Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2020, 02:21 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,721 times

Advertisements

The problem I have in talking to people on the left is that every issue comes down to Trump.

Antifa is a good example. I remember years ago, Antifa was a thing. They were widely acknowledged to be violent and BAD. No one I knew defended them.

Then, suddenly Trump takes a stand against Antifa, and people on the left are like, "yeah...they're not that bad...and there really aren't many of them...and....they kind of have a point." Huh?

Or if we're talking about something completely unrelated to Trump, my friends on the left just keep bringing up Trump. No matter what the issue, they see things through the lens of Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2020, 02:25 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
The problem I have in talking to people on the left is that every issue comes down to Trump.

Antifa is a good example. I remember years ago, Antifa was a thing. They were widely acknowledged to be violent and BAD. No one I knew defended them.

Then, suddenly Trump takes a stand against Antifa, and people on the left are like, "yeah...they're not that bad...and there really aren't many of them...and....they kind of have a point." Huh?

Or if we're talking about something completely unrelated to Trump, my friends on the left just keep bringing up Trump. No matter what the issue, they see things through the lens of Trump.
That's it in a lot of ways. The TDS is so strong with some that they can't have a simple disagreement, it's bizarre with the far left crowd.

The far left crowd also seems to think it has the moral high ground and they appear base their views and opinions on feelings more so than facts, as it seems to me.

Old 07-21-2020, 02:29 PM

10,481 posts, read 6,999,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post

Just remember they dont hate Trump they HATE Conservatism, Nationalism, and Christianity. Trump is just the face.

Old 07-21-2020, 02:30 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
While many on the right believe that there is no pandemic, no stress on hospitals, first responders, etc.., that the media is making it all up to take Trump down. And somehow they have coerced the whole world to play along.

Yeah not much reasoning there is there?

Old 07-21-2020, 02:31 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Dont even kid yourself that can appease or reason with them. They will stomp you out if you give an inch in anything.

Most or all of them hold no moral convictions in Christ and worship Globalism and Global Warming as their religion. Its like a fire that needs to be put out, Jesus warned us about them as a sign of the last days.
That is true- libs will not even acknowledge obvious facts; with that basis, it is impossible to debate with them, as they are consumed by emotion and will never alter their views. In the minds of a lib, they are right, you are wrong. That is all they need to know.

Unfortunately, as with most Marxists, truth is relative and so presenting facts to support a viewpoint is completely irrelevant to them.

Old 07-21-2020, 02:35 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,805,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Just remember they dont hate Trump they HATE Conservatism, Nationalism, and Christianity. Trump is just the face.
trump is the face of Christianity? Yikes!!

I am no longer a believer but trump is the absolute antithesis of everything Jesus stood for. And even though I don't believe in God I try to follow Jesus's example in the way he lived his life.

Christianity is not sitting in a church on Sunday or holding a bible upside down outside of one after teargassing peaceful protestors.

Old 07-21-2020, 02:40 PM

5,984 posts, read 3,458,081 times
^I actually met Jesus once in San Fransisco. He doesn't look anything like the pictures. Also he hides behind a bush scaring people, and for some reason he calls himself "David Johnson." I just walked away slowly.

Last edited by Shalop; 07-21-2020 at 02:52 PM..

Old 07-21-2020, 02:42 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Nothing wrong with a few of those and a few are just Leftist lies.
But the OP posted that scripture that says those things are wrong. If they believed that scripture, they would think they are wrong, too. Trump curiously gets a huge pass on these things that are supposed to be bad in Christian scripture.

Old 07-21-2020, 03:48 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,268,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Anyone who elected a serial lying, sexual assaulting, wife cheating, money scamming scum as their cult leader has no standing in evoking Christ.

If Christ came down today, he'd call himself a Leftist Democrats and be on the frontline protesting government brutality and racism.

At least Trump paid his prostitutes though, Jesus should give him some credit for that.

Old 07-21-2020, 03:51 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Anyone who elected a serial lying, sexual assaulting, wife cheating, money scamming scum as their cult leader has no standing in evoking Christ.
That pretty much condemns anybody who ever voted for Bill Clinton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies