Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2020, 09:19 AM

1,769 posts, read 1,690,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
What Federal lay are the upholding and let me know when you find a post where I am defending the actions of the individuals.
It is hard to say for sure without being on the ground and seeing what was going on myself to really have an idea of exactly what federal laws were being broken in the arrests and what charges were being brought against people. Even then, I am not a lawyer so I am having to work with limited knowledge of the subject. There is a section in the U.S. Code related to rioting, though, which would seem to give federal law enforcement a good bit of leeway, since a "riot" based on the below can be any disturbance involving 3 or more assembled people where at least 1 member of the assembled party becomes violent. Again, I am not a lawyer and am working with limited knowledge of criminal justice, particularly federal criminal justice but I assume the below would be a federal law where federal agents can become involved.

(a)As used in this chapter, the term “riot” means a public disturbance involving (1) an act or acts of violence by one or more persons part of an assemblage of three or more persons, which act or acts shall constitute a clear and present danger of, or shall result in, damage or injury to the property of any other person or to the person of any other individual or (2) a threat or threats of the commission of an act or acts of violence by one or more persons part of an assemblage of three or more persons having, individually or collectively, the ability of immediate execution of such threat or threats, where the performance of the threatened act or acts of violence would constitute a clear and present danger of, or would result in, damage or injury to the property of any other person or to the person of any other individual.

(b)As used in this chapter, the term “to incite a riot”, or “to organize, promote, encourage, participate in, or carry on a riot”, includes, but is not limited to, urging or instigating other persons to riot, but shall not be deemed to mean the mere oral or written (1) advocacy of ideas or (2) expression of belief, not involving advocacy of any act or acts of violence or assertion of the rightness of, or the right to commit, any such act or acts.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2102
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2020, 09:30 AM

14,225 posts, read 4,590,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Just imagine all the good things a Democrat president will be able to do in the future with this new secret federal police force at their disposal.
Kicking down your door in the middle of the night for not obeying mask order

Old 07-22-2020, 09:37 AM

3,973 posts, read 5,768,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
Yeah, that's it. Fascist federal stormtroopers are trying to annex Oregon as part of the United States. Got a real genius here.
The tactics are the same, unidentified government sponsored armed individuals are roughing up citizens. How hard is it to understand that is not right? If you're part of Federal law enforcement or any law enforcement, you identify yourself clearly when making arrests. You and the O.P. quite obviously don't work for the government so you think that a government employee, especially an armed government employee, has any right to bend the rules to favor their boss. That's not proper law enforcement protocol, that's a desperate attempt to use mob like coercion and intimation tactics to quell dissent.

Old 07-22-2020, 09:38 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Just imagine all the good things a Democrat president will be able to do in the future with this new secret federal police force at their disposal.
Yeah like arresting ANTIFA and the right wing groups Trump doesn't have the balls to go after. I think Democrats don't like ANTIFA as much as conservatives think they do.

Last edited by mkpunk; 07-22-2020 at 09:59 AM..

Old 07-22-2020, 09:45 AM

14,225 posts, read 4,590,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
The tactics are the same, unidentified government sponsored armed individuals are roughing up citizens. How hard is it to understand that is not right? If you're part of Federal law enforcement or any law enforcement, you identify yourself clearly when making arrests. You and the O.P. quite obviously don't work for the government so you think that a government employee, especially an armed government employee, has any right to bend the rules to favor their boss. That's not proper law enforcement protocol, that's a desperate attempt to use mob like coercion and intimation tactics to quell dissent.
How do you know the feds did not identify themselves to the arrestee?

Let me guess. You know this because the arrestee's friend told you this while standing 20 feet away with the camera, right?

Old 07-22-2020, 09:54 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,209,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Patches where ? What unique identifiers?
a patch on each arm, name of the agency.
Police patch on front
some type of personal identifier patch on an arm (I've seen short serial numbers, I've seen initials)

Meanwhile, DHS reported in June that 38 officers had personal information posted to social media, and some people tweeted "you should go to their home".

there have been no widespread reports - if there are ANY - of lawful peaceful protestors being excessively detained by officers who provided no identifying information. There's no reason for any LEO to have their name displayed or to provide to a crowd who would then turn around and dox them.

Old 07-22-2020, 10:08 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Yeah luke arresting ANTIFA and the right wing groups Trump doesn't have the balls to go after. I think Democrats don't like ANTIFA as much as conservatives think they do.
Then why do Dems constantly defend them?

These people are very good at political theater. If you bring a camera and point it at them, they smash it. They only want their version of things to be seen. They have their own cameras rolling. They'll cut off the part where Antifa throws five bricks as a policeman, hitting him in the head twice, and only start the video when the cop pulls out a stun gun or tear gas. Then they immediately start screaming, "Help! Help! I'm being oppressed!!" And for some reason, CNN, MSNBC, NYT, WaPo all actively spin things in Antifa's favor. Even the morons at Fox News keep on calling a group of rioting terrorists "protesters."

Antifa and their sub-group BLM have wrought billions of dollars in destruction. They've killed at least 29 people so far and who knows how many they've injured. About half of the people they've killed or injured were black. They've ruined the lives and livelihoods of millions of people, with black American lives and livelihoods massively over-represented. They are a terrorist Marxist revolutionary insurrection, yet they've somehow conned dozens of America's biggest cities into crippling or eliminating their first line of defense against terrorism and insurrection: The police. The Democrats almost unanimously defend #DisbandThePolice and #DefundThePolice right when you need the police more than ever. Democrat mayors and governors are making sure that Antifa/BLM terrorists that are arrested for actual violent crimes are immediately released without bail and never prosecuted. If there is a statue that offends the terrorists, these idiots rush to do the their bidding and take it down. The Democrats have chosen not doing a damn thing about rioting terrorists as their hill to die on. They're screaming bloody murder anytime Trump suggests sending in federal agents or troops to restore order and they've ordered their police to stand down. They seem to want the revolutionary terrorist mob wreak havoc and destroy their cities.

So you'll have to excuse me -- a politically homeless Center-Righty -- when I point out that the Democrats sure as hell seem to be 100% on Antifa's side. Please explain what they are doing to oppose these little psycho bastards, cuz I'm not seeing them do a damn thing.

Old 07-22-2020, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I see them there - was this at DC? If they could not identify them in Oregon - there must be a reason. I rather they be in jeans and black T-shirts’ than military garb. I also think it’s big misuse of CBP manpower.
so what you'd like them to do is pose as protestors, and then secretly take the protestors away.

and then you'd like to change the discussion from "they're not identified!" to "misuse of manpower".

It *could be* very easy.

1. Portland have a curfew.
2. Portland police enforce the curfew.
3. Portland police arrest those committing the crimes of vandalism and assault.

the problem is, the PPD is doing NONE of those.

About the ONLY thing PPD is doing is warning folks not to go down there.

Old 07-22-2020, 10:09 AM

here's a solid CNN Interview. feel free to tell us all what you disagree with.

https://twitter.com/NewDay/status/1285184169719496705

Old 07-22-2020, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
so what you'd like them to do is pose as protestors, and then secretly take the protestors away.

and then you'd like to change the discussion from "they're not identified!" to "misuse of manpower".

It *could be* very easy.

1. Portland have a curfew.
2. Portland police enforce the curfew.
3. Portland police arrest those committing the crimes of vandalism and assault.

the problem is, the PPD is doing NONE of those.

About the ONLY thing PPD is doing is warning folks not to go down there.
good thing I used "is" as in actively. They actually DID have a curfew at the end of May.

https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavir...s-for-you.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies