Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2020, 06:03 PM

5,071 posts, read 2,179,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
She would welcome 1 million Chicagoans shot this weekend as long as she thought it might hurt President Trump in some way....these people don't care about anyone, just pure power lust.
No doubt about that at all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2020, 06:10 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,750,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Have you ever considered how incredibly stupid that sounds?
It does look that way since she wants no assistance

Old 07-22-2020, 07:49 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Chicago has a 100+ year history of gang violence, well established during prohibition.

Most of the shooters and victims are affiliated with gangs. Affiliation includes young children related to a targeted gang member or suspected snitch. Unfortunately, innocent people are sometimes killed too because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time or misidentified.

Most of the shootings are drive byes, over in a a matter of seconds. When there are witnesses, they protect their friends and family or fear retaliation.

Yesterday’s mass shooting of 15 people outside a funeral home was gang related. The deceased was a gang member killed last week. Passengers in a stolen car opened fire on the crowd outside the funeral home. The crowd quickly drew their own weapons and a gun battle ensued. The car crashed. Four occupants fled in different directions on foot. Whole thing was over in less than a minute.

Police and mayor are pleading for cooperation from the community to come forward with information. Good luck with that.

Used to be LE was able to broker some semblance of peace among gangs. Those leaders are dead and gangs are factions down to the block, without any semblance of central leadership. Gangs use social media to threaten and challenge. No one backs down.

There is no way to govern or police the way out of this cycle of gang violence.

The mayor used to be in charge of the city’s board of police accountability. It is this board that recommends disciplinary action for police misconduct. In that capacity, the mayor was very critical of the Fraternal Order of Police and its Code of Silence as it relates to The legacy of Police misconduct. The city has paid hundreds of millions in settlements to victims and families of police misconduct.

No surprise the President of Chicago’s FOP posted an open letter to Trump on social media claiming the mayor was not capable of maintaining law and order and asking for federal intervention.

80% of the violence occurs on 8% of city blocks.
100% agree. Now take in the offensiveness of 50 years of mayors trying to pawn off the problem on guns. Drug. Smuggling. Gangs. Involved in daily felonies.

But hey! The solution is some sort of gun control on everybody that will follow the law.

I'm frankly way more angry at the lie that the problem is guns to those living in those neighborhoods than the failed attempts at actual gun control in the state.

My father was one of the first to go through the RIGOROUS background checks, finger printing, $500 cost of getting a concealed carry license in Illinois. Gang bangers do it for free. Every. Single. Day. Since. Before. Prohibition.

Lastly, the former mayor of Chicago not only didn't try to rein in police accountability, he got CAUGHT trying to cover up a cop emptying an entire clip of 14ish shots into and unarmed black man. (along with several other officers involved in the coverup). Where is he now? Oh well, first he got a Co-editor job at The Atlantic until the black employees revolted (good for them) but then he's still a high paid law firm member for democratic lobbyists AND an ABC contributor.

And this is why BLM will fail. They're getting played in an election year and all those fools running around will get squashed BAD once Biden is in office. They have legitimate points but they just keep getting the same old run-around from cities where your choices of voting are democrat or democrat.

P.S. Before anyone starts bleating about my comments, I'm voting Biden in November. You partisans are as dumb as my dog (apologies to my dog who is smarter than several of you), unable to view any situation outside of a poltical lens.

Old 07-22-2020, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
100% agree. Now take in the offensiveness of 50 years of mayors trying to pawn off the problem on guns. Drug. Smuggling. Gangs. Involved in daily felonies.

But hey! The solution is some sort of gun control on everybody that will follow the law.

I'm frankly way more angry at the lie that the problem is guns to those living in those neighborhoods than the failed attempts at actual gun control in the state.

My father was one of the first to go through the RIGOROUS background checks, finger printing, $500 cost of getting a concealed carry license in Illinois. Gang bangers do it for free. Every. Single. Day. Since. Before. Prohibition.

Lastly, the former mayor of Chicago not only didn't try to rein in police accountability, he got CAUGHT trying to cover up a cop emptying an entire clip of 14ish shots into and unarmed black man. (along with several other officers involved in the coverup). Where is he now? Oh well, first he got a Co-editor job at The Atlantic until the black employees revolted (good for them) but then he's still a high paid law firm member for democratic lobbyists AND an ABC contributor.

And this is why BLM will fail. They're getting played in an election year and all those fools running around will get squashed BAD once Biden is in office. They have legitimate points but they just keep getting the same old run-around from cities where your choices of voting are democrat or democrat.

P.S. Before anyone starts bleating about my comments, I'm voting Biden in November. You partisans are dumber than my dog (apologies to my dog who is smarter than several of you), unable to view any situation outside of a poltical lens.
LaQuan McDonlad was not unarmed and he was a thug with a history of issues and was waving a knife around for FAR too long that night before he was finally taken down. Who knows how many innocent lives have been saved by him being gone thank god!

Old 07-22-2020, 07:56 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,590,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
She would welcome 1 million Chicagoans shot this weekend as long as she thought it might hurt President Trump in some way....these people don't care about anyone, just pure power lust.

ALL the Democrap mayors of all those cities under siege, ALL are doing that. You and me have the same idea.. You can tell because of their own actions. or non actions.

No they really don't want to make Trump look good, they are willing to sacrifice their citizens.

I hope to God that they get voted out.. mayor Slewfoot is up for re-election in 2 and a half years.

Old 07-22-2020, 07:57 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
LaQuan McDonlad was not unarmed and he was a thug with a history of issues and was waving a knife around for FAR too long that night before he was finally taken down. Who knows how many innocent lives have been saved by him being gone thank god!
Right, because it was so legitimate and necessary that all the cops there went around and gathered up all the footage of the shooting....missing a few. And then, the city decided to cover up the investigation and try to buy of his family.

Lastly, the cop that shot him full of an entire clip was found guilty.

But hey, I appreciate your non-factual troll posts. I'm worried that other posters might accuse me of having a second account where I pretend to make really really dumb straw-man posts to just tee of on.

Here is how I feel when I'm pitching and you're catching....B......
https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-l...ted-way/n12129

Old 07-22-2020, 07:59 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,590,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Well, Gov. Cuomo caused the deaths of thousands of senior citizens in New York's nursing homes, he blamed their deaths on Trump, and his approval ratings went up. So...

Trump made him look good, by sending in the extra help that Cuomo requested, the ship that sailed in to provide medical beds, etc.

The ventilators, and all the extra equipment that NY requested, Trump sent. Trump made Cuomo look good by supplying ALL that NY requested.

Old 07-22-2020, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Right, because it was so legitimate and necessary that all the cops there went around and gathered up all the footage of the shooting....missing a few. And then, the city decided to cover up the investigation and try to buy of his family.

Lastly, the cop that shot him full of an entire clip was found guilty.

But hey, I appreciate your non-factual troll posts. I'm worried that other posters might accuse me of having a second account where I pretend to make really really dumb straw-man posts to just tee of on.

Here is how I feel when I'm pitching and you're catching....B......
https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-l...ted-way/n12129
That cop will not be in jail for that long. he should not be in there at all

Old 07-22-2020, 08:04 PM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Have you ever considered how incredibly stupid that sounds?
Have you considered how absolutely correct my statement is actually? If she cared about her citizens being shot, she would implement policies to lessen the violence...instead she's urging more violence.

Old 07-22-2020, 08:11 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,120,401 times
Quote:
Interesting comment.

Did you enjoy writing that?

Not nearly as much as seeing all the positive feedback it's getting!

Added bonus is it triggers the snowflakes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies