Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2020, 12:42 PM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times

Advertisements

And people believe this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2020, 12:43 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,659,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Too bad there were so many who didn't follow mask wearing and social distancing. Certain followers of an out of touch president seemed to do just that. Thus, where social distancing and masks helped immensely to stem the spread in other countries around the world, our very special MAGAs prevented that from happening here.

Thus, the current state of affairs. Look around the rest of the world if you don't believe me. They are opening without the threat of recurring spread, unlike here.
Right. Simple science and scary that some can't follow a graph or a statistic. Or, don't care.

Old 07-23-2020, 12:49 PM

17,308 posts, read 12,255,968 times
Our infections are not being imported at this point. Is anyone seeing 90%+ mask usage in their area?
This Video Perfectly Captures The Differences In Attitudes About Masks Between South Korea And The United States

Old 07-23-2020, 12:49 PM

5,111 posts, read 2,052,447 times
In the case of former Van Halen member Sammy Hagar, it's not too soon for him. He would rather die from coronavirus than not play shows. https://pagesix.com/2020/06/24/sammy...ot-play-shows/

Old 07-23-2020, 12:52 PM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,891,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Protests were not big spreaders in a number of states. Minnesota didn't see initial increases, nor did New York state. Arizona only had a number in Phoenix and a handful of riots. Most states largely just did reopen too fast including bars, restaurants, and waterways. The young people were not tired of being lied to but rather just that they wanted to get out. My dear sister didn't believe her husband (my blood brother) that you get stir-crazy until the lockdown. Now she believes him. Hell, Trump's rally caused a spike in Oklahoma cases.
Minnesota did see increases. I have heard others say there were a lot of Phoenix protests (so people saying opposite things on message boards-I don't know which is true). New York didn't have an increase, but they have already killed so many people there, nearly double the national average and 10 times Florida and about 15 times Texas. The worst place in Texas was Houston where they had the massive funeral protest. Common sense (ie not what the media and politicians say) says they were a notable factor. Social distancing-not done. Masks-not done (for a significant number). Avoid touching-not done. Avoid crowds of more than 25-definitely not done. Avoiding releasing bodily fluids (Try shouting without spitting)-not done. The ONLY mitigation factor they did was being outside instead of inside.

Old 07-23-2020, 12:57 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,138,284 times
We rioted too soon.

Old 07-23-2020, 01:02 PM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,891,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
I don' t think "too early," just not regulated enough. When people congregate at a beach party, pool party, bar, protest, you name it. This is how it spreads.
And in the recent cases I personally know about, that's pretty much where it happened (or passed to a person by someone at those places).

When we're young (I was young once too!), we tend to believe it will never happen to us and aren't as careful. You believe you won't get sick and won't pass it and if you do, it won't be one of the serious cases.

And if you lock up young people for 2 months, lie to them as the media and politicians and some health professionals have, say contradictory things, the reaction is pretty predictable.

We need fewer self-righteous dictates, less politics and more persuasion.

Old 07-23-2020, 01:02 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
We rioted too soon.
Was there rioting in Florida? How about Idaho, Louisiana, Tennessee? And yet, these great bastions of red are also reclosing, with nary a "riot" in sight. Hmm.....

Old 07-23-2020, 01:06 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Was there rioting in Florida? How about Idaho, Louisiana, Tennessee? And yet, these great bastions of red are also reclosing, with nary a "riot" in sight. Hmm.....
Was there? Be careful out there.

Old 07-23-2020, 01:16 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Was there? Be careful out there.
Nope, there wasn't. And yet they are reclosing because of the spread of the virus.

I guess you'll have to find another reason as to why these red, red, red states are overrun with the virus. Hey, here's one: MAGAs refuse to wear a mask and social distance.

Yeah, see, it's not rioters who are spreading the virus, it's the MAGAs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies