Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2020, 09:45 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I worry about schools opening. I think they will, and will have to re-close.
simple solution....tele-school...distance learning...on-line school....(CLOSE THE BRICK AND MORTAR SCHOOLS) ………..but the schools balk at that, because they will lose money, especially the federal money for poor neighborhoods, and special education (SE is completely federally funded, yet the locals will complain "why are you spending my taxes on your stupid kid"...(I am NOT kidding)), and military/federal families

**AND all that money never goes to the teachers anyhow, it goes to the rich elite liberal administrators
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2020, 09:49 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
In the case of former Van Halen member Sammy Hagar, it's not too soon for him. He would rather die from coronavirus than not play shows. https://pagesix.com/2020/06/24/sammy...ot-play-shows/
He's an idiot.

Old 07-28-2020, 09:50 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Our infections are not being imported at this point. Is anyone seeing 90%+ mask usage in their area?
This Video Perfectly Captures The Differences In Attitudes About Masks Between South Korea And The United States

actually I see 90%+ mask usage... only a few idiots, that refuse to abide by the laws and rules

my daughter works are a restaurant, and politely asked a middleaged man to put a mask on to enter...he refused, said he will call his lawyer, and said he wont follow anything trump says to do.....

there will always be a few outliers, but in general most (80-90%) are wearing a mask when out in public

Old 07-29-2020, 03:11 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,672,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Too bad there were so many who didn't follow mask wearing and social distancing. Certain followers of an out of touch president seemed to do just that. Thus, where social distancing and masks helped immensely to stem the spread in other countries around the world, our very special MAGAs prevented that from happening here.

Thus, the current state of affairs. Look around the rest of the world if you don't believe me. They are opening without the threat of recurring spread, unlike here.
Yep...I recall when a reopening was announced, thinking "OH, no", as some others must have felt. Then, after seeing footage of those having running amok...crowds, we knew we were in for it. Having been pressure, influence and encouragement to just go ahead, look what happened. Besides those having opened businesses, only to re-close. What a waste. Then, (some) young people appear to feel they are exempt, thinking it is only the older people who will get sick.

Old 07-29-2020, 03:59 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,672,370 times
Quote:
I'm hearing from from friends working and shopping in stores like Walmart, Home Depot, etc. who are saying people are ignoring those rules. I myself have encountered the same thing. Our Dollar General stores require masks. I'm usually the only one wearing one. So we are not all doing what we can be doing. If you are, kudos. Many more are not. Evidently there is no enforcement, so people are thumbing their noses at the laws.
I've said this elsewhere, but yeah, I find that though people here are definately wearing masks in stores, they do not comply with distancing. There will be signs posted, yet inevitably, shoppers are next to others everywhere and after standing back, end up right behind me at the check stand, as they would have any other time. There are no controls, checkers don't say anything, so what is the point? It becomes ridiculous and I return home feeling irritated.

Old 07-29-2020, 07:44 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
There are no "out of control outbreaks." That's media/DNC panic pushing, which you've been engaged in for months.
Arizona was getting out of control. Now it looks to be better but we still have a backlog of cases and a high daily positivity rate that isn't good and sustainable. I think Florida and Texas are about the same too.

Old 07-29-2020, 07:53 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Yep...I recall when a reopening was announced, thinking "OH, no", as some others must have felt. Then, after seeing footage of those having running amok...crowds, we knew we were in for it. Having been pressure, influence and encouragement to just go ahead, look what happened. Besides those having opened businesses, only to re-close. What a waste. Then, (some) young people appear to feel they are exempt, thinking it is only the older people who will get sick.
Yeah i have had the chicken little thoughts too about reopening, MLB and reopening schools. Luckily the district i work for is pushing back reopening up to the end of the first quarter in mid October. They say it is based on metrics and could change but i think the longer Arizona goes down the better. Largely because daily positivity rates of new (processed) cases is still about steady at 22%. The number of new (processed) cases are decreasing but the state largely relies on out of state lab partners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
I've said this elsewhere, but yeah, I find that though people here are definately wearing masks in stores, they do not comply with distancing. There will be signs posted, yet inevitably, shoppers are next to others everywhere and after standing back, end up right behind me at the check stand, as they would have any other time. There are no controls, checkers don't say anything, so what is the point? It becomes ridiculous and I return home feeling irritated.
With the designs of many stores it is nearly next to impossible to really social distance or they stop in the middle of the aisle. One bug issue is the checkout line queues. This isn't just a Walmart thing but rather it is also a thing with Fry's (Kroger.) Trader Joe's is the best I've seen largely because it hardly ever gets packed. WinCo seemingly is second best but they aren't enforcing local mask orders. Also people still do not follow signage for the store aisles if they are used.

Old 07-29-2020, 04:15 PM

8,132 posts, read 3,671,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
There are no "out of control outbreaks." That's media/DNC panic pushing, which you've been engaged in for months.
Lol.

yesterday:
TX (30 million population): 10700 new cases
EEA & UK (515 million): 8900 new cases

Old 08-01-2020, 08:17 AM

473 posts, read 237,080 times
Quote:
I'm hearing from from friends working and shopping in stores like Walmart, Home Depot, etc. who are saying people are ignoring those rules. I myself have encountered the same thing. Our Dollar General stores require masks. I'm usually the only one wearing one. So we are not all doing what we can be doing. If you are, kudos. Many more are not. Evidently there is no enforcement, so people are thumbing their noses at the laws.
Thank you for the kudos, but I have never seen any persons not wearing the masks and not social distancing in stores, like Walmart, home depot, dollar stores, publix, Navarro, gas stations, restaurants and other businesses. As you say, our dollar general stores require the masks, and so do all other businesses. If there are persons not wearing the masks in stores, I think the number of persons is very small.

Last edited by Miami Shores; 08-01-2020 at 08:26 AM.. Reason: Fix spelling type o.

Old 08-01-2020, 08:34 AM

1,707 posts, read 2,983,597 times
Completely failed leadership from the Trump administration. CRIMINAL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies