Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2020, 02:36 PM

43,080 posts, read 18,252,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Don’t these people realize that if BLM ever got into power. That they would overthrow capitalism and confiscate their entire wealth. Have people lost their minds!
It's the "trendy" thing to do since it's only a sign.

Old 07-24-2020, 02:52 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,071 times
Or maybe they just want to signal that our lives matter, I know that concept is foreign to many on this forum.

Old 07-24-2020, 03:03 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
That's the problem, in a nutshell. A huge swath of our population cannot fathom the idea that if "I got mine", that I would still want others to have the same opportunity, rather than fighting like my life depended on it, just in an effort to make sure that "they" don't come and take it.

The thing that the Trump base does not get is that a rising tide lifts all ships. Instead of wanting to restrict the US Economy, just so YOU can stay rich, why not try to spread the opportunity, grow our economy even more, and we all benefit.

IF YOU GIVE PEOPLE AN OPPORTUNITY TO BETTER THEMSELVES THEY WON'T NEED TO COME TAKE IT FROM YOU. Why is this concept so scary to you people?

You have no faith in America. Honestly, it's really sad to see so many people wanting to hold our entire nation back just so THEY can keep their riches without having to work for it. And by work for it, I mean you are clearly afraid that these people you are holding down will do it better than you, and "take" it by using the free-market system you claim to love, but your actions show you are afraid.

(You may not be "you", it's "you people".)
What a bunch of claptrap

Who is restricting anyone from succeeding? There are plenty of opportunities for those who want to better themselves. No one is holding anyone down.

Then you go on to condone those who go out looting and "take it from you". There is no excuse for that kind of behavior. It's disgusting that you would even defend it.

Then there is your nonsense that people have "riches without having to do work for it". Do you seriously think that those who have "riches" didn't have to work hard to get there? Sure, some people inherit it while a rare few win the lottery.

Why should anyone who worked hard to have their "riches" have to worry about anyone trying to take it from them?

I'll tell you what --- why don't you voluntarily donate all your "riches" to BLM or another Marxist group.

Old 07-24-2020, 03:10 PM

552 posts, read 223,175 times
Yeah, and throngs of hysterical, unhinged and extremely violent white adults
captured on video back during the fall of segregation looks so reasonable
and mild.........Was not so long ago........

Not to mention the all but forgotten intentional bombing of school bus fleets
committed by white adult men who were pissed off that black children would
ride them to public elementary schools.....

Sometimes I wonder if these ugly bigot threads and posts are made by
people who were either doing these things or grew up watching their
relatives do so.

Old 07-24-2020, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
You know that it's definitely BLM folks who riot, loot and burn? No one else? The BLM folks I know wouldn't do such a thing.
Really? Then why don't they make an effort to stop the rioting, looting and burning? Instead, they say and do nothing when it starts happening.

How many card carrying BLM members do you know?

Old 07-24-2020, 03:51 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,034,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
Why is everyone on this thread assuming the owners of these houses in nice neighborhoods are white? Nonwhite people own houses in nice neighborhoods too.
where in the OP did they say the race of those homeowners? I saw one poster assuming they where white. 1 does not equal everyone. Unless you used a sjw calculator for that.

I get you're trying to find something to be offended about, in order to take a potshot at evil YT, but cmon!!

Besides, anyone who is truly honest with themselves knows there are a ton of sjw limousine liberals out there- they preach the Gospel of Woke, yet live in a 95%+ white area, with a 99.9% white social circle, who wouldn't go within 20 miles of an all black area.

Old 07-24-2020, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Actually, let me slightly correct you here. I don't care what "everyone" thinks. I care about supporting my community, my friends and my relatives.
It's sad that you think that you need to put up a sign for the purpose of letting your "friends and family" know you support them. If they know you and know what's in your heart, then they don't need you to put up a sign. If you've been a community member who is involved with your community and take the time to let your local elected officials know how you feel about certain issues, then they don't need you to put up a sign either.

Old 07-24-2020, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
This is someone's brain on Fox News.

And these people vote!
And, you know this because you watch Fox News, correct?

Old 07-24-2020, 04:05 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,527,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post
lol at these fools.

Wonder what they'd do if a Section 8 family moved next door and started blasting gangster rap at 2 a.m., hanging out in the yard in pants below buttocks and had many "guests" drive up at all hours.

I had bourgeois guilt once upon a (long ago) time. 14 years doing vol work in bad sections wore it away.

I have an around the block neighbor who put a similar sign up in front of their fancy, beautiful old historic home; in the course of a convo they (retired couple) told me they did it so if these idiots came along throwing rocks "or worse" they'd skip their house.
Years ago I owned a condo in very white suburb with neighbors made no secret that they wanted to keep “that element” out. I intentionally rented the unit to a Section 8 recipient who happened to be black. My neighbors were furious. That woman eventually got off of Section 8 and bought the condo from me. She was so grateful to be in an upwardly mobile community that she chose to stay, despite the bigoted neighbors. Although I’m not big on signs of any kind in my yard, I fully support the BLM movement. Another 30 years and whites WILL be a true minority in the U.S., as opposed to an imagined one. Can’t wait

Old 07-24-2020, 04:06 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,825,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
And, you know this because you watch Fox News, correct?
Absolutely I do. I find it instrumental, if not imperative to understand what the bigoted likes of Carlson and Hannity are lying about. Complete and total fabrications about the intentions of anyone who isn't a Trump supporter. They are blatant state-sponsored media, and responsible for a lot of the divide in America today. They appeal to the elderly and uneducated. UnAmerican slime balls they are. Sorry if that offends you (not).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies