Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2020, 01:12 PM

37,095 posts, read 41,226,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
The rushed frankenvaccine will be sketchy and mandatory.
No evidence of either of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
That's my issue I'm having with people. Vaccines usually take at least a decade to properly test and develop for safety, and this one is being done in 6 months. And people are shaming others as anti-vaxx and crazy for not wanting to be the first ones to take an untested vaccine.

The people who are doing trials now have experienced some pretty bad side effects, and these are healthy adults. I would never line up myself or my child to go take this without seeing the effects of others first.

That's not crazy, that's just being rational and responsible.
By the time any of the candidate vaccines is available to the public it will have been taken by thousands of people. You would not be the first.

I have seen only a report of one person who had severe side effects. They went away. He received a high dose of the vaccine and from his experience and finding that lower doses work, the higher dose will not be used. That is one of the reason for doing trials: to find the best dose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Kung Flu 1984, is a SARS variant.

They promised us all a SARS vaccine 15 years ago.... How is that coming along?
Now some rushed, bioweapon injected into people veins? You guys be the test subject... I'll watch.
There is no SARS vaccine because SARS was wiped out before a vaccine could be developed.

Vaccines are not injected into veins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
I would get the required vaccine if I were going to those places. But I don't have any plans to go to any of those places. They aren't on my bucket list.

I am planning on going to Europe next year. I get this feeling they may require the vaccine for entry for Americans. It's not an issue for me. I will get it. I would get the vaccine even if I wasn't traveling. They forced me to deal with the chickenpox shot when it was new. I didn't grow any extra limbs and that impulse I have to pluck at the ground and cluck is very minor. All this talk of rushed vaccines and people being guinea pigs... someone has to go first. I'll do it.
Testing is being expedited but it is still being done. Most of what is being "rushed" is the regulatory overview.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2020, 01:16 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,123,161 times
Like forcing everyone (male and female) to wear internal and external condoms.

Old 07-21-2020, 01:22 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasTexMex View Post
So then you are against mask mandates in outdoor spaces and/or a national blanket mask mandate? And what about employers who would mandate employees to get the vaccine?
Plenty of employers require vaccines and medical screenings in order to work there. Teachers and health care workers, for example.

Why are you trying to stir up anger and panic? Are you REALLY afraid or are you just trying to get a reaction?

Old 07-21-2020, 01:27 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
There is no SARS vaccine because SARS was wiped out before a vaccine could be developed.
Really... LOL

I guess no one has informed you Kung Flu 1984 is SARS(virus) - COVID19(variant name)

Old 07-21-2020, 01:40 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,646,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post

By the time any of the candidate vaccines is available to the public it will have been taken by thousands of people. You would not be the first.

I have seen only a report of one person who had severe side effects. They went away. He received a high dose of the vaccine and from his experience and finding that lower doses work, the higher dose will not be used. That is one of the reason for doing trials: to find the best dose.
Thousands of people being guinea pigs isn't the issue. It's the timing, and potential years of side effects down the road.

Old 07-21-2020, 01:42 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,123,161 times
The media rhetoric is now running stories that coronavirus is causing oral herpes.

Old 07-21-2020, 02:03 PM

37,095 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Really... LOL

I guess no one has informed you Kung Flu 1984 is SARS(virus) - COVID19(variant name)
SARS, without the Cov-2 designation, refers to the virus that emerged in 2002. It underwent a mutation that made it less easy to spread and was contained with isolation, contact tracing, and quarantine. SARS was eradicated.

COVID-19 is not a virus, It is the disease caused by SARS-CoV-2. SARS and SARS-CoV-2 are both coronaviruses, but SARS-CoV-2 is not a variant of SARS.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...129-8/fulltext

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Thousands of people being guinea pigs isn't the issue. It's the timing, and potential years of side effects down the road.
People who are recovering from COVID-19 may be facing serious issues down the road, too.

Old 07-21-2020, 03:20 PM

8,204 posts, read 3,479,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
The media rhetoric is now running stories that coronavirus is causing oral herpes.
Just think, it started out only causing coughs, fevers, and shortness of breath. Now it can cause heart attacks and blood clots and kidney disease and all sorts of other problems. That's a pretty powerful little germ that Wuhan lab created.

Old 07-21-2020, 03:27 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,115,831 times
If the vaccine comes out, and is optional, I may take it depending on the situation (if it works, reactions to it). However, if they make it mandatory, I won't take it on principle.

If this vaccine is about as effective as our Flu vaccines, I won't bother.

Old 07-21-2020, 03:30 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,115,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeAZguy View Post
COVID-19 is a public health issue. Not getting the vaccine could affect the immunity of responsible citizens that do get vaccinated. If most people are not vaccinated, it will affect the overall efficacy of the vaccine. This is the reason why whooping cough, for example, has returned.

I believe that other rights should be removed from citizens that do not comply in addition to fines and possibly jail time.

The line should be drawn where personal choices affect the health and wellbeing of other people.
You don't have the right to force people to inject things into their bodies if they don't want. That's an infringement on their human rights. And that kind of thinking leads you to some very ugly logical reductions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies