Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2020, 10:27 AM

17,790 posts, read 13,682,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
But this makes no sense...why would Twitter ban a handful and not the bulk?

There is a ton of Star of David imagery on the site.

It's isn't about the Star of David. It's about poor algorithms that can't weed out stylized versions honoring the Star of David from stylized versions hating on.
One reason might be that the Crips and the Gangster Disciples use the six pointed star similar or identical to the Star of David.

I'm a big fan of the Bloods. They use a five pointed star. Go Bloods beat Crips.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2020, 10:41 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,093,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
But this makes no sense...why would Twitter ban a handful and not the bulk?

There is a ton of Star of David imagery on the site.

It's isn't about the Star of David. It's about poor algorithms that can't weed out stylized versions honoring the Star of David from stylized versions hating on.
Thanks for being a critical thinker.

Things sure did get quiet around here.

Old 07-22-2020, 10:52 AM

26,563 posts, read 14,439,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Because I am a critical thinker. I wish more people were.

if there were i doubt we would have gotten this thread.

Old 07-22-2020, 10:58 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,428,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
The sad thing is that many Jewish twatter users will be willing to overlook this, as their love affair with leftism takes precedence. The main ACLU lawyer who defended the Nazi march on Skokie was....you guessed it....Jewish.

The true beliefs of the radical left are on full display, from protecting street thugs to hating Jews.
Have you read "When the Nazis Came to Skokie", subtitle "Freedom for Speech We Hate"? You might learn a lot about why he defended the right to FREE speech.

Old 07-22-2020, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
if there were i doubt we would have gotten this thread.
. . . and sooooooooooo many others that are equally inane.

Old 07-22-2020, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
You know what's really WEIRD??? That Trump haters galore follow President Trump! I don't get it. Let's assume Hillary had won back in 2016, the LAST thing I would want to do is listen to her fat face and see her bloated over-weight body on Twitter. Why DO the Liberals follow Trump????
This is a perfect example of the thought process of so many here on C-D POC. They can't even fathom the idea of monitoring the source.

The Jerusalem Post failed the journalistic integrity test. Will they admit it?

Journalists make mistakes. Good journalists admit it.

Old 07-22-2020, 11:12 AM

30,633 posts, read 18,214,590 times
Just more leftist antisemitism.

Old 07-22-2020, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Just more leftist antisemitism.
Yeah, right.

I would say that I hope that take this fake new thread down. But it'll be more fun if they leave it up.

Old 07-22-2020, 11:15 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,501,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Have you read "When the Nazis Came to Skokie", subtitle "Freedom for Speech We Hate"? You might learn a lot about why he defended the right to FREE speech.
First of all, I am more aware, and more thoughtful, than you give me credit for. (Do you honestly think I do not know of 1st amendment rights and agree that scumbag Nazis still deserve a defense?) In fact, I recall discussing this very case, WHEN IT HAPPENED in 1978, as a young lady, with my father (may he RIP), asking how could a Jewish lawyer possibly defend a bunch of scumbag Nazis who, if they had their wishes granted, would never have been born because his grandparents would have been tossed in the gas chamber.

The answer is way too complex to discuss here, but suffice it to say that you have hit on a key difference between liberal Jews, and Jewish conservatives. The place for the discussion is in Great Debates, and if you are interested, I could start that within the next day or two. It is a much more nuanced issue than you realize. Let me know if you are up to an intellectual debate, without insulting the conservative point of view.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 07-22-2020, 11:15 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,428,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i think a lot of previous posters will also abandon this thread.
No, they'll probably just double down on their claims and insist that anything twitter posted is fake.
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies