Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2020, 01:28 PM

28,883 posts, read 30,181,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
They do seem to be protesting in large numbers and that looks to me as participating. Or do they have to only join in on civic activities that you approve of. Does it count if it doesn’t create goodwill for you?
protesting doesn't mean to spray paint federal and public property, doesnt mean you throw bottles of urine, bricks, fireworks, etc at police officers, just b/c you can.. It doesn't mean you scream at police officers, calling them names, yelling at black cops that they are uncle toms and traitors, doesn't mean you burn down businesses, cop cars, and loot stores...that is not civic activities, and no; most people do not approve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2020, 01:32 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,227,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
protesting doesn't mean to spray paint federal and public property, doesnt mean you throw bottles of urine, bricks, fireworks, etc at police officers, just b/c you can.. It doesn't mean you scream at police officers, calling them names, yelling at black cops that they are uncle toms and traitors, doesn't mean you burn down businesses, cop cars, and loot stores...that is not civic activities, and no; most people do not approve.
I agree. I do not see or know anyone personally who participates in those types of protests. And just about everyone’s kids that I know of have participated peacefully. And they all vote. Must be very different where you live.

Old 07-25-2020, 01:33 PM

15,051 posts, read 10,043,591 times
Quote:
No one is saying it does... its difficult to separate out the protesters vs the opportunists taking advantage of the situation.

Old 07-25-2020, 01:35 PM

Quote:
no, that poster is right on....to come back with this, is the problem
Did you read that awful verbiage? No one normal (my definition) writes stuff like that even if they maybe think it. Maybe I’m the crazy one.

Old 07-25-2020, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
Your poll was in April. Two days ago, the same poll shows a majority of Americans do support BLM by a wide margin: https://civiqs.com/results/black_liv...ue&zoomIn=true

Try and keep up instead of promoting falsehoods. I don’t expect you to have enough character to admit you’re wrong, sadly however.
Even in April it wasn't true... OP had filtered on just "white" race then claimed it was "Most Americans".

Old 07-25-2020, 01:38 PM

19,784 posts, read 12,037,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
Your poll was in April. Two days ago, the same poll shows a majority of Americans do support BLM by a wide margin: https://civiqs.com/results/black_liv...ue&zoomIn=true

Try and keep up instead of promoting falsehoods. I don’t expect you to have enough character to admit you’re wrong, sadly however.
The spread is narrowing. I'm 6/6/2020 it was 53% support and 28% oppose and on 7/23/2020 it has shrunk to 50% support and 36% oppose. Keep up the riots.

Old 07-25-2020, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
No one is saying it does... its difficult to separate out the protesters vs the opportunists taking advantage of the situation.
All the protesters I know have good jobs, good apartments, nice lives. They feel policing is unjust mostly. They’ve all seen their minority friends and associates profiled. I hear the stories first hand. I would protest too but I’m too old and afraid of covid. It’s actually seems kind of fun.

Old 07-25-2020, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
All the protesters I know have good jobs, good apartments, nice lives. They feel policing is unjust mostly. They’ve all seen their minority friends and associates profiled. I hear the stories first hand. I would protest too but I’m too old and afraid of covid. It’s actually seems kind of fun.
Yup... A lot of people here organized a walk / protest in support of BLM. Yeh.. a few harassed them... and a few people's signs got vandalized. But for the most part it was peaceful.

I surmise that MOST protests are handled in this manner around the country.

Its just those that want to proliferate a particular view and define in their own biases what BLM means, simply only reference what is on TV and what only backs their views... They always equate protesters with rioters to vilify them but when the tables are turned, they are sure to separate the criminal elements out as a separate isolated group.

Old 07-25-2020, 01:46 PM

2,448 posts, read 888,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Uh, yeah, many actually saying it does. Unsurprisingly, this mob quickly decided the ends justify the means, thus, across many cities, the mob has justified violence and destruction. The bodybuilder on CNN also defended violence by the mob with a rhetorical question. Open your ears and take off your ideological blinders.

Old 07-25-2020, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
Uh, yeah, many actually saying it does. Unsurprisingly, this mob quickly decided the ends justify the means, thus, across many cities, the mob has justified violence and destruction. The bodybuilder on CNN also defended violence by the mob with a rhetorical question. Open your ears and take off your ideological blinders.
Because they say it doesn't doesn't make it true. You don't know what percentage of the mobs make up BLM and what percentage are just opportunists/criminals.

No one knows.

But we do know there were many protests throughout the country and most didn't turn up into riots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies