Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2020, 11:08 AM

29,476 posts, read 14,643,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerrose View Post
My son ( age 25 ) was laid off his 40K a year salary job after Trump was elected, he
now earns about 32K a year salary. Both positions required a 4 yr. degree minimum
for hire. His rent rises every year, to the maximum allowed but the apartment is not
improved in any way. His car insurance rose so high despite no tickets or accidents,
that I decided to step in and place him on my policy just so he could afford his premiums.
He lost most of his health insurance, his current private employer was priced out of their
employer sponsored plans this year, pre covid.

I am self employed since 2010, my business has plummeted even pre covid. People
just do not have the extra to spend that my business comprises. I do not provide
anything essential, and I also lost my advertising platforms over the years do to
changes of hosting platforms. A couple years ago, I started taking "piecemeal" work
from disabled neighbors who wanted privately paid help for various errands. Those
have now all dried up after one neighbor moved and the other drove me away making
too many demands. My last greatest earning years were 2015- 2016.

I noticed that car insurers refuse to lower rates for older drivers with impeccable driving
records anymore. I drive a 2003 car, carry full coverage insurance and I turn 57 next
month. I live in Texas, my homeowner insurance and car insurance are issued by the
same company to keep the homeowner's insurance where it is. Property taxes here
almost doubled in 5 years.

I see lots of business both big and small are fewer in number now. I do not see small
businesses thriving like I did 5 years ago.
Very sorry to hear that. It has to be regional. Michigan is a 180 from where you are. Everyone I know that has a small business has been thriving, some even after Covid hit. The trades are doing well. We just renovated our three seasons room. Roof, windows, siding. Called 5 different people to finally get one to order the windows. Called 12 different siding contractors and actually was told by a few that the job just wasn't big enough. My greatest earning years were from 2003-2007.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2020, 11:15 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,794,120 times
So by your logic I should be bowing down to Obama for making us rich and being able to retire at 58? How stupid. Obama didn't give us this money as Trump did not give your friends their money. People become wealthy in spite of presidents. Your twit logic doesn't fly. It sinks into the trash bin where it belongs.

We are paying more in taxes under Trump than we did under Obama. That's one reason to vote Trump out.

Do you like living in Covid country being banned from everywhere in the world? Do you like having everything you love to do taken away by a botched response to Covid?

There's another reason to vote him out.

Have you seen rioting last months before? This political unrest is Trump's fault. There's another reason to vote him out.

Look. How many more insiders need to tell you what a failure and rectum Trump is before you wake up and smell the coffee? We have depression era unemployment and I've never been this unhappy in my life living in this nightmare before. Trump took a booming economy and destroyed it, just like he's done with his multiple businesses and grifter foundation and college. Yet you support a sleazy liar in over his head that has been responsible for nearly hundreds of thousands of deaths? Why?

Old 07-23-2020, 11:19 AM

29,476 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
So by your logic I should be bowing down to Obama for making us rich and being able to retire at 58? How stupid. Obama didn't give us this money as Trump did not give your friends their money. People become wealthy in spite of presidents. Your twit logic doesn't fly. It sinks into the trash bin where it belongs.

We are paying more in taxes under Trump than we did under Obama. That's one reason to vote Trump out.

Do you like living in Covid country being banned from everywhere in the world? Do you like having everything you love to do taken away by a botched response to Covid?

Have you seen rioting last months before? This political unrest is Trump's fault. There's another reason to vote him out.

Look. How many more insiders need to tell you what a failure and rectum Trump is before you wake up and smell the coffee? We have depression era unemployment and I've never been this unhappy in my life living in this nightmare before. Trump took a booming economy and destroyed it, just like he's done with his multiple businesses and grifter foundation and college. Yet you support a sleazy liar in over his head that has been responsible for nearly hundreds of thousands of deaths? Why?
You sure you are replying to the correct post ? Your reply has nothing to do with the thread topic.

Old 07-23-2020, 11:21 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,070,563 times
Quote:

No it is not. This is organized and has a political aim.

Old 07-23-2020, 11:21 AM

8,756 posts, read 5,053,126 times
Life is better since Trump, MAGA.....and he will do it again, inspite of the DIMS.

Old 07-23-2020, 11:35 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
No it is not. This is organized and has a political aim.
Trump claimed the unrest would end under his watch because "only he could fix it." It has instead increased tenfold since he came to office.

Trump's America is so much worse off in all metrics than it was before he was elected.

Trump has failed.

Old 07-23-2020, 11:52 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,126,254 times
Quote:

Next it will be President Trump's fault for your E.D. & genital wart flare ups, losing house, job, wife, dog. etc. etc. etc. Of course there is no evidence to support such claims but, he's got a smile on his face most the time so he's guilty of something that causes all of this.

Old 07-23-2020, 11:58 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Next it will be President Trump's fault for your E.D. & genital wart flare ups, losing house, job, wife, dog. etc. etc. etc. Of course there is no evidence to support such claims but, he's got a smile on his face most the time so he's guilty of something that causes all of this.
You ignore every point in the post you are responding to and instead vomit up this drivel. Just like your hero, who "doesn't take responsibility for anything."

Old 07-23-2020, 12:06 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,126,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
You ignore every point in the post you are responding to and instead vomit up this drivel. Just like your hero, who "doesn't take responsibility for anything."
Sure.

Old 07-23-2020, 02:03 PM

25,730 posts, read 12,808,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
Typical Trumpette thread. It’s all about Me! Me! Me!

I fail to see how people feel their lives were pre-March have any relevance, when the country’s in the crapper now. And it’s all on Trump’s watch. Longing for past grandeur only leaves one miserable given the utter denial, incompetence, and failure of what I would only generously call “leadership.” A perfect storm of idiocy. And all in fewer months than the fingers on just one hand.

But ok, I’ll play. How was my life pre-covid? For one thing, I could travel the world with impunity, rather than being a world pariah. In fact, I would currently be enjoying my 3rd day of an 18 day trip to Canada. I didn’t wear a mask every time I left home. I went to restaurants, theatres and concerts. I had friends over for dinner without putting my life at risk. I visited my elderly parents without worrying my visit would kill them. I enjoyed my volunteer efforts at a nursing home. I attended my tai chi class. I used the gym in my building. I wasn’t afraid to go to the dentist. I didn’t have doubts about attending my SIL’s wedding in a couple of months in a Republican-led hot spot. I wasn’t guarded when passing people on the sidewalk. Things like this.

The only positive thing now as opposed to pre-covid is that my dry cleaning bill is lower since I only wear t-shirts and shorts.
yeah...if I had known Trump was going to invent Covid-19 in China, import it to America, and then make every Liberal Governor on the front lines of public health, fail miserably, I would have never voted for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies