Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2020, 05:59 AM

5,071 posts, read 2,179,417 times

Advertisements

Funny I do not see them helping the endless blacks getting killed by blacks on Chicagos south side. They wont go near there lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2020, 06:03 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
They are communist marxists.. they are exploiting blacks using the BLM mantra to gain ground for the communists , they want to destroy America.

Old 07-22-2020, 06:04 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes. Boredom due to school closures and massive loss of jobs. BLM is only an excuse to get out and join the action.

Same here. The whole thing is 90% media hype.
Yeah I had neighbors who feared going outside. One lady thought she shouldn't even walk around INSIDE our gates, where it is predominantly white, due to the demographics of the surrounding area. Outside for dog to potty and that is all. Nothing happened. I bet that is true of most neighborhoods, regardless of the complexion of the residents.

That is not to say I had no concern. There was no way to know when it all started up, and downtown the walmart was looted.

I did wonder for a day whether the black employees I interact with in stores and such would act differently to me, or the patrons. I felt a black couple snarled at me, but that doesn't mean it had to do with complexion. If it did, that was one person.

No race war going on here. No race war, no BLM, just people going about their business as usual. As for black people on facebook, they post less about racial issues than many white people, including myself.

They are busy promoting their businesses or their lives or memes. One did drop a cashapp to purchase from or DONATE TO her business because it is black owned. I do purchase from her when I want her product in part because it is black/female owned, but also because I like her personally and it's a good product. I declined to DONATE.

No one else put a hand out. (That I saw, I am only reporting my personal experience).

Old 07-22-2020, 06:05 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
They are communist marxists.. they are exploiting blacks using the BLM mantra to gain ground for the communists , they want to destroy America.
Exactly. The poor brown people are merely an excuse and vehicle for the tearing down of society and the Marxist rebuild. BLM is NOT about racism. It is about income and wealth redistribution.

Black people. How does it feel to be used yet again?

Last edited by Pilot1; 07-22-2020 at 06:35 AM..

Old 07-22-2020, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
Funny I do not see them helping the endless blacks getting killed by blacks on Chicagos south side. They wont go near there lol
There are already organizations that deal with that. BLM need not duplicate those efforts to use the name they do.

Old 07-22-2020, 06:06 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I am not a leftist, I just happen to know what 'defunding' the police actually means. Which isn't defunding at all. It's a stupid phrase, but one could at least learn what it means before denouncing it.
It means DE fund. Take funds away from police and move them elsewhere. To community programs, etc. If not that, then please give your definition.

But you should read more of the architects of the movement....those who started the phrase "Defund the police."

They tell us exactly what they mean:

"Yes, We Literally Mean Abolish Police"

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/12/o...nd-police.html

If you read more of their writings, you will find that after they abolish policing, they want to abolish prisons.

To respond to the OP:

The problem I have with white involvement in BLM is that they are completely disregarding black voices who do not share their anti-police sentiment. Including black cops who get screamed at by white protesters routinely. When white people marching for 'black lives' ignore what actual black people are saying..something is wrong.

This movement is 100% pure ideology--Marxist, by their own admission--not about 'black lives.' Ironically, Marx was a racist-- yet he has miraculously escaped the woke purge.

I stand against police brutality, corruption and racism. But NOT under the BLM banner, or the current 'antiracism' orthodoxy.

Old 07-22-2020, 07:44 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
I am not liberal and I live in a black neighborhood. There are no signs of BLM anywhere. There were 2-3 small protests downtown at the start, and that is all.

No one treats me strangely or has heavy air or anything when I shop and dine and walk around as a minority white in a black neighborhood.

I think it is in your mind that they are curious about you due to the color of your skin, as if white delivery people do not go there all the time, you yourself are obviously one who lives mostly in a white world except for your deliveries.

Even years ago in an all black apartment complex as a guest of a tenant, no one was all OMG, a white person! LOL.

Not sure why you are going on regarding not being treated poorly. Why would you be?
Quote:
Yeah I had neighbors who feared going outside. One lady thought she shouldn't even walk around INSIDE our gates, where it is predominantly white, due to the demographics of the surrounding area. Outside for dog to potty and that is all. Nothing happened. I bet that is true of most neighborhoods, regardless of the complexion of the residents.

That is not to say I had no concern. There was no way to know when it all started up, and downtown the walmart was looted.

I did wonder for a day whether the black employees I interact with in stores and such would act differently to me, or the patrons. I felt a black couple snarled at me, but that doesn't mean it had to do with complexion. If it did, that was one person.

No race war going on here. No race war, no BLM, just people going about their business as usual. As for black people on facebook, they post less about racial issues than many white people, including myself.

They are busy promoting their businesses or their lives or memes. One did drop a cashapp to purchase from or DONATE TO her business because it is black owned. I do purchase from her when I want her product in part because it is black/female owned, but also because I like her personally and it's a good product. I declined to DONATE.

No one else put a hand out. (That I saw, I am only reporting my personal experience).
Just for clarification, you don’t live in a black neighborhood. You live in a gated white enclave placed in or near a black neighborhood. You are living in just as much of a segregated white area as the folks in suburbia.

You want to know something? When blacks complain about being ran out of their own neighborhoods the scenario you describe is exactly what they are complaining about. The most annoying part is too many of these white residents see it as some type of virtue signaling, “Look at how woke I am, I live in a BLACK neighborhood!”

Then why the gates? The answer is white people moving in those protected neighborhoods within a neighborhood want the cheap, convenient housing but want to separate themselves from their actual black neighbors. We do get it, no matter what lip service these ”enlightened” whites give to equality, their actions make it clear they really see us as lesser individuals to be feared. If ever there is a glaring indication of hidden, deep seeded racism that whites don’t get, these gated white spots in a sea of black homes are it.

Old 07-22-2020, 07:45 AM

2,400 posts, read 754,961 times
Yep, they are mostly idiots craving attention.

Old 07-22-2020, 07:51 AM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Just for clarification, you don’t live in a black neighborhood. You live in a gated white enclave placed in or near a black neighborhood. You are living in just as much of a segregated white area as the folks in suburbia.

You want to know something? When blacks complain about being ran out of their own neighborhoods the scenario you describe is exactly what they are complaining about. The most annoying part is too many of these white residents see it as some type of virtue signaling, “Look at how woke I am, I live in a BLACK neighborhood!”

Then why the gates? The answer is white people moving in those protected neighborhoods within a neighborhood want the cheap, convenient housing but want to separate themselves from their actual black neighbors. We do get it, no matter what lip service these ”enlightened” whites give to equality, their actions make it clear they really see us as lesser individuals to be feared. If ever there is a glaring indication of hidden, deep seeded racism that whites don’t get, these gated white spots in a sea of black homes are it.
What do you think of affluent East and South Asians (most of us are probably darker than you) who live in gated communities?

Old 07-22-2020, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post

I didn't move into a neighborhood that was black. Blacks moved in. We have gates because it's a condo complex. It's predominantly white because people self segregated around here. Across the street are black apartments and condos, white on this side predominantly until the last few years.

Over time, that has been reduced to my complex and the one directly next door. And plenty of black people live in my complex now. My particular street is half and half. Not very enclavy.

I do live in a black neighborhood. I don't stay inside my gates and the second I walk out I am a minority as I walk and in every business that I patronize.

I have never virtue signalled. In this thread, what is relevant to the topic is my statement that there is no BLM activity here at all. There was a protest downtown, and that is all for the entire city, including my portion which is predominantly black.

ME living here is the opposite of woke. It has nothing to do with me. My ex was co signing and would not permit me to buy anywhere he saw black people as we drove through. How it ended up segregated was black people doing the same thing. Driving out of places that were too white.

I wanted the duplex that was very diverse. There were black teens playing basketball, not stealing cars, and yet the answer was still no.

By now I bet it's predominantly black, something the realtor was trying to say to me w/o coming out and saying it. I wouldn't care. And I didn't then.

Please stop thinking you know anything about me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies