Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2020, 02:05 AM

3,833 posts, read 1,783,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
You can’t talk to these people. Peaceful protesting is a constitutional right. Violent rioting is a crime. The solution is so simple even a Democratic politician should be able to see it: Enforce the law. Arrest and prosecute anyone who engages in illegal violence and destruction. But this concept seems to be beyond the mental and moral capacity of many Democrats these days. This is one of the reasons I’m not a Democrat anymore.
You live in Portland right? Must be tough dealing with what's going on and then hearing people supporting the rioting and violence as some sort of right. Honestly I am with you on turning away from the democrat party. Not one democrat elected leader in Oregon denounced the violence against federal officers. Instead they lie and twist the truth about the federal officers--- going so far as even blaming them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2020, 12:23 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Only some Democrats are like this - not all of us.

The people who have no problem with the destruction don't live or work near any places that had this level of rioting. They don't care what happens to the rest of us.

And I'm guessing if this all happened exactly the same way under Obama, they'd be applauding the action he took.
I'm sure they would. Obama did more to attack the free press than any recent president, but nobody held him accountable for it. So I expect he'd have already sent in the troops, the terrorists would have been subdued weeks ago, and the Left-biased media would be tripping all over each other patting Obama for his heroic and noble actions.

You might just be staring down the barrel of the Democrats abandoning you. You might soon find yourself joining me and so many others in the Middle because both parties are terrible.

Old 07-24-2020, 12:26 PM

18,724 posts, read 7,602,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
These riots are not about BLM, they are about the federal troops themselves.
Uh-huh.

The thugs have been rioting for 56 straight days.

The Federal agents have been there for 5 days.

Clearly the rioters are doing it because of the Feds in the city.

Your logic is as accurate and sensible as ever.

Old 07-24-2020, 12:33 PM

1,134 posts, read 404,672 times
All the Dem leaders and Liberals are calling them peaceful protests, when in fact they are anything but peaceful. We see the videos of them trying to smash through the fences to vandalize government property, lighting fires, attacking local police.

Rioters telling the local policemen they want to "burn down the local precinct, and we hope you're inside!" Very clear video evidence.

All that far Left violence is owned by the DNC Political representatives and Liberals. Why? Because they never condemn it.

Whenever a far Right wing wacko says something appalling to everyone, all of you Liberals say if Trump doesn't get on TV and condemn it immediately, then he supports it.

Well the roles are reversed in these riots by the Left. So if you Liberals don't say the DNC Political leaders own all this violence, then your horrific hypocrisy is being exposed once again. For everyone to see.

Old 07-24-2020, 07:16 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,538,866 times
what should be the penalty for permanently blinding a federal officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
These riots are not about BLM, they are about the federal troops themselves.
utter idiocy, finny. and you know it perfectly well.

Old 07-24-2020, 07:21 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,495,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
You live in Portland right? Must be tough dealing with what's going on and then hearing people supporting the rioting and violence as some sort of right. Honestly I am with you on turning away from the democrat party. Not one democrat elected leader in Oregon denounced the violence against federal officers. Instead they lie and twist the truth about the federal officers--- going so far as even blaming them.
Yep. And frankly, that's why I don't give a crap what happens to Portland or Seattle. If they want to let a bunch of spoiled children throw a temper tantrum and ruin their city, destroy their neighborhoods, burn their businesses and kill their citizens-let them. With the leadership they elected, they deserve what they get. I do feel sorry for the poor people stuck there that do not support these fools.

Old 07-24-2020, 07:24 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,177,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
Democrats siding with criminals over law and order wow that is scary!! Not surprised though

Old 07-24-2020, 08:07 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,364,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
But LOOK AT THAT BUILDING! This is OUR building. As Americans. A federal building. A courthouse where our laws are carried out. LOOK AT IT. What do you see? These feds are protecting it from people who want to destroy it, and the system of laws it represents. They are supposed to provide their names, to violent extremists who are attacking them?
You're the one claiming earlier folks were trying to set it on fire. So yeah LOOK at that building. Tell me what part of the concrete there is flammable. Yeah. Such utter nonsense.

Now in regards to the topic. Yeah no they're not going to go blind. Its very possible however that they might have some damage to their vision for a short period. The vast majority of the lasers are green lasers, which unless held right on a eyeball will probably not do permanent damage if it crosses a eye.

However some of the higher powered ones are insanely dangerous. And anyone who does that (or the green laser at a close enough range that they might manage to hold it there even briefly) should absolutely be arrested. And those who support this are doing a disservice to the protest on this. You are giving valid reasons for these goons to hurt a lot of other folks. The time where using these lasers would be valid is the same time where using weapons would be. They do not belong at a protest unless you are a society without guns who has gotten to the point where you would use them. The US has more guns then people.

Old 07-24-2020, 08:09 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,364,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Yep. And frankly, that's why I don't give a crap what happens to Portland or Seattle. If they want to let a bunch of spoiled children throw a temper tantrum and ruin their city, destroy their neighborhoods, burn their businesses and kill their citizens-let them. With the leadership they elected, they deserve what they get. I do feel sorry for the poor people stuck there that do not support these fools.

LOL. You do know that the protests and violence are occurring in a truly tiny part of the city...right? Wild. The kind of things you folks think going on up here in Portland has absolutely ZERO to do with reality.

Old 07-24-2020, 08:50 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,801,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
We have a free people trying to stay that way against a secret government police force. Lasers are, in this instance, a reasonable exercise of 2nd Amendment rights and in the traditions of our founders against the King. Trump needs to remove his Gestapo from our cities.
You are condoning the blinding of three Federal Officers?!?
I knew you were always wrong, but I didn't know you were that evil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies