protests go too far — or whether they want someone who focuses mostly on getting tough on unruly protesters. Voters this time chose the former by an even more lopsided margin, 63-31 percent — nearly 2 to 1."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...message-flops/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies