Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2020, 03:16 PM

37,949 posts, read 22,006,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
Your title says that most Americans oppose the BLM movement. Well, that’s wrong. Only 36% do. So you moved the goalpost to claim a majority of white Americans oppose BLM. BUZZ - wrong again. As of 2 days ago, 44% of white people oppose the movement. It’s right there in Post #1. Perhaps you missed math class the day they covered percentages, but that means 56% of white people don’t oppose BLM. That’s how majorities are determined: >50%. See?

I don’t need to read 17 pages of regurgitated crap to understand that you’re just wrong. I read the OP and saw you were wrong from the get-go. I have found, however, that you don’t have the character to admit it. But then, I’m not surprised.

36% of American oppose BLM. It’s also around the same number who support confederate monuments, placing brown kids in cages, taking healthcare from the less fortunate, oppose same sex marriage, and who would still vote for a certain sociopath should he shoot someone on 5th Avenue. But you know what 36% isn’t? It’s not enough to win an election.
Here's another poll:

Poll: 57 percent have negative view of Black Lives Matter movement

A majority of Americans has an unfavorable view of Black Lives Matter, although opinions on the protest movement cut sharply along racial and partisan lines, according to a new poll.

Overall, 43 percent of voters have a positive view of Black Lives Matter, compared with 57 percent who have a negative view of the movement, the latest Harvard-Harris survey found.

Only 35 percent of whites have a favorable view of the movement, while 83 percent of blacks have a favorable view.

I do have to wonder what percent of Americans are afraid to say whether they disapprove of BLM for fear of some type of retribution?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2020, 03:18 PM

8,300 posts, read 2,919,707 times
Quote:
A 3% drop is likely within the margin of error. The swing since the outdated (pre-protest) survey is an 18 point turnaround.

Regardless of what you’re trying to claim, there remains a significant majority of Americans support BLM. In fact, if you’ll look at this week’s poll, a mere 36% of Americans oppose a BLM. Wait a minute . . . that’s about the size of Trumps base! What a coincidence!!

Anyhow, I still doubt the OP has sufficient character to acknowledge that her claim is wrong. Bigly. 36 measly percent oppose BLM as recently as 2 days ago.
36% which is up from 30% only a couple weeks ago. Who's "her"? Whites no longer approve overall. A few weeks ago most did. BLM is sinking. Not fast enough.

Old 07-25-2020, 03:20 PM

7,528 posts, read 10,214,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Here's another poll:

Poll: 57 percent have negative view of Black Lives Matter movement

A majority of Americans has an unfavorable view of Black Lives Matter, although opinions on the protest movement cut sharply along racial and partisan lines, according to a new poll.

Overall, 43 percent of voters have a positive view of Black Lives Matter, compared with 57 percent who have a negative view of the movement, the latest Harvard-Harris survey found.

Only 35 percent of whites have a favorable view of the movement, while 83 percent of blacks have a favorable view.
More trash. Your poll dates back to August, 2017. Really? If you find one more recent than my 2 day old poll, DM me.

Old 07-25-2020, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Apparently so -- Support for BLM in Oregon is 60%.
Well, what would you expect from a bunch of moronic people who are okay with five weeks of riots by the pro-BLM mob rioting each night

Old 07-25-2020, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun Guy View Post
Well, you certainly have memorized the racist-in-chief's lies well enough. And you clearly are dutiful in your repetition of them. And your false claims, linking peaceful protests to violence and lawlessness, are as phony as the dictator-in-chief's excuse for his deployment of forces against those lawfully demonstrating. Your problem? The nation has seen this Goebbels technique before, and they are not buying it this time around.

BLM is not a violent Marxist movement and Operation Legend is not fighting crime. This is political theater produced for Don the Con's re-election. Protesters are not all criminals as you and Trump & Fox News claim.

Trump's private police are committing crimes, not fighting crime. These federal agents aka Trump's private police are not there to protect federal property. Trump applauded the Bundys who occupied and vandalized the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge Visitor Center for a month in response to the Hammonds being convicted of burning 139 acres of federal public land. Trump pardoned the Hammonds so he obviously is not concerned about federal public property.

Trump and Barr are proud to tear gas American citizens of color and those who stand with them. Proud to beat them all with sticks. Kidnap them in unmarked cars.

Trump's troops are committing more crimes than the protesters and this ugly, sham, law enforcement crackdown is just another diversionary game that he hopes will appease his base of useful idiots. Trump hopes that frightening his white base, by warning them of anarchy in Democratic cities with large minority populations, improves his prospects in the midst of a spiraling pandemic that he ignored and exacerbates.

Trump used a similar playbook days ahead of the 2018 midterm elections, sending 5,200 active-duty troops to the southern border and warning of “an invasion of our country,” meaning a caravan of migrants heading north from Central America. He seemed to forget about it right after Election Day, and the troops began withdrawing a few days later.

No matter how often you spew the propaganda, Leona, the United States' citizens aren't going to buy it this time. Americans know the Trump Administration is the vile racist hustler organization that needs to be terminated, not BLM.
Sorry but I stopped reading after "racist in chief".

It's Trump's fault. Cool.

Old 07-25-2020, 03:23 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,220,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Killing, burning, assaulting, looting and damaging buildings and monuments seems like fun to you??? Wow! You should get out there! You would fit right in and wouldn't miss all the "fun".

"It actually seems kind of fun."

Comment of the week winner! Congrats!
Come with me to any N.J. suburb. It’s really like a street party. No one is doing any of that horrible stuff. I guess they only do it in your neck of the woods. Not that you being there would have anything to do with it. I’m sure you spread sunshine and joy wherever you go. Where do you live anyway where it’s so violent?

Old 07-25-2020, 03:25 PM

7,528 posts, read 10,214,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
36% which is up from 30% only a couple weeks ago. Who's "her"? Whites no longer approve overall. A few weeks ago most did. BLM is sinking. Not fast enough.
First you trumpet that most Americans oppose BLM. Then you claimed that most white Americans oppose BLM. Now you’re moving the goal posts again, in a bid to find . . . apparently . . . any kind of win.

You not only lack math skills but more to the point, as I figured, you lack character. I see no reason to bother further with you.

Old 07-25-2020, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
According to the FBI, who has been tracking BLM from their beginning, they are not considered a terrorist organization or national security threat.

So far, according to this article dated June 26, 2020, the most protest violence that falls within the FBI’s jurisdiction is not coming from BLM activists or antifa, but from police.

Source: https://www.brennancenter.org/our-wo...lack-activists
Hahahaha......ok. The violence is due to the police? Hahahaha.......I'll buy anything you're selling. Send me 1000 BLMANTIFA protesters, I trust they'll be peaceful. :-)

Laughing is good.

Old 07-25-2020, 03:29 PM

77,015 posts, read 47,418,296 times
Quote:
Most Americans Oppose the BLM Movement
44% = Most

Trumplican math

Looks like the support / oppose its pretty much along party lines with more independents supporting than opposing.

I fall in the "Neither support nor oppose" group.

Old 07-25-2020, 03:31 PM

Quote:
More trash. Your poll dates back to August, 2017. Really? If you find one more recent than my 2 day old poll, DM me.
There was a lot of dislike for BLM back then, so what has BLM done since then to move their numbers up? Nothing. All we see are more riots and destruction.

People are afraid to publicly speak out against BLM for fear of some type of retribution. If you forget to hashtag BLM on Twitter you get mobbed, if you don't support BLM in public you can be fired. And you think any poll is an accurate dipiction?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies