Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2020, 11:55 AM

35,688 posts, read 21,042,380 times

Advertisements

One thing I do know regardless of the LABEL... the younger people are sick of the racism and ugly way people, treat others NOT like them.
They are more tolerant, inclusive and don't paint broad pictures to push an ugly narrative. Those are now old enough to vote, and if don't catch you on this turn, they will be the majority the next--
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2020, 11:55 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,441,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Not sure what you're seeing. Groups that support BLM more than not:

* All ages up to 50
* college graduates
* people with advanced academic degrees
* women

And most importantly - - Independents (and by a pretty wide margin).

Now old uneducated white males - - you got that demographic in a bear trap.
Actually the 35-49 age group is even. Funny how they gave that one to the support when the rounded % are the same. Also, what is the margin of error for this. Most surveys over survey democrats, so that has to be considered.

What i found interesting is that 29 of the 50 states opposed it. Is that enough electoral votes to get Trump elected again. It seemed like many of the battle ground states opposed it. Michigan about even, but the others are against.

Old 07-22-2020, 11:56 AM

24,476 posts, read 17,215,678 times
Of course we support BLM because ALL Lives Matter including black ones. What most do not support are the riots, the looting, the burning and destruction of public and private property. What many also do not support are the Democrats that are bending over backwards to appease the BLM mob and defunding and dismantling the Police departments. What most do not support are criminals being held up as Saints and given a pass to continue their destructive ways.

It is so short sighted to blame ALL cops for the deeds of a small percentage but that is how the brains of Democrats work. They would rather take cops off the streets in a gesture of good will but the people that are forced to live on those mean streets are now on their own.
When will the Democrats stop doing their social justice experiments because they just keep failing.

Old 07-22-2020, 11:57 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,929,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
So what you are saying that 60+% in those cities support a Marxist BLM organization? I don't think so.
I am merely quoting data from the very poll that the OP linked. Either way, thread fail.

Old 07-22-2020, 11:58 AM

35,688 posts, read 21,042,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
Actually the 35-49 age group is even. Funny how they gave that one to the support when the rounded % are the same. Also, what is the margin of error for this. Most surveys over survey democrats, so that has to be considered.

What i found interesting is that 29 of the 50 states opposed it. Is that enough electoral votes to get Trump elected again. It seemed like many of the battle ground states opposed it. Michigan about even, but the others are against.
Remember the electoral votes have to line up with the popular vote.

The Supreme Court ruled unanimously Monday that a state may require presidential electors to support the winner of its popular vote and may punish or replace those who don’t, settling a disputed issue in advance of this fall’s election
.https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...af1_story.html

Old 07-22-2020, 11:58 AM

37,960 posts, read 22,141,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
My point is that the majority of people in states where there has been a strong presence of BLM protests support BLM. These people have seen the impact of BLM first hand. The only states where a majority of respondents oppose BLM are AL, AR, WV and WY, not exactly hotspots of BLM activity. Even red states like TX, KS and GA support BLM.

I suspect that the people here tut-tutting about BLM being violent marxists are getting their information from fake news sources like Fox News and Brietbart, so yes they don't know what they are talking about.
You conveniently leave out the fact that more often than not, whenever Black Lives Matter decides to go into a city to protest, lawlessness, violence and riots follow.

Old 07-22-2020, 12:01 PM

5,252 posts, read 4,674,085 times
We live in a society which has no historical equal. The huge increases in population have rendered the US to a new cultural norm, one that includes way more ethnic minorities, women, gay people, the disabled, the economically marginalized, the mentally ill, and last but not least, the throwaway children of the dysfunctional multitudes.

This large group of people have a long, sordid history of mistreatment, in America. The neglected, the abused, and most importantly, the unorganized. Time changes all societies, and the US is undergoing changes which will result in those groups having a much bigger say in their lives. This runs counter to the societal complacency that these people have been up against their entire lives, and those who deny the need to recognize these people, will suffer the most.

When we consider the ultra violent beginnings of America we see that no amount of protesting has been very effective without the accompanying violence brought to the fore by those who have had enough disrespect and now demand that respect through threats of violence, and of course, those threats often turn into violent acts. I don't condone violence, but we all know the odds of a peaceful protest bringing much change, but when stuff goes up in flames people take note.

I doubt that any of the white population ever thinks much about the daily plight of Black people in America. We have our lives to live, and it's understandable that we live it by focusing on what's required of us on a daily basis, not much room for contemplating the lives of others. In this environment much of the negative stuff in the lives of others are overlooked--Until, the disrespected, the abused, the second class citizens, all clamor for the opportunity to protest their plight, and then--all Hell breaks loose, but we DO listen.

https://nypost.com/2020/06/25/blm-le...n-this-system/

Old 07-22-2020, 12:02 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,565,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post

People who think BLM will be the number one issue of the electorate are crazy. Maybe if you live in a city like Portland. It's jobs and coronavirus - - anyone who thinks it's BLM (pearl-clutching Republicans) is whistling through the graveyard.

Old 07-22-2020, 12:03 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,441,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
One thing I do know regardless of the LABEL... the younger people are sick of the racism and ugly way people, treat others NOT like them.
They are more tolerant, inclusive and don't paint broad pictures to push an ugly narrative. those are now old enough to vote. and if don't catch you on this turn, they will be the majority the next--
No one is treating anyone badly. Stop listening to CNN! Racism for 99% of people is not an issue. For the other 1% it is split evenly with all ethnicities equally hating each other, so they are all guilty.

I will tell you for a FACT that in the inner city schools, whites, asians, and latinos experience FAR MORE racism from blacks that the other way around. I know several inner city teachers, some who are liberal who confirm this. The schools won't do anything about it, because the leadership are terrified of the black kids! I know of situation where blacks where beating up another black kid and the principal told the teachers NOT TO CALL POLICE! One teacher I know said f*** you and called anyway. This kid had been trying to do better in school and this teacher was helping him. This kid told the teacher they would just beat him up or worse on his way home. So quit spewing the ***** that whites are what is wrong with the black community!!!

Old 07-22-2020, 12:07 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,500,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
People who think BLM will be the number one issue of the electorate are crazy. Maybe if you live in a city like Portland. It's jobs and coronavirus - - anyone who thinks it's BLM (pearl-clutching Republicans) is whistling through the graveyard.
I said three years ago that liberals are exaggerating racism in order to get people to think we are living in a massively racist country, and that prejudice against blacks is the #1 priority. It wasn’t true then, and it isn’t true now. What IS true is that Democrats have nothing to run on other than some form of income redistribution, and that ain’t gonna cut it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies