Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2020, 03:21 PM

3,836 posts, read 1,786,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Three officers possibly permanately blinded from democrats shining lasers in their eyes
WHERE’S THE OUTRAGE!!
WHERES THE PUSHBACK AGAINST THESE DEMOCRAT TERRORISTS??!

https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-...ireworks-doxed
That's sad and upsetting. Yet democrats in Oregon are literally on the side of these criminals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2020, 03:49 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,931,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
This is comical, how did you get so misinformed? People that burn the flag love this country, that is some real insight. ANTIFA hates the American system, they hate capitalism and everything that makes us a great and prosperous nation, they spew anti american hatred at every turn, "but they LOVE this country", give me a break.
What does this have to do with Antifa? You think those Moms that were defending the protesters are Antifa members?

I'm sorry but I have to trot out the Hitler analogy. Hitler leveraged people's hatred of jews and foreigners, and fear of communists, to gain power. Trump is doing the exact same thing (substitute black for jew) and y'all are falling right in line.

Old 07-22-2020, 03:57 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
That's horrible!
indeed.

Imagine, if you will.

You're sent to stop the crime occurring on the federal property, if not elsewhere in a large city when working together with the local cops.

so-called protestors attack the building you're protecting/stationed in, where some detained are held in jails. They break windows, come inside, and try to set the building on fire.

So you board up the windows and hunker down inside. The so-called protestors, actually emboldened by almost nothing happening to them since the local leaders have told cops to stand down, ramp up the criminal activity since they haven't been stopped yet. They start barricading you inside, usually crudely or unsuccessfully - but what happens if they improve and actually do it one night as they set and fuel fires outside?

Hunkered down inside, you leave 2 sqft holes in the plywood so you can observe what's going on - you know, in case they set a large fire or try to break/obscure security cameras. And yes, those 2 sqft holes are used for initial repelling force of non-lethal munitions before you go outside to confront the law-breaking. And while you've got those holes, there's 3-10 people waving lasers at the hole non-stop while you're hunkered down. They're not trying to distract you, they're hoping that laser hits you in the eyes and blinds you, even if it's only temporarily.

Old 07-22-2020, 03:57 PM

2,180 posts, read 640,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
What does this have to do with Antifa? You think those Moms that were defending the protesters are Antifa members?

I'm sorry but I have to trot out the Hitler analogy. Hitler leveraged people's hatred of jews and foreigners, and fear of communists, to gain power. Trump is doing the exact same thing (substitute black for jew) and y'all are falling right in line.

Miscellaneous leftist trashbags hanging outside the federal complex in Portland should be treated as such. Be they fake "moms" or wannabe revolutionaries. They are absolute garbage humans. They smell like it, look like it, and act like it. Take them out and dump them off somewhere they can no longer be a threat to themselves or others.

I must admit, though, that the best part of this whole thing is watching you leftists whine about how the "second amendment" and "state's rights" people aren't jumping up and down to condemn the snatching of communists and agitators off of the streets.

You've spent the better part of four years now calling those same people deplorables, hicks, racists, uneducated buffoons... and NOW you want people to get up in arms because a bunch of LARPING revolutionaries are getting treated like the terrorists they are?

NOW you want to uphold the 1st and 2nd Amendments? NOW it's important?

GTFOH. Fight your own battles. The rest of us will buy popcorn.

Old 07-22-2020, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
All I can say is normally agents vehicles have no marking and wash out tags.., for officer safety, but I wont get into that. Official cars may be marked, but not used for this purpose.
If you saw the video on my post #124... is what I consider the problem. Did these two play by the rules? If all LEOS played by the rules, we would have ZERO protests. Fed's have bad apples too. (trust me)
I consider this action to be strictly personal by the potus for political grandstanding and has no real bearing on national or even local safety concerns. Does the law back him, to a point.
The National Guard would have a better position here, than CBP.
that's a helluva response to my post.

is post #124 the anonymous Navy veteran? If yes, then I've seen the 10 second crux 20 times, and I've already responded to it in a way that agrees with the essence of any reasonable person's position.

Old 07-22-2020, 04:24 PM

now I see the link/video in #124 is of the 2 that get out of a minivan, cross an intersection, and arrest someone. That was 6-7 days ago.

Where is THAT citizen, claiming his rights were violated?

Where WAS that - within blocks of the Federal building, or across town?

go find, read, and post what the government official said about this. You don't need to try and link some Harvard law prof's personal and fairly professional take on it. What are the FACTS?

Do you think those officers are supposed to tell others gathered around (and more interested in filming than peacefully intervening) who they are or what the guy's under arrest for? Really? We're not talking about cops in NYC randomly pulling up on a crowd and just grabbing 2 or 3 guys without telling them why theyr'e under arrest.

Old 07-22-2020, 06:59 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
more disgusting criminal acts in Portland

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status...00603916054529
Quote:
Graphic: Shane V. Green, who is black, walked inside a NE Portland laundromat & used a sharp handsaw to attack two women. Responding police located him on a nearby street but the arrest was interrupted by Portlanders who screamed at & taunted officers, accusing them of racism.

Old 07-22-2020, 07:05 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post

Everyone should get a gun and go to target practice as much as possible.

Old 07-22-2020, 07:15 PM

3,868 posts, read 4,079,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post

Should have called the social workers to ease him, talk about his feelings.......what a total joke the left is and look forward to laughing at them again on Nov. 4th. TRUMP2020

Old 07-22-2020, 07:23 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Everyone should get a gun and go to target practice as much as possible.
Agreed.

My son is black and what says about BLM is worthy of a listen. He says that "BLM has done nothing for him, other than put a bullseye on his back. If you weren't prejudice before, BLM will absolutely make you change your mind."

He is feeling the stink eye everyday, from people he has known for many years. Yeah rioting, looting and attacking people for no other reason than they are white will cause some hard feelings.

He had 1 woke person try to relate to him, and bragged how he was a proud BLM supporter. My boy put that woke wanna be in his place. If it weren't for the Covid restrictions he would come here for a few months until the BLM crap settled down.

He is stuck dealing with the crap the BLM and their supporters are stirring up. Like he says, they aren't doing it because Black lives matter, they are doing it as an excuse to destroy.

He bought just went out and bought a Mini-14 in .308 cal. Until now he had no interest in Semi-auto rifles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies