Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2020, 09:44 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,753,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
Why does the Right talk violence!

Why is the Right so obsessed with Violence!

Why does the Right want to do Violence so much!
Get USED to the Right! Your President that is going to be re-elected is from the Right!

Trump 2020!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2020, 11:22 AM

7,511 posts, read 4,352,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDM66 View Post
We've been too busy watching tens of thousands of people die in the states controlled by conservative, pro-Trump Republican governors...
The last I heard is that Andrew Cuomo is still a Democrat? Why don't you ask him about all those covid-19 cases in nursing homes? New York leads the nation in both cases and deaths, followed by New Jersey, Massachusetts, California and Illinois in that order. All controlled by Liberal, pro- Biden Democrat governors...

Quote:
Number of deaths from coronavirus (COVID-19) in the United States as of July 22, 2020, by state.

"As of July 22, 2020, there have been around 142,000 deaths related to COVID-19 in the United States. There have been over 32,500 deaths in the state of New York, more than any other state in the country – New York is also the state with the highest number of COVID-19 cases. https://www.statista.com/statistics/...isticContainer

Last edited by Ex New Yorker; 07-22-2020 at 12:26 PM..

Old 07-22-2020, 11:57 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,726,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
When tRump is beat down in November, Trumplings will whimper and whine like gut shot coyotes.

But that's all you'll do.

Carry on.

as long as me and mine are working. I could give a fat steaming pile of crap who is president...and since you people aren't going to stop using electricity I think our gig is pretty safe...... This industry has survived every president since Tesla invented Electricity and it will survive whomever comes next.... ....The rest of you can eat turds for all I care.....

Old 07-22-2020, 12:11 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
as long as me and mine are working. I could give a fat steaming pile of crap who is president...and since you people aren't going to stop using electricity I think our gig is pretty safe...... This industry has survived every president since Tesla invented Electricity and it will survive whomever comes next.... ....The rest of you can eat turds for all I care.....
This is the mindset of the vast majority of Americans. We have lives, families, jobs, lovers and hobbies. Most people have never heard of QAnon or Antifa and wouldn't even care to know the difference.

We are busy. You old folk can go ahead and fantasize about civil war from your Rascals but you are talking to yourselves and getting your blood pressure up.

Old 07-22-2020, 01:02 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,473,841 times
IF another civil war actually happened the military would split like it did in 1860. Maybe 2/3rds of military is still GOP leaning though I'm not sure that all of them would automatically support a secession movement. Real question is who would control the nukes. That's were real power lies relative to China and Russia.

Old 07-22-2020, 01:21 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,431,235 times
I doubt anything will happen.

America is going through a harsh cultural change from its lack of social responsibility.

It shocked me when Katy Tur (an MSNBC reporter) recommended Howard Zinn's history book.

It comes off as bizarre that America's elite would all the sudden read anti-imperialist propaganda but it also came around the time of the George Floyd protests.

There is a new found despise of American history that has become popular and a massive focus on mitigating any hardship in life. Ironically Americans are more stressed out about this 'hardship' than ever before even if its less extreme than before.

Were did this thinking come from? Capitalism that tried to stimulate personal ambition over national identity.

The two sides are one in the same. You reap what you sow.

Old 07-22-2020, 01:33 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Why does the Right talk violence!

Why is the Right so obsessed with Violence!

Why does the Right want to do Violence so much!
Funny you ask that, as we see many cities (mostly blue) acro ss the nation under attack by the left. Violence and crime skyrocketing in a matter of weeks. Why is the left so obsessed with violence ? Why is the left committing so much violence ?

Last edited by scarabchuck; 07-22-2020 at 01:43 PM..

Old 07-22-2020, 01:35 PM

Quote:
But what if the Conservative media are making the Protests worst then they are?

It makes sense because Conservatives don't agree with the Protesters!

Conservatives want the Protesters to look as bad as possible!

To give them or the feds permission to do violence on the Protesters!

Why do Conservatives like violence so much?
Protesters are fine. They can protest as much as they want. Lawfully. The moment they break the law, they cease to be protesters. I know it's tough for some to figure that out...not sure why.

Old 07-22-2020, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Odd, I'm an Engineer who has spent the last 20 years working on guided munitions, and speaking for most of us in the industry, we are mostly staunch anti-communists and anti-leftists. Maybe you can get AOC, Ilness Omar or some of your freakish Leftists to replace us
That would be a fascinating career. I'm a design engineer but nothing cool, just automotive interiors.

Old 07-22-2020, 01:41 PM

1,066 posts, read 766,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Bold talk, Blake.

And that's all it'll ever be.

Time will tell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies